Soulsborne Thread #8 (ELDENNNNNNNNNNNNNN RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of, compared to Dark Souls I almost never run out of estus in this game. When I die, it’s usually because an enemy combo’d me for 70% of my health, not because I got whittled down on my heals.

I usually run out during boss fights, or in the super late game areas. There's been a few fights I won by the skin of my teeth, completely out of all healing items.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I usually run out during boss fights, or in the super late game areas. There's been a few fights I won by the skin of my teeth, completely out of all healing items.

I’ve had a few like that, but they’re not the norm. I feel like most of the time I am either at the top of my game and absolutely dunk on a boss, or I myself am the one getting my ass kicked.

Alecto was the hardest for me so far, but when I beat her I think I’d only used like three flasks. Most of the times she beat me were when she landed a specific crazy attack that one-shots if I’m not at full health. Seems like a lot of bosses have that one attack.

By the way…

I met your Dragonkin friend in the Sea of Rot. He’s dead now. XD 

I also got invaded in Altus by fucking Margit of all people! I guess Balrog wasn’t kidding when he said to keep playing…

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve had a few like that, but they’re not the norm. I feel like most of the time I am either at the top of my game and absolutely dunk on a boss, or I myself am the one getting my ass kicked.

Alecto was the hardest for me so far, but when I beat her I think I’d only used like three flasks. Most of the times she beat me were when she landed a specific crazy attack that one-shots if I’m not at full health. Seems like a lot of bosses have that one attack.

By the way…

Hide contents

I met your Dragonkin friend in the Sea of Rot. He’s dead now. XD 

I also got invaded in Altus by fucking Margit of all people! I guess Balrog wasn’t kidding when he said to keep playing…

Yeah the Ringleader took me like six attempts to beat, but on my second playthrough because I missed her entirely first time around ;-;

She's insanely hard, but it makes sense considering they're the same race as Marika, the Numen. I ended up beating her using a really sick ass weapon that gives you i-frames with the weapon art and a massive thrust counterhit.

I recall you telling me you got it in two attempts, good job full stop man, that fucker took me like eight tries. I nearly got him first, but every goddamn time he'd camera fuck me into the rot. The camera is the true boss of that fight.

Keep playing ;)

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yeah the Ringleader took me like six attempts to beat, but on my second playthrough because I missed her entirely first time around ;-;

She's insanely hard, but it makes since considering they're the same race as Marika, the Numen. I ended up beating her using a really sick ass weapon that gives you i-frames with the weapon art and a massive thrust counterhit.

Hide contents

I recall you telling me you got it in two attempts, good job full stop man, that fucker took me like eight tries. I nearly got him first, but every goddamn time he'd camera fuck me into the rot. The camera is the true boss of that fight.

Keep playing ;)

Can’t the player be Numen as a starting race? I smell an RP class in my future. I wonder how closely I can build a character to a Black Knife assassin and if it would be effective in PvP.

Oh, did I already brag about that to you? Sorry. XD 

Cameras are a bitch in quite a few fights in this game. Hell, Margit #2 almost got me twice because I fell into a crater and he pinned me to the wall of it so my character was invisible and all I could do was uselessly roll into him. Luckily, he doesn’t hit me as hard as he used to, so I had time to call Torrent and hop out of there… then I did it again ten seconds later. 

But it’s the worst with putrid tree spirits.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Can’t the player be Numen? I smell an RP class in my future. 

Hide contents

Oh, did I already brag about that to you? Sorry. XD 

Cameras are a bitch in quite a few fights in this game. Hell, Margit #2 almost got me twice because I fell into a crater and he pinned me to the wall of it so my character was invisible and all I could do was uselessly roll into him. Luckily, he doesn’t hit me as hard as he used to, so I had time to call Torrent and hop out of there… then I did it again ten seconds later. 

Hell yeah man, my first character was a Numen. I didn't get a whole lot of RP because of just how new everything was.

I know that my Dex/Int character will get a lot of rp, his name is Oy Vey a Nickle

Margit honestly still kicks my ass, his moveset is so fast and punishing to positioning. Everytime I fall back into Dark Souls rolling mentality, he punishes me with attacks that you cannot roll, and have to fully outspace.

Also, go have audience with Luminary Mohg already XD

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder how closely I can build a character to a Black Knife assassin and if it would be effective in PvP.

You can nab their armor later down the line, and maybe, just maybe, their weapon too. You've actually passed it, it's in the plateau.

Thus far my characters are;

Lord Cassivelos - Strength/Faith, first character, made him look very Gaelic.

King of Equinox - Strength/Int, I made him look like those Fire Monk enemies with pale skin and red hair. I just ended up making an Atmoriant :rofl:

Horn Grimhallon - Dex/Faith/Arc, went into it wanting to use both dragonic and blood magic, but ended up also with frenzied flame spells too.

Godskin Apostate - Dex/Faith, without a doubt the coolest looking character I've made in elden ring.

Old Theudofrid - Pure Int, I need no explanation here.

Oy Vey a Nickle - Dex/Int, semi-joke character that I made in frustration to the current meta. I'll be going full tryhard with moonveil whenever I see rivers of blood.

Radahn's Compass - Pure Dex, I wanted to name him Radahn's Navigator but it was too long.

Father Theulfrey - Pure Faith, Roleplay character that I'm rocking as a distant relative to Godfrey. I even gave him golden eyes so he's not technically Tarnished.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You can nab their armor later down the line, and maybe, just maybe, their weapon too. You've actually passed it, it's in the plateau.

I think I might have found it. Honestly hard to remember. I’ve explored the plateau pretty thoroughly, and it’s hard to remember which weapons I have and haven’t found when I’m not using 90% of them.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Also, go have audience with Luminary Mohg already XD

I forgot how. XD I know the masked guy have me a key but I don’t remember what it wet to. Need to look through my inventory for clues. 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Godskin Apostate - Dex/Faith, without a doubt the coolest looking character I've made in elden ring.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Radahn's Compass - Pure Dex, I wanted to name him Radahn's Navigator but it was too long.

Tell me more. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think I might have found it. Honestly hard to remember. I’ve explored the plateau pretty thoroughly, and it’s hard to remember which weapons I have and haven’t found when I’m not using 90% of them.

It'll be a dagger, I think it's literally called Black Knife. It's a dex/faith weapon though with a better scaling with dex than faith.

Hide contents

I forgot how. XD I know the masked guy have me a key but I don’t remember what it wet to. Need to look through my inventory for clues. 

The item he gave you is infinite use :D

Tell me more.

I cannot tell you more about Godskin Apostate's build because it involves some really fucking cool late game weapons you get that has spooky lore attached. But I did some neat tricks with the burn cosmetic to look like his flesh was stitched back together.

I'm roleplaying that he hewed the Apostle's own flesh and grafted it to his flayed body. Having stolen their black flame, it'll be his primary spell type. I'll grab a screenshot in a sec.

Radahn's Compass is roleplayed as a male Albinauric (the first generation, not the frog looking people XD) that died in the void during Radahn's conquest, but returned by the grace of gold as a Tarnished.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think they are all fated for it, but when their legs no longer work, they just straight up die

I figured that was just how they were, since the ones in the village all drag themselves around and Latenna rides a wolf. But maybe you’re right. And if one is tarnished, then who’s to say they didn’t get fixed up anyway?

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I figured that was just how they were, since the ones in the village all drag themselves around and Latenna rides a wolf. But maybe you’re right. And if one is tarnished, then who’s to say they didn’t get fixed up anyway?

It's confusing for sure. On one hand all that's left of the first generation of Albinaurics have to crawl or cannot move, but all the males are elderly and I cannot talk abiut the females as that's spoilery. 

But the second generation, which is relatively young, either during the early Shattering or its aftermath, can all walk around. Either its an age thing, or only the second generation can freely roam.

9 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

But the second generation, which is relatively young, either during the early Shattering or its aftermath, can all walk around. Either its an age thing, or only the second generation can freely roam.

Aren’t the second generation the frog people?

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Horizon did pretty badly, Elden Ring outsold it on both PS4 and PS5 XD I wonder what Sony was thinking releasing it a week before it.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/04/07/playstation-store-march-2022s-top-downloads/#sf255288335

They probably didn’t expect the two games to be in serious competition with one another. Fromsoft games are usually off in their own corner. Elden Ring’s mainstream success has been unprecedented.

I made the same mistake. XD Remember when I was citing DS3 and how relatively little it sold despite its popularity? Now, ER is basically the only big single player game people are even talking about.

I almost feel bad for the Horizon team, but apparently a number of them were quite petty and competitive about the whole thing, which does make this a little funny. 

Fun tidbit, one of my favorite game writers, John Gonzales (who was one of the biggest writing contributors to Fallout New Vegas) was also the lead writer for Horizon Zero Dawn. He is credited for coming up with like 90% of that game’s background lore and much of the story. But when you try to look up his recent work, it stops there. I don’t know if he was involved with Forbidden West or not. Kinda hoping he wasn’t, just for his own sake. XD 

• Haha 1