Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

In other game adaptation news, they’ve released a teaser for the Borderlands movie. The casting looks awful. XD 

Lilith, Tannis, and Moxie are all like 60 years old, and Kevin Hart is playing Roland. 

Kate is way too good for that kind of project XD

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'll give it one thing, it actually looks like alot went into production. But the zaniness of the games do not translate well to live action, so it ends up looking cheap regardless. 

Borderlands wouldn’t be very high on the list of games that I’d want to see a movie or show for, but if it’s gotta be done, I feel like it really would’ve been better served as a really stylized animated series similar to Arcane.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean fuck, Cate BLACHETT?! You have to have alot of money to throw around to get her in a role in a video game adaption. 

And it’s such a bizarre choice given that she’s like twice the character’s age. Why not just spend a tenth as much on someone who actually makes sense for the role? 

HBO greenlit another season of True Detective with the same awful showrunner. :sick:

My BF is having heart surgery on Dune 2 premier day, so not sure when I will get to see it, probably sometime the following week.

I found an old notebook with what I'm sure is something that @ColonelKillaBeeput me up to doing- an attempt to write a rap. Presented without further comment.

This is Radio Celan with the right sounds

Fillin up the mic, I make you bow down

And acknowledge I'm the baddest bitch

They don't teach that shit in college

I'm killin and billin, your account is payable

Try to beat my rhyme but you ain't able

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Celan said:

I found an old notebook with what I'm sure is something that @ColonelKillaBeeput me up to doing- an attempt to write a rap. Presented without further comment.

This is Radio Celan with the right sounds

Fillin up the mic, I make you bow down

And acknowledge I'm the baddest bitch

They don't teach that shit in college

I'm killin and billin, your account is payable

Try to beat my rhyme but you ain't able

:rofl:

I always liked there portrayal in the part one, but I was reading some details in the artbook. Everything from there culture, and design was meant to invoke Norse Berserkers, and Japanese Samurai; combining the former's blood-hungry savagery, and the latter's discipline and martial pride. How we get to see them fuck shit up again.  

FAtYdOzWUAALnaE.jpg

• Like 1