Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #24

Cross-RP Team Deathmatch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• The Fallout CS characters, with their melee weapons, one suit of power armor, and four bolt action rifles between them, all high on skooma
    • The TES CS characters, with their melee weapons and no thu'um or AOE magic, all all high on Jet

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hide contents

that upset me the most out of everything. He got to taste the American Dream, and then bam. Dead.

Niggas always gotta ruin it for everyone 

The fact he was so honestly happy about it all as well. Alexi isn't some asshole scientist like the baddies in season 1, when he was happy with such simple things we'd not bat an eye at, it was heartwarming.

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So this is really weird. Apparently Bethesda is counting Creation Club stuff "as official" and canon now. UESP is starting to index the various "creations as DLC" 

It definitely isn’t. Umbra was destroyed, and not in the “it can be reforged” sense. Doom Guy and TranStar don’t exist in TES or Fallout. And there is obviously only one set of Divine Crusader armor.

And nothing in that link suggests that they are counting it as canon. It says exactly what we’ve always known. That they are officially approved paid mods that are able to use assets PS4 players in particular would not be able to get through normal modding.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I just cant get over the trailer man. Did y'all realize Triss was in it too? I sure didn't. 

67118043_570564430139123_536621989439419

I don't have much feelings for Triss anymore, even managed to get her torture scene this playthrough. But this is wrong. 

I wonder if Sapkowski did this on purpose, to separate the show from the game.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I’m fine with the brown hair because the super red was a game thing, but she looks way too old to be Triss. I’m betting she will be a pretty minor character so it won’t be as big a deal as Geralt or Yen.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m fine with the brown hair because the super red was a game thing, but she looks way too old to be Triss. I’m betting she will be a pretty minor character so it won’t be as big a deal as Geralt or Yen.

People seem to forget Triss was pretty minor in the books compared to the role she had in the game. 

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m pretty certain the books had described her having red hair at least once.

At the very least a chestnut brown with red tones, kinda like Rebec. 

Not that^

37 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

People seem to forget Triss was pretty minor in the books compared to the role she had in the game. 

It’s got nothing to do with what we’re talking about tho. Still doesn’t excuse having someone that looks nothing like either representation.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m pretty certain the books had described her having red hair at least once.

At the very least a chestnut brown with red tones, kinda like Rebec. 

Not that^

Pretty sure it was chestnut brown. But my point is that her hair isn’t a major or important trait in the books like it is for Geralt, Yen, Ciri, or the game version of Triss, so the color being a little off doesn’t bother me. It’s like how Tormund in GoT is a ginger while in the books his hair is white. It isn’t really that important.

Her apparent age bothers me more. She is supposed to be young and gorgeous. 

But this isn’t at all based on the games, which is something we’re all gonna have to get used to if we wanna enjoy it. 

Viking’d. XD 

Edited by The Good Doctor

*says in mocking voice*

"But this isn't based on deh gaems!"

XD Doesn't matter, the books had her hair at least a little red, which would've at least appeased most, and they just gave everyone the middle finger. Besides, even if it isn't based on the games, someone somewhere should've said maybe since the fans mostly come from the games, we could at least borrow some concepts from it for the look.

Considering the trailer looks and feels nothing like the game or the books, I don't consider this a valid excuse anyway.

• Like 1

If they made any of the characters look like the book version, I'd concede, but considering Geralt is just Superman with a grey wig and Cirilla is just some basic bitch, Triss is some Italian Gypsy, and Yennifer is from Jersey Shore, I don't wanna hear that noise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I seriously don’t remember the books saying her hair was red at all. I think people just extrapolated that from chestnut, which is a stretch. But even if they did, why does it matter? Her hair color is only important for the game version, which has nothing to do with any of this. Of all the things that might be a middle finger, this doesn’t strike me as one of them, and I don’t know why you’d have expectations for things to be based on the games when it’s been made so clear from early on that they wouldn’t be. 

Ciri looks great to me, tbh. She’s a child with ashen hair and really striking green eyes. Not identical to game Ciri, but that’s many years later and again a whole different version of her. I expected much worse and I don’t really know what could be changed to make her look more like the book version.

Geralt looks wrong, yeah. But I’m hoping Superman can at least play the part well enough to make up for it. I don’t have the highest hopes for Yen.

I’m a little concerned about the monsters and shit. I worry that they’ll be what exposes Netflix’s budget. That giant spider at the end did not look good. The world also seemed kind of bland and colorless, which will be disappointing if it’s the case.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I seriously don’t remember the books saying her hair was red at all. I think people just extrapolated that from chestnut, which is a stretch. But even if they did, why does it matter? Her hair color is only important for the game version, which has nothing to do with any of this. Of all the things that might be a middle finger, this doesn’t strike me as one of them, and I don’t know why you’d have expectations for things to be based on the games when it’s been made so clear from early on that they wouldn’t be. 

Ciri looks great to me, tbh. She’s a child with ashen hair and really striking green eyes. Not identical to game Ciri, but that’s many years later and again a whole different version of her. I expected much worse and I don’t really know what could be changed to make her look more like the book version.

Geralt looks wrong, yeah. But I’m hoping Superman can at least play the part well enough to make up for it. I don’t have the highest hopes for Yen.

I’m a little concerned about the monsters and shit. I worry that they’ll be what exposes Netflix’s budget. That giant spider at the end did not look good. The world also seemed kind of bland and colorless, which will be disappointing if it’s the case.

It does say it's red- Yennefer comments on her red hair in one of their catfights. Sapkowski also called her "red headed" in an interview. Chestnut is red-brown, so the games made it more brassy than it should be, but the actress looks nothing like Triss. She also looks older than Yennefer.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Celan said:

but the actress looks nothing like Triss. She also looks older than Yennefer.

Everyone agrees on this. I just don’t think her hair color is a big deal at all. Hardly any attention is drawn to it in the books.

Hardly any is in the game either, besides the occasional mention, same as the book.

But this is a tv show, image is important. And considering so too is it in video games, that should’ve taken precedence.

Hell Tijhan’s more upset about it than I am lol he always romances Triss and read the books twice to my once.