Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The main villain is apparently a fallen Order 66 survivor (he mentions knowing Anakin too). 

The design goes so hard. 

480b00fc_o.png.c47fbb2a312add472c472d0f1575598c.png 

This was the actor's last role before he passed away a couple months ago too. 

Another one of the ten thousand Jedi survivors of order-

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s Titus Pullo bro!

Nevermind he gets a pass ;-;

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nevermind he gets a pass ;-;

Ray Stevenson’s death is going to make it really hard to stomach watching what we all know is going to happen by the end of this show.

The villain is played by a grizzled old symbol of masculinity. The heroes are an all-girl team of strong female woman ladies. It’s Disney. Do the math.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ray Stevenson’s death is going to make it really hard to stomach watching what we all know is going to happen by the end of this show.

The villain is played by a grizzled old symbol of masculinity. The heroes are an all-girl team of strong female woman ladies. It’s Disney. Do the math.

His apprentice is an ax crazy psycho Jedi girl who looks pretty cool too XD

He looks very dignified in the trailers. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He looks very dignified in the trailers. 

So did Han, Luke, and Kenobi. XD

Granted, as the villain I do think he’ll do a little better than those guys since it won’t be a very compelling story if he can’t even pose a threat.

But by the end I’m dreading he’ll get taken down by a Clone Wars version of this:

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

So did Han, Luke, and Kenobi. XD

Granted, as the villain I do think he’ll do a little better than those guys since it won’t be a very compelling story if he can’t even pose a threat.

But by the end I’m dreading he’ll get taken down by a Clone Wars version of this:

It's more like Rebels but I get the point. XD

I personally think (going by the trailer) it'll be a one on one Samurai duel with Ahsoka. And considering shes someone who held her own against Vader its a pretty acceptable end.

I'm trying be postive cause I really like his design XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

After. It's something of a new Canon remake of the EU story Heirs to the Empire. 

Damn, I forgot about that. Yeah… I really don’t like that. :( 

Not saying it can’t be good, but the premise already has me way against it. Just another thing to take from the OT heroes and give to the new ones.

Hope they’ve got a good explanation for why Luke and Leia aren’t the ones dealing with this like they were originally written to. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Damn, I forgot about that. Yeah… I really don’t like that. :( 

Not saying it can’t be good, but the premise already has me way against it. Just another thing to take from the OT heroes and give to the new ones.

Hope they’ve got a good explanation for why Luke and Leia aren’t the ones dealing with this like they were originally written to. 

The main thing connecting it to Heirs of the Empire is focus on Thrawn building up a successor state from the remnants of the Empire. The New Republic is actually involved this time so hopefully Luke's is too. 

Mind you maybe Luke is too busy abusing his nephew XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The main thing connecting it to Heirs of the Empire is focus on Thrawn building up a successor state from the remnants of the Empire. The New Republic is actually involved this time so hopefully Luke's is too. 

Mind you maybe Luke is too busy abusing his nephew XD

Yeah, the Thrawn trilogy is actually good. I understand they don’t have the actors to adapt it, but damnit, they should’ve just done an animation and made Luke the main protagonist. Thrawn being an intellectual opponent that he doesn’t know how to beat after overcoming his physical and spiritual opponents in the OT was such a cool dynamic 

And with Leia and Mara Jade as major characters, Disney would have gotten their badass ladies quota in as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, the Thrawn trilogy is actually good. I understand they don’t have the actors to adapt it, but damnit, they should’ve just done an animation and made Luke the main protagonist. Thrawn being an intellectual opponent that he doesn’t know how to beat after overcoming his physical and spiritual opponents in the OT was such a cool dynamic 

And with Leia and Mara Jade as major characters, Disney would have gotten their badass ladies quota in as well. 

You know my thoughts on Mara but Carrie Fisher's passing will always leave a hole on anything set in that Era.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think she's almost as fanficy and dumb as some of the stuff in the Disney Canon XD

Just a reminder that this is the Ahsoka show we’re talking about here. XD The character who the writer invented time travel just to bring back to life because she was his favorite.

But what about Mara Jade did you find dumb? I thought that Luke’s wife being someone who originally wanted to kill him was one of the most the fitting ways you could possibly spin a love story into his arc. It goes so well with his development in the OT, and I found her being drawn to the Light by him really endearing.

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just a reminder that this is the Ahsoka show we’re talking about here. XD The character who the writer invented time travel just to bring back to life because she was his favorite.

But what about Mara Jade did you find dumb? I thought that Luke’s wife being someone who originally wanted to kill him was one of the most the fitting ways you could possibly spin a love story into his arc. It goes so well with his development in the OT, and I found her being drawn to the Light by him really endearing.

I find that fact she's a OC Sith Assassin who wears spandex, is secretly the Emperors left-hand, had a dumb romance subplot with the main hero of the series and she reminds me of Coldsteel the Hedgehog unappealing XD Everything about her character is over the top and screams 90's Sci Fi EU fetish fuel. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I find that fact she's a OC Sith Assassin who wears spandex, is secretly the Emperors left-hand, had a dumb romance subplot with the main hero of the series and she reminds me of Coldsteel the Hedgehog unappealing

Fair enough, though I feel like the spirit of your complaint here almost completely applies to Ahsoka as well, but you have the opposite opinion of her.

She’s an OC "Gray Jedi" who wears a mini skirt, is secretly Anakin’s apprentice, and had a dumb time travel subplot with the main villain of the series.

It's the final battle. Former Jedi Pullo Titus is bloodied, but still standing. He's nevertheless outnumbered and moments away from a final blow struck by Ashoka.

Then out of the crowed of new republic soldiers, former stormtrooper commander Vorenus Lucius flies in on a jetpack.

"Thirteeeeeeeen!"

They then defeat Ashoka and the new republic soldiers through the power of friendship

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hear me out, if they're gonna keep bringing in dime a dozen fallen Jedi survivors of Order 66. They need to get Willem Dafoe to channel his lighthouse keeper.

Dafoe only ever improves things with his presence, so it might be fun to watch at least. XD 

Order 66 has been watered down quite a bit by now, though, you’re right. I’m not a fan how Luke is no longer the last Jedi by the end of the OT, but now we’ve got Ahsoka, Ezra, that dude from the games, a whole bunch of Inquisitors, and probably more.

What I really want is an R-rated low-stakes grimdark swan song revolving around a grizzled old Jar Jar haunted by his decision to support Palpatine. And it’s just called "Binks: A Star Wars Story".

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What I really want is an R-rated low-stakes grimdark swan song revolving around a grizzled old Jar Jar haunted by his decision to support Palpatine. And it’s just called "Binks: A Star Wars Story"

You joke with that, but as much as George Lucas tried to cover it up, there's still evidence that Jar-Jar was absolutely manipulating shit. It's just he went 1000% overboard on the "hiding in plain sight" thing.

The sinister Jar-Jar shit is actually really reminiscent of a character from the Foundation Series, called The Mule. Albeit the Mule was far scarier than Jar-Jar, and hid in plain sight under the disguise of a court jester, accompanying the protagonists as they searched for crucial, hidden information.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Dafoe only ever improves things with his presence, so it might be fun to watch at least. XD 

Order 66 has been watered down quite a bit by now, though, you’re right. I’m not a fan how Luke is no longer the last Jedi by the end of the OT, but now we’ve got Ahsoka, Ezra, that dude from the games, a whole bunch of Inquisitors, and probably more.

I'd be fine with Jedi who were already on the farthest fringes of the galaxy by the time Order 66 happened surviving initially. But even they'd be hunted down within the first year or two.

It becomes absolutely ridiculous having Jedi at the very heart of the Republic surviving the initial purge, at best only the most distant hermits and dissidents like pre-sith Dooku should have escaped. And that number shouldn't be more than one or two.

32 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'd be fine with Jedi who were already on the farthest fringes of the galaxy by the time Order 66 happened surviving initially. But even they'd be hunted down within the first year or two.

It becomes absolutely ridiculous having Jedi at the very heart of the Republic surviving the initial purge, at best only the most distant hermits and dissidents like pre-sith Dooku should have escaped. And that number shouldn't be more than one or two.

My issues are less that people survived the initial purge. The temple should’ve been a complete massacre, but out of like 10,000 super powered monks, I imagine that quite a few would have been able to get away.

My bigger problem is with how many of the survivors just kind of… kept surviving. They should’ve been hunted to extinction long before the time of the OT.

45 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You joke with that, but as much as George Lucas tried to cover it up, there's still evidence that Jar-Jar was absolutely manipulating shit. It's just he went 1000% overboard on the "hiding in plain sight" thing.

I wouldn’t role with that as canon for my Jar-Jar movie. I’d make it more like the Star Wars "Logan". Where he’s a rough, bearded old gungan who is haunted by his past.

Have the first few episodes revolve around how he got showered with rewards and privileges by the Empire for being its first and biggest proponent, but over time he realizes what they did and comes to hate himself for it, becoming a drunk who squanders his wealth.

Then the Empire falls and the New Republic forms, and Jar-Jar faces persecution for his former allegiances and ends up fleeing to the outer rim. His journey would involve moving on from his past and finding purpose and fulfillment in something new. An uplifting redemption story of bombad proportions. 

Opening scene is a slow-pan shot of a penthouse in Corescant that’s on fire and full of corpses. A pair of bounty hunters step out onto the landing pad with a gungan-sized carbonite slab floating between them.

Camera zooms in on an aging Jar-Jar’s face, fixed in a permanent state of shock within the carbonite.

Narration in Jar-Jar’s voice:  "Yousa probably wondering how I got in thisa doodoo…"

• Haha 1