Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They even got Azura's voice actress from Skyrim to narrate the trailer. 

It’s neat that they were able to get her on board and all, but hearing her reading the Morrowind lines feels jarring to me. They should’ve added the layer to her voice like in the original game. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

It’s neat that they were able to get her on board and all, but hearing her reading the Morrowind lines feels jarring to me. They should’ve added the layer to her voice like in the original game. 

Work in progress, you could always go onto the reddit or forum and suggest it XD The team is super chill, and listen to feedback (it's one of the reasons they've taken this long) 

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Your cynicism is making me yawn XD

It’s not cynicism, more like... there’s just nothing to be excited about. What’s the point if I can’t have it in my hands to enjoy any time soon? Why should I even care.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Just saw the Good the Bad and the Ugly for the first time. Good movie.

One of my favorites. It’s like a western odyssey but to reach treasure instead of home. XD Love the final standoff, and the music is classic. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

One of my favorites. It’s like a western odyssey but to reach treasure instead of home. XD Love the final standoff, and the music is classic. 

Best part of the Stranger with No Name Trilogy, but I still think it should have been called, "The Asshole, the Bigger Asshole, and the Dickhead" XD. Only good thing Blondie did was comfort that dying soldier if I recall.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Only good thing Blondie did was comfort that dying soldier if I recall.  

He also spared Tuco and let him keep his share of the treasure. Sure, he did in a kind of dickish way, but that guy needed to be taught a lesson. XD 

In the books Dany actually lets Jorah stick his tongue in her mouth while she's naked, and she likes it, though he doesn't get the dragon poon. That was before she learned he was a traitor, of course.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

In the books Dany actually lets Jorah stick his tongue in her mouth while she's naked, and she likes it, though he doesn't get the dragon poon. That was before she learned he was a traitor, of course.

Jorah in the books is also way less attractive and kinda creepy.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sounds like he was about to smash until she learned that then. Ah well, lol.

Nah. She let it happen but she makes it very clear long before learning he betrayed her that she was never into him. The two things don’t even happen in the same book, if I recall correctly. 

7 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Would it be that hard or expensive to copy the armor they got in the games? It looks like they got someone that knows nothing of medieval armor to design the outfits. 

I mean, what is that material even? How does that make sense in any universe let alone medieval?

2 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Just saw the Good the Bad and the Ugly for the first time. Good movie.

Spaghetti westerns are the best. Some inspired by Akira Kurosawa. Great cinema storytelling, Hollywood has nothing on those guys. 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sounds like he was about to smash until she learned that then. Ah well, lol.

She was just horny I guess, but it shows she wasn't completely repulsed by him. Of course later she settled for Daario.

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Man, Dany really is a thot.

Not really. She had Jason Momoa as her one and only, then after she died it was a long dry spell. Tongue kiss from Jorah and one ministration from her maid then I guess she was desperate enough to fall for that ^  Still can't believe the show turned Daario into the most bland nobody ever. They could have at least made him flamboyant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Celan said:

They could have at least made him flamboyant.

I thought he was just about perfect before the recast. Blue and yellow hair probably wouldn't have translated as well to the less vibrant tv show, but this first guy still had an arrogant swagger that made him stand out a lot more than [generic brown haired white guy with a sword #32] who replaced him. He was both more flamboyant and more intimidating.

b1a0149e-2983-4a77-af68-184a47b454b9.jpg

• Like 1

Those Witcher shots look... bad. Henry Cavill looks better, I guess. Who knew he had a bubble butt. 

Ciri looks kind of otherworldly, she's okay I guess. That simply is not Yennefer. This was Sapkowski's choice for Yennefer:

madeleine-stowe-last-of-the-mohicans-9.j

He said that when she was younger, but she still would be better than this chick.

You have the usual suspects out saying Anya Chalotra "embodies" the character. Whatever the fuck that means.

• Like 1

If they’re going off the book descriptions then I think Ciri is the best of the three. Cavill doesn’t look at all unnerving enough as Geralt. He just looks like Superman in a white wig.