Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #5

What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

That dragonrot thing sounds very annoying tbh.

It's like its punishing you for learning the game the very way we always have, through lots of dying, and trial and error.

Kinda sours things if when you finally git gud, you're still reminded of your suck afterwards with a system like that.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

It's like its punishing you for learning the game the very way we always have, through lots of dying, and trial and error.

Kinda sours things if when you finally git gud, you're still reminded of your suck afterwards with a system like that.

Exactly my thoughts, when I quit to main menu I consider it a death and a failure without having to advance the decay.

I was hoping that the more times you died that Dragonrot would somehow warp the enemies into terrifying versions and make things harder, not kill off NPCs.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Exactly my thoughts, when I quit to main menu I consider it a death and a failure without having to advance the decay.

I was hoping that the more times you died that Dragonrot would somehow warp the enemies into terrifying versions and make things harder, not kill off NPCs.

NPC's can't die.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sekiro pays for his curse.  It's similar to a system for Demon Souls. 

There was one rage inducing boss I just defeated, of course I threw all sorts of salt out in the PM (With Balrog since I don't need to worry about spoiling y'all) but afterwards yep this fight is one of the most challenging thus far.

Behold Asian Gwyn.

In all seriousness this fight kinda reminded me of the Looking Glass Knight in ds2

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well I definitely like a challenge so I’ll just consider my first playthrough the one where everyone’s likely gonna be sick as fuck lol and get over it

Spoilers but obvious spoilers.

You can reverse the symptoms of dragonrot fairly early on, after a certain point in the rot if you progress a certain early quest you get one free reverse. But it will come back if you start dying again.

@ColonelKillaBee By the way when you start playing don't use any Divine Confetti when you get it, that's a very limited item that makes certain fights (nearly) impossible without because of the one or two damage you do to them without it. Doesn't help until a certain point you have very limited and can only get more by farming for hours.

Edit: Without it, against certain bosses you do 80% less damage.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Thanks 1

Also be warned, if you thought Frenzy was bad in Bloodborne you'll love Terror. It functions like cursed from Ds1/3 on crack.

It will instantly kill you and most things that give you terror will proc it in two hits, certain enemies even have ranged versions. So save up on pacifying agent, which thankfully is more common than Divine Confetti.

I'm in mid-game and having only used it twice, I have a total of fifteen.

Apparently there's alot of rumors around now, that From's next Dark Fantasy title is being developed right now by the B team (the ones who did 2 and 3)  (the one they said that was going to be much more like Dank Souls)...and that's it's being published by Namco (which means it could be Dark Souls 4 (NOOOOOOOOO) )

And it's being written by George R. R Martin. The leak is from a reliable source (as in their right half the time), and is being correlated by multiple people. Couldn't imagine what Dark Souls 4 written by Martin would be like. Maybe alot of incest. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

GRRM has said he’s not taking on more projects until his next book is done, so I kinda doubt he’d get into something as big as writing a full game. This sounds like a troll.

Maybe it was me XD 

Not this time for me 

XD

A majority of From's project's have been leaked on 4chan. Project Beast (BB), Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 were all leaked beforehand on /v/. Funny to watch the meltdown

.Maybe he wants to do anything to delay writing the book :rofl: