Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In fact Doc I think prefers to do it after the MQ

Definitely. Blood and Wine is basically a must-play after the MQ. It’s set years later and is too perfect a note to end on.

Hearts of Stone works either way, but there is a cool potential reward you can get with one of the endings if you do it before a certain stage in the MQ. Unfortunately, doing it before that stage will make you severely underleveled and some of the enemies will be pain in the ass damage sponges that kill you in a couple hits, so that particular ending is really hard to get. 

1 hour ago, Daddy Solaire said:

Any tips? Farthest I got on console was 2nd act doing that quest with the lady that was making portals.

Don’t forget your alchemy. By the time you have leveled it and upgraded your best recipes, potions and decoctions are extremely useful. And are basically essential if/when you switch to Nightmare difficulty for NG+ like any self respecting witcher. :P 

Don’t stress too much over which stats you pick. Skill point respecs are cheap and available fairly early.

Do the Witcher gear treasure hunts. 99% of the gear you find is trash compared to what you can craft using the schematics.

But you really don’t need to do all that unless you’re on the hardest difficulty lol, it’s kinda overkill otherwise. 

And that’s the real reason to play on the hardest difficulty, it’s much more immersive as a Witcher, because it’s the only difficulty that actually requires preparation H

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do the Witcher gear treasure hunts. 99% of the gear you find is trash compared to what you can craft using the schematics.

Ah right so yea, don’t buy any armor n weapons. Complete waste of cash because of this ^

And pick up fuckin everything in houses and camps, etc. 

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I personally like doing it a little before just because I liked to has all my swag and loot before endgame, but that’s me.

To me, BaW is the endgame. Plus it takes place a few years later so it doesn’t make sense before the base game’s MQ. 

I just pretend it doesn’t lol, even though you said they reference the wild hunts end I still don’t recall it so I was unbothered. I also don’t recall in any of my playthroughs them saying it takes place years later and I played through everything three times.

1 minute ago, Daddy Solaire said:

I'll probably switch to controller. I have a wired one I use for stuff like Souls, Forza, etc. Just like using mouse and keyboard when I can and the witch isn't to bad with it just different.

Alrighty, and any tips for finding the crafting supplies at least early on? Especially the stuff for bombs? There was a quest I got stuck on before to clear out a nest and I couldn't because I couldn't find the last ingredient I needed. 

Literally just loot everything, check shops and keep playing. You’ll be missing a looot of shit early on so get comfortable with what you have first. You can pin ingredients you need for things at shops.

My other tip, invest first in combat, then later alchemy, after you get about one or two signs in a comfortable spot. I always Max Axiis first tree, so you can get all the dialogue options from it, and because it’s damn handy in battle, then Quen.

I get the bubble shield upgrade too for early on and sometimes drop it later.

3 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

Also if I play on any harder difficulty it'll be for just that. I love the Witcher, but I don't know much about the lore and it's a game I want to be immersed in. But I don't want to completely RP as a witcher if you get what I mean.

Yea this is t souls. If I didn’t enjoy it I’d down the difficulty. I’m only Adamant people play on the hardest because the game is so easy. It’s like playing Halo on normal. You haven’t really played Halo campaign until you’ve played it on at least heroic. That’s the sweet spot.

This Games sweetspot just hsppens to be Blood March.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I just pretend it doesn’t lol, even though you said they reference the wild hunts end I still don’t recall it so I was unbothered. I also don’t recall in any of my playthroughs them saying it takes place years later and I played through everything three times.

There are letters with the date on them. Can’t remember how long it’s been but it’s something in the ballpark of like 3-7 years.

Besides, why would Geralt drop everything in the extremely sensitive MQ, abandoning his friends etc, to travel hundreds of miles to a different country for a contract?

major ending spoilers, do not read, Sunbro

And then at the end, why would Yen/Triss/Ciri leave all that behind to live with him in that estate, and use dialogue referencing the base game’s ending slides (Yen retiring with him, Triss planning to go to court to north, and Ciri as empress/a witcher) when they should be busy getting ready for major battle with the Wild Hunt?

It doesn’t make any sense.

3 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

Also I guess for the hell out any mod recommends for Skyrim SE

Apocalypse, Ordinator, Thunderchild, and Wild Cat (or a different combat overhaul mod if you don’t like this one). These alone will make the game significantly better. Especially Ordinator. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There are letters with the date on them. Can’t remember how long it’s been but it’s something in the ballpark of like 3-7 years.

Besides, why would Geralt drop everything in the extremely sensitive MQ, abandoning his friends etc, to travel hundreds of miles to a different country for a contract?

major ending spoilers, do not read, Sunbro

Reveal hidden contents

And then at the end, why would Yen/Triss/Ciri leave all that behind to live with him in that estate, and use dialogue referencing the base game’s ending slides (Yen retiring with him, Triss planning to go to court to north, and Ciri as empress/a witcher) when they should be busy getting ready for major battle with the Wild Hunt?

It doesn’t make any sense.

Faaaaailllll XD 

I don’t care lol if you never told me about the date I’d have never noticed.

And I dunno, riches and resources to fund the endeavor. Honestly it’s not that big a deal really, not to me anyway. He gets sidetracked like crazy.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Apocalypse, Ordinator, Thunderchild, and Wild Cat (or a different combat overhaul mod if you don’t like this one). These alone will make the game significantly better. Especially Ordinator. 

To save you time, these four are on my mod list in that link.

If you need tips on heavy modding, I’ve gotten it down pretty damn well and even with that huge list have no CTDS almost. It’ll require you get comfortable with Wrye Bash and LOOT, and cleaning ITM records.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Faaaaailllll XD 

I don’t care lol if you never told me about the date I’d have never noticed.

And I dunno, riches and resources to fund the endeavor. Honestly it’s not that big a deal really, not to me anyway. He gets sidetracked like crazy.

Major spoilers again

Seriously. Don’t read Sunbro

Getting side tracked by some local bounties ain’t exactly in the same ballpark as traveling many hundreds of miles to a faraway country just to hunt a vampire while the Wild Hunt is breathing down your daughter’s neck.

And then Yen or Ciri follows you to retire or talk about being the empress. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Major spoilers again

Hide contents

Seriously. Don’t read Sunbro

Hide contents

Getting side tracked by some local bounties ain’t exactly in the same ballpark as traveling many hundreds of miles to a faraway country just to hunt a vampire while the Wild Hunt is breathing down your daughter’s neck.

And then Yen or Ciri follows you to retire or talk about being the empress. XD 

She’ll be aight 

Shes Ciri :P I have faith in her. Now shut the fuck up and lemme enjoy my wine.

’sides, I usually just get my armor n alchemy stats from that mutation thing then bounce and finish it later

1 minute ago, Daddy Solaire said:

@The Good Doctor Thanks for keeping the spoilers away. This is one of those games I really don't want to be spoiled on. The only thing I have ever looked up was to see if Geralt dies, because I would have been pissed.

The long and short of it is, do what you want. Unless you’re super meticulous about the order of things it’s not a big deal.