Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #5

What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

I just beat the game and good god with absolute certainty the final boss (at least the ending I chose, which has the hardest version of the ending) is the hardest boss Fromsoft has ever made.

At this point in time I'd like to consider myself damn skilled at Dark Souls and slightly above average in Bloodborne, but by god did I have my ass handed to me time and time again for the better part of an hour and thirty.

Of course he's an old man :rofl:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/04/11/sekiro-sales/

Sekiro sold 2 million copies in a week and is on track to be the best selling FROM game ever. All the while being a completely single player experience with no microtransactions, and being very challenging. Maybe this will be a sign to publishers these kinds of games can still make bank without money whoring and compromising the games tenants?

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 2:14 AM, Daddy Solaire said:

He straight up looks like some one who doesn't know how hair dye and complexion works fucked Keanu reeves with a little bit of weeb throw in. Plus the old outfit is better. IMO

*Just saw this now.*

From the historical context of what we know about Shinobis, they were not the Western stereotypes in media...but they almost always wore black or deep blue colored (which was the preferred) equipment to help them blend in the shadows if they were doing there traditional line of work, as they were almost always active during the night.  Sekiro's orange Hattori makes sense in the context he's acting as a bodyguard to Kuro, and that indeed they often wore actual armor. but he shouldn't be wearing it after the intro since he's now in deep enemy held territory, going on a solo infiltration. Orange colors are ill suited for blending in.  But then again, you don't have to play it stealthy if you don't want to.

ddf308372f2a14ffdd6766541e060245-compres

Furthermore, whilst Samurai were expressively forced to have a very strictly controlled "hige" (beard or mustache)  Shinobi (specifically Wolf in this case) were a bunch of smelly peasants, that would have grown their hair long keeping it wild, and have super shaggy  beards.  Hence the beard is not weeby, but period accurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Just saw this now.*

From the historical context of what we know about Shinobis, they were not the Western stereotypes in media...but they almost always wore black or deep blue colored (which was the preferred) equipment to help them blend in the shadows if they were doing there traditional line of work, as they were almost always active during the night.  Sekiro's orange Hattori makes sense in the context he's acting as a bodyguard to Kuro, and that indeed they often wore actual armor. but he shouldn't be wearing it after the intro since he's now in deep enemy held territory, going on a solo infiltration. Orange colors are ill suited for blending in.  But then again, you don't have to play it stealthy if you don't want to.

ddf308372f2a14ffdd6766541e060245-compres

Furthermore, whilst Samurai were expressively forced to have a very strictly controlled "hige" (beard or mustache)  Shinobi (specifically Wolf in this case) were a bunch of smelly peasants, that would have grown their hair long keeping it wild, and have super shaggy  beards.  Hence the beard is not weeby, but period accurate. 

>Mentions period accuracy.

>Using later Japanese theater for shinobi black clothing.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

>Mentions period accuracy.

>Using later Japanese theater for shinobi black clothing.

Just gonna point out that later Japanese theater were sticklers for historical accuracy of their warriors’ depiction.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Just gonna point out that later Japanese theater were sticklers for historical accuracy of their warriors’ depiction.

If sabotage and subterfuge were primary goals you'd think they'd seek to blend in and not attract attention from wearing distinctive black clothing.