Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: 

Dark Souls: Rugrats Edition is next

DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS! XD

Miyisaki however, is the CEO of Fromsoft, so I trust he won't butcher his lifes work in an attempt to get children into a rated M game....

It just fucking boggles my mind their trying to get KIDS into a setting we're the fucking Nazis are the "good guys" fucking insanity.

maxresdefault.jpg

I could see it working. At least for 40k, if the stories are propaganda for imperial children. Though I don’t think so. Such a book would have as a message to be intolerant towards aliens, mutants and the like. Something that would never fly with today’s audience.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

4 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I could see it working. At least for 40k, if the stories are propaganda for imperial children. Though I don’t think so. Such a book would have as a message to be intolerant towards aliens, mutants and the like. Something that would never fly with today’s audience.

"Pure the heretic. Burn the Unclean. Destroy the Xenos,." Not a very positive message to send to little children...

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"Pure the heretic. Burn the Unclean. Destroy the Xenos,." Not a very positive message to send to little children...

Dude I’ve seen worse from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Disney in general really.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Depends on the culture. I’m sure it’s considered a very positive and appropriate message in the Imperium at large. :P 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dude I’ve seen worse from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Disney in general really.

That's just a generalisation. There's a lot of messed up shit in the Warhammer universe, it invented the term "Grimdark" (it used to be self aware, no longer) 

Shit like tens of millions of soldiers being "acceptable loses", vivid description of torture, a Goddess (or God we dont know...) of sexual depravity, the good guys being nazis and exterminating entire populations of people and aliens for the "greater good" and more. It's not a universe for children...

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

On the real, rugrats went hard. Angelica would beat the piss out of Gwyn.

Angelica was the most annoying character in the show XD You can't be a bigger loser then someone who constantly lost to some fucking babies.... 

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's just a generalisation. There's a lot of messed up shit in the Warhammer universe, it invented the term "Grimdark" (it used to be self aware, no longer) 

Shit like tens of millions of soldiers being "acceptable loses", vivid description of torture, a Goddess (or God we dont know...) of sexual depravity, the good guys being nazis and exterminating entire populations of people and aliens for the "greater good" and more. It's not a universe for children...

At least it's not as bad as what they've already done to the fantasy version. While I only have a passing knowledge of it, the whole Age of Sigmar seems only to be cheap space marine copies fighting buffed up Khorne followers. 

And why is it always Khorne? Why aren't there any good Tzeentch followers? Though I guess writing a character that follows the god of knowledge and scheming would require you to write a smart character. And we've seen in GoT what happens when some people try to write characters that are smarter than themselves. 

Since Fallout 4 was mentioned, this teaser was released today. It’s a mod for Fallout 4. Don’t know how good it’ll be, but it looks right, with the plants being alive and not all killed and irradiated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Since Fallout 4 was mentioned, this teaser was released today. It’s a mod for Fallout 4. Don’t know how good it’ll be, but it looks right, with the plants being alive and not all killed and irradiated. 

It says in the description it's around Seattle. But it also shows a settlement with NCR flags. Isn't that a little too far north for NCR to be? 

7 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It says in the description it's around Seattle. But it also shows a settlement with NCR flags. Isn't that a little too far north for NCR to be? 

It is currently, but it’s a mod so it could be set in 2300 for all we know. And from the other pictures I didn’t get the impression that the NCR has as strong a presence as they do around Vegas. It could just be an outpost or some early attempt to explore or expand into the region.

I’m not into the big non-lore friendly mods, myself. But it still looks neat. The fact that they only showed landscapes and no characters or items has me thinking they’ve still got a long way to go. It’s mostly still just Fallout 4 but greener. The flags were nice, though.

20 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I think an outpost would work. The NCR actually getting their shit together and managing to expand successfully to me sounds like unrealistic wish fulfilment. 

Agreed. At least in the near future. Though I think it’s possible if we timeskip far enough. Several endings to New Vegas give optimistic hints for the NCR’s future, as do certain actions we can take in the game. Without new games bringing in elements to make sure it doesn’t happen (which is what I expect we’ll get if the West gets revisited at all), I think the NCR is just as likely to rule the whole U.S. in 300 years as they are to collapse and die.

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Personally I'd like for NCR to stick around. But not come to dominate. I'd also like for the Legion to survive and remain a powerful rival of the NCR. 

Same here. I don’t want or expect them to take over the whole continent in the series. But I do think that they could and likely would if no new elements were introduced, like in New Vegas. Before that game, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion in the fandom that the NCR would one day control everything (even if it took a couple hundred years). Then New Vegas gave us the Legion, and the NCR’s resource struggles and struggling economy. Stuff like that.

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I was wondering why I couldn't see any summon signs, then I remembered Im over leveled. Fuck.

I’ve never done this and I doubt it will work, but maybe try going to Mamma Rebirth, doing a respec, and seeing if you can hold onto five of those points instead of spending them? That’s all I’ve got.