Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #28

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Didn't Make it in the other Polls Edition

• Corio Adorin
    • Endar Drenim
    • Stalks-Deep-Waters
    • Jadaka Cliff-Hanger
    • Suri Falani
    • Magalos of the Hundred Tongues
    • Aenar Fleet-Foot
    • Nahfalhaan
    • Goblin Tim

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Glorfindel is my favorite. Dude defeated a Balrog. 

Feanor died fighting four of them if I recall XD He leeroy'd Jenkins a fucking squad of Balrogs and thousands of Orcs. Guy was a mad bastard. 

But Glorfindel is indeed awesome. One of the greatest flaws of the movies was cutting him. He made the fucking Nazgul run away from him cause they were scared shitless of him XD

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which is weird because the Witch King didn’t seem afraid to take on Gandalf in the third book. 

I've heard people say being so close to Mordor and his master gave him a power boost. There's also the fact Gandalf is super limited in what power he can use. 

I need to reread it. Apparently they didn’t flee from him. He just used magic to sweep them away in the river similar to Arwen in the movies, except he had help.  

Really? Haven't got there yet. I was remembering it wrong too, lol. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Of all Bakshi's failings in the old movie, he did have Frodo outride the Ringwraiths himself. Even managing to resist the Witch King for a moment.

That's something I wish we saw more of in the newer films, the Witch King actually using some magics.

Eh I like how as Sauron's servant, he can only use parlor tricks in comparison. His "sorcery", so to speak, is sap the courage of Man around him.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Eh I like how as Sauron's servant, he can only use parlor tricks in comparison. His "sorcery", so to speak, is sap the courage of Man around him.

I think it was more a matter of Peter Jackson preferring to not make the magic very flashy, which I can appreciate. He’s definitely intended to be a powerful sorcerer in the movies considering how he straight up stunted on Gandalf the White. I doubt Tolkien’s Witch King could have done that.

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Book Witch-King also looked far more terrifying. While never properly depicted in media... Shudders 

he wore no helmet mask thing, instead all anyone could see of his face was two burning eyes aflame and his crown. Badass in theory but never translated well.

That's only at the end though, right? Before that, he usually looked like a dark rider to everyone who saw him, same as in the movies.

I do remember his described appearance at the end making him feel a lot more like this sort of immortal incorporeal wraith, though.

That's only at the end though, right? Before that, he usually looked like a dark rider to everyone who saw him, same as in the movies.

I do remember his described appearance at the end making him feel a lot more like this sort of immortal incorporeal wraith, though.

I'd think so. Probably wore his 'Kingly' attire in the third book compared to cloaking himself as a black rider.