What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It always Broken Hit Boxes :/, I guess Ludwig had broken hit boxes, enough you need to summon Nick to do your dirty work

Lol yep Ludwig was too hard for me first time around, but something you always ignore is how easy he is for me now. Never bring that up do ya?

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You're the one coming to us acting all tough just because you beat a single mini boss (that kicked your ass hard enough you just have to say how good your are), and thought you needed to brag about it, while it should be enough in itself is beating a tough enemy and being rewarded for it XD

You seem to think I was bragging, I said that just so you wouldn't tell me to git gud and beat them. Or tell me to git gud and beat them without cheese. I know for a fact you would have said something had I not mentioned that.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

*the dark calls*

Fear not the dark my friend.

9PqT97e.jpg

A conversion with Doc and Colonel made me realize an underplayed aspect that I think elevates Souls games from great to something truly special/unique. It's the survival horror aspects. If you look at it closely, the games have alot in common with the PS2 horror classics of old in terms of actual gameplay and not just lore/monster designs/atmosphere.

Restricted movement that has realistic weight and speed with it. Very limited resources that you have to be careful about (managing your Estrus supply and healing items especially) careful enemy placement (barring Dark Souls 2) Fighting with the Camera (though it's far less of an issue then old Playstation horror games XD) the option to simply run through enemies rather then waste resources on them, monsters/enemies, especially bosses, are merciless and designed to kill the player without pause. Even the level design, being so interconnected and intricate, confusing but with countless amounts of secrets, is very PS2-esque.  The games mechanics help emphasis the horror so much. 

And then you get the actual atmosphere and artistic direction which is always Gothic, and horror.

I think Souls games are the closest we'll get horror RPG's (Bloodborne being a straight up horror game), and honestly, i'm perfectly fine with that XD They would still be great action RPG's, but I think all the horror elements just make them so much better. And I think it's a damn shame they aren't attributed to the horror genre more. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Much as I love European arms, when the Japanese started adopting Portuguese armaments it really got boring. Much as I make fun of weebs I admit the earlier Japanese armors looked awfully nice, looked crazily cool oriental....mongolshadcoolerarmorthough

274a7f2e6d65f4d643cb5383fa5b7896.jpg
Speak for yourself, I think Japanese Matchlocks are gorgeous, especially during the Edo period.  

Sekiro does away with alot of false stereotypes, my favorite one dispelled being that Samurai disliked ranged weapons. Not only did they use bow and arrows alot, they fucking loved guns. LOVED THEM. Their was no "Ranged weapons are a cowards weapon" nonsense that the media eats up. 

Samurai_Snipers.jpg

Infact 16th centuary Japanese firearms were better then their European counterparts. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sekiro does away with alot of false stereotypes, my favorite one dispelled being that Samurai disliked ranged weapons. Not only did they use bow and arrows alot, they fucking loved guns. LOVED THEM. Their was no "Ranged weapons are a cowards weapon" nonsense that the media eats up. 

Samurai_Snipers.jpg

Infact 16th centuary Japanese firearms were better then their European counterparts. 

The only noble in Sekiro to use any ranged weapons (that I can remember) was that one boss with a bow to avoid spoilers.