Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Same here, been playing it since Combat Evolved. I dunno when I’ll get my hands on an Xbox again, I pray Microsoft will bring the campaigns at least to fucking pc, all of them.

maybe in another ten years lol

God, imagine if we got a good port of Halo 2 instead of the half assed thing we have.

I recall reading a SPV Halo 2 would be impossible because they don't have the tools due to microsoft not releasing them.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The first Halo Wars cutscene is in my opinion one of the very greatest in the series, there is something so charming about the non-spartan POV's throughout the war. From the books to games.

Imagine playing a marine in the book version of Halo CE, Halo: The Flood.

To non Spartans, this is what the Halo Universe really is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Meh nah that’s just them selling their game. I don’t think anyone can take on three Spartans lorewise short of Chief himself.

The coolest scene?

If you've seen the Designers Commentary on Halo 2, this cutscene as cool as it is was to replace an even cooler level.

You'd play as Chief with the level ending like what we'd saw.

Meh nah that’s just them selling their game. I don’t think anyone can take on three Spartans lorewise short of Chief himself.

The coolest scene?

If we're talking OG Bungie, this is wayyyy cooler then that. Pfft.

And LOL Atriox and the Banished (his splinter group) we're able to hold their own against the Coveant during the war.

He didn't win fairly. He ambushed the Spartans, and completley overwhelmed them with superior strength and speed, before they could even react.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And LOL Atriox and the Banished (his splinter group) we're able to hold their own against the Coveant during the war.

Mmmh, when it was shown I was skeptical to say the least. It didn't feel quite so faithful to the older stuff, hell even the books prior (I stopped at Mortal Didacta) to Halo Wars 2 made it seem like the Covenant's only real enemy was mankind at that point and while they had past confrontations with the Flood before Halo 2. Adding a splinter faction that managed to hold back the covenant and was partially the reason mankind survived felt kinda cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Mmmh, when it was shown I was skeptical to say the least. It didn't feel quite so faithful to the older stuff, hell even the books prior (I stopped at Mortal Didacta) to Halo Wars 2 made it seem like the Covenant's only real enemy was mankind at that point and while they had past confrontations with the Flood before Halo 2. Adding a splinter faction that managed to hold back the covenant and was partially the reason mankind survived felt kinda cheap.

Well hold off is not the right word...they basically hid and waged guerrilla war against both the UNSC and Coveant, doing raids to get supplies and disappearing as soon as it happened. Still pretty impressive.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

They’d probably still go to war anyway because while some of us are perfectly fine getting bent by tools in fancy robes, the rest of us are too stubborn and rebellious and would rather shove their energy swords up their xeno asses.

Oh no doubt there'd be war, I can't see the UNSC submitting without a fight. But in regular continuity they tried to work out a peaceful negotiation aka surrender but all attempts at even contact failed.

I think it'd be a cool alternate serious of the old outer colonies holding their Insurrectionist beliefs and motives refusing assimilation into the Covenant.

I believe alot of Elites we're confused the Prophets weren't offering humanity membership in the Covenant. 

After the Grunt Rebellion, and how the Ungoy we're able to hold their own with sheer fercoity and determination, the Elites, impressed, decided to give them proper training, actual weapons, and better rights.

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Speaking of which, after reading Contact Harvest did anyone else wonder what kind of universe Halo would have been had the old Hierarchs maintained their position and tried to assimilate Humanity into the Covenant instead of wipe them out?

They had fucking Tartarus’ clan involved in the first contact and early interactions. That shit was doomed from the start. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Speaking of Contact Harvest, one of my favorite little details to come out of that book was the revelation that Brute Choppers were designed after modified human tractors that they stole on that planet. Explains why they’re the only Covenant vehicle to use wheels, and why it has a much more human aesthetic than all the rest.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of Contact Harvest, one of my favorite little details to come out of that book was the revelation that Brute Choppers were designed after modified human tractors that they stole on that planet. Explains why they’re the only Covenant vehicle to use wheels, and why it has a much more human aesthetic than all the rest.

What

:rofl: I almost made a suuuper racist remark against myself that the kkk would be proud of.

Aaanyway that’s hilarious.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

What

:rofl: I almost made a suuuper racist remark against myself that the kkk would be proud of.

Aaanyway that’s hilarious.

It blew my mind. XD It’s been years since I read it, but I think I recall the first one literally just being a tractor that one of the brutes (Tartarus, maybe?) basically squeezed into and slapped his spike gun onto the side of.

5 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't want the Mora emoticon? Also want to note that :decanus: is custom made.

Damn Witch, I never knew you had any artistic talent before we can here and then all the sudden you just start drawing all this cool shit. Both those emotes look really good

• Like 2