Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I just met him. Not sure about this guy… XD 

His story has surprising depth. I am not normally attracted to posh type men but he's irresistible to me, I don't know why. 

My druid is too good hearted for him. He has the best rejection line ever. "It's not you, it's me. I have standards." Savage. XD 

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Henry Cavill spearheading a passion project for one of his favorite settings is a great sign. Amazon involvement is… less so. If they let him do his thing and if he’s got the right team, then this could be great. Seems oddly rare these days that the people working on these projects are actual fans of them. 

I don't know anything about Warhammer, but I would give this a try just because of Henry's involvement. I hope he gets a decent showrunner this time.

• Like 1

Kind of sad today. First thing I hear when I get up is that a YouTuber that I feel like some of you may have also watched passed away at 27, Mitten Squad. Had been subbed to him from the start, RIP brother. 

https://youtube.com/@MittenSquad?si=q1m_pF8_lZmPgIET

https://molnarfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/21963/Joseph-Wilson/obituary.html

Edited by Elden Clown

In other news though that Insomniac games leak is wild af.

Hyped to see the spider man releases in the coming years and pretty interested to see how they go about Spiderman online if they still are but damn I feel horrible for them.

Not just all of their hard work splayed out without their consent but so much personal stuff down to I-9s and passports. Like, how would you even go about handling having stuff like that leaked online now a days because I'm sure some of that stuff had to have some of their very important documents like SIN. (Canadian studio so get that SSN outta here..it's the same thing pretty much just joking) 

Triple game deal with marvel for X-Men. Not a huge X-Men fan myself but might be interested in the final game when it comes in the 2030s lol. 

Ratchet and clank for possibly 2029. 

Still though as neat as it is to see what's coming I hope the hackers get the same treatment as lizard squad if they are caught, leaking game details is one thing, leaking people's livelihoods is another. 

3 hours ago, Celan said:

I don't know anything about Warhammer, but I would give this a try just because of Henry's involvement. I hope he gets a decent showrunner this time.

Same here. My main interest is in seeing how it turns out when Cavill is given creative freedom over a series he cares about. He had almost none with Witcher, but what little he muscled in ended up being the best parts of the show.

3 hours ago, Celan said:

His story has surprising depth. I am not normally attracted to posh type men but he's irresistible to me, I don't know why. 

My druid is too good hearted for him. He has the best rejection line ever. "It's not you, it's me. I have standards." Savage. XD 

Party wasn’t big enough for two rogues so for me he’s just hanging out back at the camp.

Can’t really say I’ve got much interest in Insomniac these days. Used like some of their games: Spyro, Resistance, some of the older R&Cs, but nowadays they’re mostly just "the Spider-Man company" and that’s just not really my cup of tea.

27 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Not just all of their hard work splayed out without their consent but so much personal stuff down to I-9s and passports.

That’s messed up. Person who did it is gonna be in pretty big trouble if they get caught. Rightly so.

Speaking of trouble, Disney just fired the MCU’s current big bad after he was found guilty of domestic assault. Which, ya know, that’s common enough in Hollywood, but the funny part is his quotes calling himself a "great man" akin to MLK or Barack Obama, and telling his girlfriend she needs to be more like their wives. Quite the ego. XD 

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of trouble, Disney just fired the MCU’s current big bad after he was found guilty of domestic assault. Which, ya know, that’s common enough in Hollywood, but the funny part is his quotes calling himself a "great man" akin to MLK or Barack Obama, and telling his girlfriend she needs to be more like their wives. Quite the ego. XD 

People like that think they're better then their loved ones (and just regular people) at a certain point; like all the money and fame warps them into believing their "superiority" like it's some kind of drug.

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

nowadays they’re mostly just "the Spider-Man company" and that’s just not really my cup of tea.

Understandable, I'm not much into marvel/dc and all that myself but Spider-Man was/is favorite hero growing up as a kid and to this day. 

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s messed up. Person who did it is gonna be in pretty big trouble if they get caught. Rightly so.

Extremely, it's a group of them and they said in response to Sony investigating that it would, "Be better in the backyard." So i'm taking that as they are trying to say some one at Sony helped them or that their investigation is going to be so useless it would be better buried in the backyard.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Party wasn’t big enough for two rogues so for me he’s just hanging out back at the camp.

Understandable. It’s rough having to take 2 druids for Halsin approval bumps, when it isn’t the best class for this game. 

40 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Understandable, I'm not much into marvel/dc and all that myself but Spider-Man was/is favorite hero growing up as a kid and to this day. 

I like Spider-Man too; really enjoyed the old games (especially the sarcastic Bruce Campbell narrator XD). But the new series just never really grabbed me. Not sure why.

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

Understandable. It’s rough having to take 2 druids for Halsin approval bumps, when it isn’t the best class for this game. 

I’ve been told that rogues are weak in this game too, but I haven’t found that to be the case so far. It’s so easy to create sneak attack scenarios during combat, and cunning action gives all sorts of ways to avoid being hit. That’s before even getting the magic from Arcane Trickster.

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like Spider-Man too; really enjoyed the old games (especially the sarcastic Bruce Campbell narrator XD). But the new series just never really grabbed me. Not sure why.

I’ve been told that rogues are weak in this game too, but I haven’t found that to be the case so far. It’s so easy to create sneak attack scenarios during combat, and cunning action gives all sorts of ways to avoid being hit. That’s before even getting the magic from Arcane Trickster.

The problem with rogues becomes more apparent when fighters and barbarians get their extra attacks as they level up. Being able to make multiple attacks in a turn whereas rogues only get one and a couple bonus actions.

The problem with druids is that you’re not as good at anything as other party members except control AoE. That’s just not very fun. It does get better at higher levels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

rogues only get one and a couple bonus actions.

But some of their bonus actions being the equivalent of full actions for other classes makes this extra valuable. A rogue can use one turn to engage, attack, disengage, and create distance without giving up an attack of opportunity. 

Still, makes sense that heavier classes will outpace me in damage before long. I think the difference will be made up by the huge amount of skill proficiencies rogues get. Throw in magic and an Arcane Trickster should be really versatile. Hoping that will be useful outside combat.

Granted, all that aside, I mainly chose this class for RP reasons. :lol: It’s a character I’ve played for years. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

But some of their bonus actions being the equivalent of full actions for other classes makes this extra valuable. A rogue can use one turn to engage, attack, disengage, and create distance without giving up an attack of opportunity. 

Still, makes sense that heavier classes will outpace me in damage before long. I think the difference will be made up by the huge amount of skill proficiencies rogues get. Throw in magic and an Arcane Trickster should be really versatile. Hoping that will be useful outside combat.

Granted, all that aside, I mainly chose this class for RP reasons. :lol: It’s a character I’ve played for years. 

Indeed, same for me with druid. I wish I was a druid irl. XD 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elden Clown said:

Kind of sad today. First thing I hear when I get up is that a YouTuber that I feel like some of you may have also watched passed away at 27, Mitten Squad. Had been subbed to him from the start, RIP brother. 

https://youtube.com/@MittenSquad?si=q1m_pF8_lZmPgIET

https://molnarfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/21963/Joseph-Wilson/obituary.html

I had never heard of him, but sad to see one so young die. He apparently was suffering from alcoholism which gave him pancreatitis? I lived with pancreatitis for a while or so and it is indeed the worst pain I've ever experienced. My surgeon said he didn't know how I was walking around. Mine was from gallstones, not alcoholism.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Celan said:

I had never heard of him, but sad to see one so young die. He apparently was suffering from alcoholism which gave him pancreatitis? I lived with pancreatitis for a while or so and it is indeed the worst pain I've ever experienced. My surgeon said he didn't know how I was walking around. Mine was from gallstones, not alcoholism.

Felt on the gallstones part especially the pain I didn't reach pancreatitis thankfully, only 24 and had my gallbladder taken out last year. Docs said it "looked like aquarium gravel." 
But yeah he had been struggling with severe alcohol addiction off and on for some time now. 

5 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Felt on the gallstones part especially the pain I didn't reach pancreatitis thankfully, only 24 and had my gallbladder taken out last year. Docs said it "looked like aquarium gravel." 
But yeah he had been struggling with severe alcohol addiction off and on for some time now. 

I was in college and kept getting misdiagnosed at the free clinic for stress-related spastic gastritis. The days and nights of continually dry heaving while my guts felt like they were on fire...

Anyway...

The guy who tried to sue the Tolkien Estate and Amazon over Rings of Power because it supposedly stole from his fanfiction story lost his suit and has to pay $134K in legal fees.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Celan said:

The guy who tried to sue the Tolkien Estate and Amazon over Rings of Power because it supposedly stole from his fanfiction story lost his suit and has to pay $134K in legal fees.

Little late to the party on this one. XD :

On 12/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

I was in college and kept getting misdiagnosed at the free clinic for stress-related spastic gastritis. The days and nights of continually dry heaving while my guts felt like they were on fire...

Damn, that's horrible, hope you're doing better with all of it today. But I feel your want to move on from that topic.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I still think the funniest and most ridiculous part of the IGN article isn’t the fanfic guy’s crazy and costly antics. It’s IGN concluding with a reminder that they have Rings of Power a really positive score. XD 

They had to slip that in there. XD 

1 hour ago, Elden Clown said:

Damn, that's horrible, hope you're doing better with all of it today. But I feel your want to move on from that topic.

I had my gallbladder removed and it was like getting my life back. Worth the big scar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1