Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

58 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Alrighty then, how about this.

Would Ubbe the Savage out drink Baldur?

You'll never know because the minute someone pops open the mead, Rebec would smell it and Baldur would let her take it from there.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lady Nerevar finally brought back the whole time flow thing with the different eras back:

http://ladynerevar.tumblr.com/post/171388106535/the-theory-the-further-back-in-time-you-go-the

tumblr_p4qtzhWTux1rml4zno1_1280.jpg

Because I’m trying to distract myself from the last few pages of this final essay...where would you place the fourth era on the upswing?

Regardless, I really like this chart and don’t think I’d actually seen it before. Just read a description. But the implications for the roleplay are really fun to think about, and we’ve already seen a lot of what you would expect from closer divinity playing out. 

• Like 1

Honestly if this chart were "canon" I'd probably say the fourth era will stretch over a few of those previous era points, and we're just a bit under where the second era is on the rise. "Ghosts and visions of the past" that's essentially exactly what the Dragonborn is, a walking talking vision of Skyrim's past, the Nord's past, and Shor himself, fighting Alduin in the heavens and learning shouts by watching and hearing them, just like in Wulfharth's fight with Orkey.

Not to mention the rise of the Aldmeri Dominion, the ebony warrior more than likely being some deity and walking the earth for the honor of fighting you, Miraak himself, the First Dragonborn. Literally the past meeting the present.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This chart's largely responsible for what I wrote with Brund and Baldur, but especially Brund. He's a man haunted and possessed by a past he's not even really aware of. Remnants of a recycled soul within him and the few strands left over resurfacing from the meddling of a witch. Remnants of Hoag Merkiller himself.

Also based this off of Olaf one eye and how he has both a draugr and his soul in sovngarde, and is even aware of the draugr.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'd say that's pretty much what we have already. The guy consumes soul energy to preserve his lifespan and is immortal. Doesn't get more fantastical than that.

There was argument over the ice wraiths, looking back now would that be within his realm of possibilities realistically?

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There was argument over the ice wraiths, looking back now would that be within his realm of possibilities realistically?

You're gonna have to refresh my memory. What about the icewraiths?

I agree, right around the Second Era mark feels right.

And that's just the stuff from the games, much less what we've contributed within the roleplay. Brund like you said, but also the resurgent tongues, 'ghosts' of the past with Naarifin and Yornar, the resurgence of shadow magic, sunbird use, etc. 

Even having just now actually seen the chart, I've been basing some of my stuff on the description of it and the idea that the timeline has been trending toward the more magical/fantastical/divine. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The retconned slaughtering, when Yornar killed the Elder Council off.

The only thing I recall is the using so many powerful spells at once. It'd be one thing to maintain multiple summons (two is supposedly the most we can do in present day but people like mannimarco have done more, and a dragon hinted that mortals mostly are limited to two but that's just us), but it's another to string that together with multiple powerful master spells like illusions as well as conjurations, especially since it all requires a mental capacity.

Now this being TES, it's certainly possible that some godly figure in history can do something like that, but not literally everyone from past eras would be this powerful. Their grasp on magic is for the most part more advanced than ours, and I think Witch has demonstrated that easily without the need of being downright godly. That was my position basically, for the record. Not to bring up an old argument since as was said, it's been retconned.

• Thanks 1