Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

While it was really neat seeing the barter version for the lore we get on how the legion('s armies) nearly collapsed in rhe conquest of Denver. I much prefer the speech side of that ending, Lanius has zero respect for you in barter version too XD

I always really liked the Barter solution to dealing with the NCR while siding with House. In every Fallout game before this, the Barter skill sort of felt like Speech’s less useful idiot brother and the biggest thing we got to do with it was buy stuff at lower prices. Then here we have the opportunity to negotiate a mutually beneficial trade deal between two full fledged nations that has the potential to prevent thousands of deaths in an ending that’s only attainable with that skill. Now that’s fucking bartering. :lol: 

And yeah, Speech+Wild Card against the Legion at Hoover Dam is my favorite ending in any of the games. I like how there are two 100 checks with Lanius. The first one convinces him to turn back, while the second seems to actually make him reflect on the Legion’s direction as a whole. He talks tough, but you can tell his worldview has been shaken. In other words, Courier DESTROYS Caesar’s Legion with FACTS and LOGIC!

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

19 hours ago, Celan said:

Not sure if any of you play Wolfenstein, but once again Bethesda has released a quality game, with excellent characters, deep storytelling and gameplay that moves the respective genre forward.

Just kidding XD

Finally got around to watching and yea I repeat my statement, worse than EA.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I don’t think the people on Twitter defending this garbage watched twenty seconds of any footage because that doesn’t look smooth to anyone that’s played an FPS game before, and those two bitches are ridiculous. Especially the blonde. How did anyone act that out or see its creation and not recoil in disgust. The puking scene.... wtf was that.

• Like 1

I’m quickly starting to dislike Take-Two Interactive more than any of these guys the more I learn about them. At least the majority of EA and Ubisoft’s BS involves games I don’t much care about anyway. Take-Two has fucked with some of my favorites. Them and Bethesda.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was considering picking up the series for a while but never did because it seemed too campy, like dude said in the video. Dodged a bullet it seems.

The last one was extremely campy, sometimes in ways that were pretty funny (like impersonating a famous actor so you can enter senile Hitler’s base on the moon) and sometimes in ways that were just awkward and confusing (basically all interactions with or between any of your allies).

I heard the first one of this new series has the best balance, but I haven’t played it so I can’t comment.

What baffles me is that no one seemed to challenge the girl’s tweet. I had to comment just to see one opposing opinion because it seemed like all of them were doing the same thing, going off other tweets and opinions without researching the game for themselves and concluding it must just be sexist nazi loving dudebros. 

Which is baffling because even they asked the question: Why are nazi loving dudebros playing a series like this? They WOULDNT you idiots. Maybe they’re not goddamn Nazis, stfu. It’s insulting on so many levels seeing that name applied to just anybody when the real deal murdered millions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Which is baffling because even they asked the question: Why are nazi loving dudebros playing a series like this? They WOULDNT you idiots. Maybe they’re not goddamn Nazis, stfu. It’s insulting on so many levels seeing that name applied to just anybody when the real deal murdered millions. 

To be fair New Colossus's trailers and social media were filled with Nazis screeching in the comments how it normalised killing Nazis. And i'm like..."good." 

And Wolfenstein has always been super campy. You fight Mecha Death Hitler.

hitler001.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And Wolfenstein has always been super campy. You fight Mecha Death Hitler.

I know lol that’s why I never bought it XD I wasn’t accusing it of just becoming campy.

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be fair New Colossus's trailers and social media were filled with Nazis screeching in the comments how it normalised killing Nazis. And i'm like..."good." 

Also my point. I doubt the people concerned with normalizing killing Nazis are playing this game.

Some CDPR devs and the music director did a new interview about Cyberpunk. It was on the radio and in Polish so no link to the actual thing, but folks online translated and posted some of the highlights.

Most of it isn’t very surprising, but still nice to hear. They confirmed that there are multiple endings, activities outside of quests (like fighting and racing), weapon customization, and that the skill trees you choose to follow have an effect on quests and the story.

They also said that the music is important to them, and that there will be a segment in the game similar to Priscilla’s concert in Witcher 3, but “much bigger and greater”. Here’s hoping it’s Johnny Silverhand. :rock:

• Thanks 1

Mike Pondsmith seems like a really likable guy. Here he’s promoting the new Red game, but he also talks some about the world and how his tabletop leads into 2077. Some interesting tidbits in here.

I’m not into the tabletop stuff but I’m tempted to buy the Red handbook one day just to learn more about the world.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Were they actual Nazis or people pointing out that anyone to the right of Lenin is considered a "Nazi" these days?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Mike Pondsmith seems like a really likable guy. Here he’s promoting the new Red game, but he also talks some about the world and how his tabletop leads into 2077. Some interesting tidbits in here.

I’m not into the tabletop stuff but I’m tempted to buy the Red handbook one day just to learn more about the world.

I find TTRPG materials bewildering and expensive, but it's cool they're able to dovetail into the video game's hype. I see they're also selling a Witcher TTRPG through their storefront so it seems like their partnership with CDPR is broadening. Good on them.

35 minutes ago, Celan said:

I find TTRPG materials bewildering and expensive, but it's cool they're able to dovetail into the video game's hype. I see they're also selling a Witcher TTRPG through their storefront so it seems like their partnership with CDPR is broadening. Good on them.

Yeah, I don’t care to own all the maps and little figures and stuff. But the book could be a fun read if the game gets me interested enough in the world. And if it’s not expensive when bought on its own.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Were they actual Nazis or people pointing out that anyone to the right of Lenin is considered a "Nazi" these days?

Please. Nazis are just as much snowflakes as edgy liberals. 

Screen_Shot_2017_06_12_at_1.13.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_06_12_at_11.51.33_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017_06_12_at_11.07.41_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017_06_12_at_11.05.03_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2017_06_12_at_11.38.16_AM.pn

I can go on and on. Though then again, i'm sure there's shitposters among them just wanting to disturb some shit.

But there IS a crowd that get's genuinely upset at stupid shit. Like when they revealed Ellie was gay in The Last of US dlc, or that Billie Lurke was going to be the main character of Death of the Outsider.