Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dunno, being so afraid of the dark that you turn yourself into a permanent night light sounds like a bitch move to me :whistling:

Lighting yourself on fire to save the world you love knowing your going to burn in eternal agony is courage XD There's a reason why alot of Dark aligned people still respectfully refer to him as "Lord Gywn"

OG mother fucking lord of cinder, represent bitch!

ikyv9x64obm01.jpg

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Mede also fought from the front until he proved himself to be a bitch.

He was such a bitch that the TES legends team had to make an entire new hero and ANOTHER Daedra threat to explain the disconnect between Mede before and after the end of the war.

Mede was definitely a bitch. But I take anything from Legends with a grain of salt. Not only did its shit story make little sense and contradict everything, but it was also done by a team that seemed to not give a crap (stolen art, four legged dragons) and even told us in the game that it could all just be made up. 

That said, I like to think the Mede part wasn’t made up, even if I wouldn’t say it definitively. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It says alot of Gywn's willpower he's able to manfeist himself directly from a being of hundreds of other Souls and make one final last stand as himself for the flame.

Sorry, none of the points you can make, no matter how valid, can stand up to this:

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dunno, being so afraid of the dark that you turn yourself into a permanent night light sounds like a bitch move to me :whistling:

The debate is over. There’s no coming back from that.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

If there's one thing to be said, Gwyn did have the best final area in any Fromsoft game.

The Hunter's Dream, Throne of Want, Dreg Heap/Ds3 Kiln, FinalAreaOfSekiro. They're all great areas but the atmosphere is so good in Ds1's final area. I've yet to see it topped.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

For me that prize has gotta go to either the ashen wasteland where we fight Gael at the end of the world or the beach where we fight the Orphan over the corpse of his mother. 

As much as I loved the true end of the world where we fight Gael, I still gotta give the edge up to Ds1 Kiln. It was a little glimpse of the true end of the world, thousands of years before it came.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If there's one thing to be said, Gwyn did have the best final area in any Fromsoft game.

The Hunter's Dream, Throne of Want, Dreg Heap/Ds3 Kiln, FinalAreaOfSekiro. They're all great areas but the atmosphere is so good in Ds1's final area. I've yet to see it topped.

Gywn's entrance also makes it so special. You trek through endless ash and the last Cohort of Anor Londo, a hallway of every Black Knight who gave there life to protect the flame, and you face the final boss fog of the game you enter...no cutscene...no epic music...no display of power...just unbearably sad music, and Gywn slowly walking towards you before charging one final time. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gywn's entrance also makes it so special. You trek through endless ash and the last Cohort of Anor Londo, a hallway of every Black Knight who gave there life to protect the flame, and you face the final boss fog of the game you enter...no cutscene...no epic music...no display of power...just unbearably sad music, and Gywn slowly walking towards you before charging one final time. 

Also one of the best end fights in the soul series, not counting Gael because that was better in shear epicness and scope.

The first lord, the enlightened scholar and finally the rematch against the remnants of that lord's soul, this time he figured out how to be unparryable.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

For me that prize has gotta go to either the ashen wasteland where we fight Gael at the end of the world or the beach where we fight the Orphan over the corpse of his mother. 

Seconded. Not a final area, but the one reborn had a fantastic setup and buildup

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gherman's boss zone is also fucking amazing. A field of white flowers, under the moonlight, with two people who desperately don't want to fight, but are forced to because they have each other's best interests in mind. 

Or one guy like that, and the other an ugly-ass crackhead-looking beast who is foaming at the mouth for his sweet sweet blood echoes.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Aka Colonel's character XD

Nigga I feel like you don’t know me at all.

First of all, I’m sexy af, and second, I don’t kill him for echoes or even insight. I’m in it for the fashion souls.

That burial blade is mad sexy

40 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gherman's boss zone is also fucking amazing. A field of white flowers, under the moonlight, with two people who desperately don't want to fight, but are forced to because they have each other's best interests in mind. 

It’s nice, I wouldn’t call it amazing. Same for moon presence tbh. I’d rather be transported into the surface of the moon for the final showdown