Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #9

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

From what I remember it's dark and edgy batman

So Batman? XD 

Lol, every iteration that’s not played by Adam West is edgy. Even the cartoon. The guy goes out at night dressed in black to avenge his dead parents by beating up bad guys.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One thing I remember about the Thor series is how silly the depiction of the Aesir are. Like Odin being a peaceful ruler?! What get that shit outta here.

That Odin stuff is in-universe propaganda, actually. Gotta watch all the movies to get the full story.

Not that you should take these as depictions of Norse mythology. They’re taking characters from super hero comic books where the Norse gods are actually aliens. It ain’t meant to be some accurate depiction of a Skaldic poem or something. On that note, I’d love to see a movie that actually is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That Odin stuff is in-universe propaganda, actually. Gotta watch all the movies to get the full story.

Not that you should take these as depictions of Norse mythology. They’re taking characters from super hero comic books where the Norse gods are actually aliens. It ain’t meant to be some accurate depiction of a Skaldic poem or something. On that note, I’d love to see a movie that actually is. 

:rofl:

They're aliens?! Aaaaah! That's too funny.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

:rofl:

They're aliens?! Aaaaah! That's too funny.

I don't see why that's funny, it's a very real theory that human religions are based off of alien visitors from the past. 

I know it's treated as a joke by most people, because of that corny ass show on history channel, and the likelihood of an advanced civilization actually having visited us is ridiculously small, etc etc, but it's a popular enough theory and we have enough mysteries we can't explain that at least in the land of fiction, it shouldn't be something considered funny when used.

Stargate SG-1 did the same thing with Egyptian gods. An alien parasitic race that possesses humanoids pose as gods and rule over human worlds. Ra, Anubis, Apophis, etc. And that's where the egyptians got their gods. Their pyramids were modeled after their ships. Pretty cool actually.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don't see why that's funny, it's a very real theory that human religions are based off of alien visitors from the past. 

I know it's treated as a joke by most people, because of that corny ass show on history channel, and the likelihood of an advanced civilization actually having visited us is ridiculously small, etc etc, but it's a popular enough theory and we have enough mysteries we can't explain that at least in the land of fiction, it shouldn't be something considered funny when used.

Stargate SG-1 did the same thing with Egyptian gods. An alien parasitic race that possesses humanoids pose as gods and rule over human worlds. Ra, Anubis, Apophis, etc. And that's where the egyptians got their gods. Their pyramids were modeled after their ships. Pretty cool actually.

It's not the concept itself I found hilarious, it's knowing what they look like in those movies and act. I'm just comparing ruthless war-god Odin to marvel's alien one. It's cracking me up.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

On another note, Hela was fucking hot XD A coworker of mine gave me shit for saying that because the actress, lord of the rings chick, is like almost 60. What can I say, goth makeup does the body good.

She’s almost 60?! Damn, they did make her look good. Hated the weird helmet though.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

LOL be glad that Thor in Marvel at least still looks like a Viking. Here's what Thor looks like in Stargate:

Image result for thor stargate

Oh wait, that's not right, that was just a hologram projection for the people they guarded over. Here's what Thor actually looked like:

Say hello to the true Asgards ladies n gentlemen XD 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

LOL be glad that Thor in Marvel at least still looks like a Viking. Here's what Thor looks like in Stargate:

Oh wait, that's not right, that was just a hologram projection for the people they guarded over. Here's what Thor actually looked like:

Say hello to the true Asgards ladies n gentlemen XD 

468241878_Plzdont.PNG.372f2da071861b437ef957e7ddfc39a0.PNG

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's not the concept itself I found hilarious, it's knowing what they look like in those movies and act. I'm just comparing ruthless war-god Odin to marvel's alien one. It's cracking me up.

Then don't, lol. The Odin we see is after ruthless wargod Odin already conquered the nine realms. After you've become top dog, there's not much reason to be ruthless and douchey.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Like I said, you gotta watch the movies before you can know what Marvel’s Odin is. Especially since it turns out that he was literally a ruthless war god who rewrote history after his conquests to paint himself as kind and benevolent.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like I said, you gotta watch the movies before you can know what Marvel’s Odin is. Especially since it turns out that he was literally a ruthless war god who rewrote history after his conquests to paint himself as kind and benevolent.

That's...actually kinda cool.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I got a good fight question.

Baldur vs Milkdragon.

I mean, Baldur's got an advantage over others in that he can withstand fire but, it is a dragon... And as I showed in his entry, he's got other shouts. In fact, I don't know if anyone noticed but Nafaalilargus even sensed Baldur's thu'um resonating from him and could tell Yol Toor Shul wouldn't work on him, so he used Strun Bah Qo instead, or was about to, can't remember exactly.

Course, if Cyrus could do it XD I don't think Nahfahlaan would be dumb enough to be caught in a cave now though, he's probably developed claustrophobia now because of him, lol.

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I got a good fight question.

Baldur vs Milkdragon.

I’d give it to the dragon. The strength, mobility, and air advantages are massive and Baldur’s only ranged attack is one that he’d be resistant to and can match. It wouldn’t be hard to just stay out of range and bombard the living shit out of Baldur or anyone else with his thu’um.

The only modern humans I think would stand a decent chance 1v1ing a dragon are upper level mages, but even then I’d rather bet my money on the dragon.