Soulsborne Thread #10

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ya mine is maxed lol I have no qualms using it in certain situations, tho I usually avoid it with bosses, the fun ones that I know I can beat alone, which has been most of em

I mostly broke him out for repeat bosses who I had beaten before. Especially dragons, tree spirits, and those annoying cat statue things. Usually not for ones I enjoy fighting solo though like Crucible Knights.

I summoned literally everything against Malenia. Not because I wanted to fight her with summons, but because around death #15 I started wanting to watch her murder someone else for a change. So I started letting her fight my roster of Pokemon instead.

Spoiler: She beats them all. XD Thiugh Black Knife Tiche and the Bloodhound Knight (forgetting his name) faired the best. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Invading is off the table, I like my eyes

You don’t need to lose your eyes to invade. Just don’t do it through Varre and the bloody fingers.

Instead, go to Mt. Gelmir, join their band of weirdos, and they’ll give you the ability to invade unlimited without getting the blood eyes. 

You could also do co-op. Killing bosses with other players gives you Rune arcs. Only problem is that you are pretty overleveled for the area you’re in so you may have trouble getting summoned. The next boss you’ll likely be getting summoned for easily is the Fire Giant, and he’s a ways off so you might end up overleveled for him too.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The next boss you’ll likely be getting summoned for easily is the Fire Giant, and he’s a ways off so you might end up overleveled for him too.

In my opinion, that's one boss I'd never summon or be summoned for.

Not for any purist point of view, but because there's several attacks you cannot dodge without Torrent.

And one that's a guaranteed death if you don't have torrent and arent on the opposite side of the arena.

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

In my opinion, that's one boss I'd never summon or be summoned for.

Not for any purist point of view, but because there's several attacks you cannot dodge without Torrent.

And one that's a guaranteed death if you don't have torrent and arent on the opposite side of the arena.

I’ve been summoned to help people against the FG quite a lot and I’m pretty sure you can dodge or block all of his attacks without Torrent. There is one fireball attack in phase 2 that’s tricky, but you’ve just gotta dodge earlier than you normally would. 

Also not a 1 hit kill if you have 60 vigor and some fire resist. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Godfrey Icon only works if you can fully charge an ash of war or spell.

Sadly Chadahn's swords have an unchargeable weapon art.

Meh not worried. Tbh them swords work great against bosses with or without the weapon art, cause the jump attack spam is so cheese lol

Only time that’s not the case is crucible knights. Those dudes are poise gods

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

36 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Meh not worried. Tbh them swords work great against bosses with or without the weapon art, cause the jump attack spam is so cheese lol

Only time that’s not the case is crucible knights. Those dudes are poise gods

I don't even recall if they can be staggered, only stance broken

On 1/13/2023 at 5:32 PM, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve also gotta stay off the grid for a few days so unfortunately no Xbox or Discord or cellphone service for me. Definitely no streaming. Just wifi with VPN. Things should be normal again next week.

Took care of this business. I’m officially available again for this kind of stuff! :D 

Not tonight, but generally speaking. 

• Like 1