Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #25

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Milk-Drinker Edition

• Empress Dales Motierre
    • General Gracchus Ceno
    • Countess Magdela Bathory
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • Titus Scipio
    • Aetius Aquilarios
    • Yornar the Witch-King
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Avitus Agrippa

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@the Psijic thing

Do we know for certain if it sank them all? It is also possible that the storm made many of the ships lose their course and ultimately scattered the fleet. That on its own would likely be enough to do the trick nicely. You’d get a lot of ships lost at sea or beaching alone in unfamiliar areas, and then those that do arrive in the general area they were aiming for would be weakened, demoralized, and disjointed enough for the Altmer to defeat them easily.

If the Psijics were literally sinking all the ships then yeah, that was probably a hurricane. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case, since we know the Maormer are known to create hurricanes themselves. The Psijics likely hit them with something far greater than what their own spells can do.

The way its described, they couldn't hope to recover their forces again for another strike. To me that sounds more devastating than a scattered fleet.

I can see the psijics doing it. The weather conditions there are already favorable, they'd just have to have their magic nudge it in the right spirally direction.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Alright boys time to invade Summerset, lets send in the foreigners in first.
Roscrea has left the chat.

Luckily the psijics are on our side :P And if they did create a hurricane, it'd really only cut off reinforcements from summerset isles or keep them from harassing the coastlines. Would be detrimental imo.

Making a hurricane at sea while defending Summerset solely is different. Perhaps they could create smaller scale storms though, especially if the war tips in the humans favor and they really start skating near Alinor's edge.

Acts of desperation at war of the magical sort are plentiful.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Luckily the psijics are on our side :P And if they did create a hurricane, it'd really only cut off reinforcements from summerset isles or keep them from harassing the coastlines. Would be detrimental imo.

Making a hurricane at sea while defending Summerset solely is different. Perhaps they could create smaller scale storms though, especially if the war tips in the humans favor and they really start skating near Alinor's edge.

Acts of desperation at war of the magical sort are plentiful.

psst, water spouts. They have the potential to be dangerous to modern ships, I imagine longships could be torn apart by the stronger ones.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

The way its described, they couldn't hope to recover their forces again for another strike. To me that sounds more devastating than a scattered fleet.

I can see the psijics doing it. The weather conditions there are already favorable, they'd just have to have their magic nudge it in the right spirally direction.

A scattered fleet would also have that effect. Not so much in modern times with satellites and better communication, but in their world, a storm could easily lead to the ships being scattered across hundreds of miles and that’s an easy game-over for a 100% sea-based invasion force. Not that I disagree that the Psijics could pull off a hurricane. If the Maormer can, they certainly can too, seeing as how they beat the Maormer with this exact type of magic. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Luckily the psijics are on our side :P

Not really. XD 

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

psst, water spouts. They have the potential to be dangerous to modern ships, I imagine longships could be torn apart by the stronger ones.

Magical or natural? Unless there is a really bad storm, I don’t imagine there will be enough water spouts to seriously damage the human fleet (now I kinda hope there is a really bad storm, though XD). 

And I don’t think we have any examples of the Altmer using storm magic on the scale of the Maormer or Psijics. Though having dealt with the sea elves for years, I imagine they’ve probably got some mages who have studied it. Like Colonel said, I bet it’s something that would be more likely to show up near the Summerset Isles and not regularly when facing their navy.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Nah I mean magically forming one. Water spouts can pretty much happen anywhere (minus the extremes) on earth's large bodies of water. I imagine it would be much less magically taxing and of a lower skill to create one/create the conditions for one. 

In that case I imagine that’s the kind of thing you’d be more likely to encounter near their homeland. But if you manage to get that close, you can probably expect much crazier defensive magic than that. ;) 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Didn’t even think about dragons and clear sky. I guess if Nahfahlaar is around at the time and can use that particular shout, he will be a hard counter to any storm magic that gets thrown out. 

The Altmer can just easily counter by logging on to tumblr and complaining about how racist Nahfahlaar is, countering their ancient cultural magic, the bigot.