Cyberpunk Thread

I'm traveling this week so won't be playing much, but I do plan to replay PL's ending. I understand that there are very different outcomes based on your choices, which is cool.

I won't spoil, but fair warning, Cyberpunk tends to be bleak story-wise. It really is about the small moments along the way because everything is fucked.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

You'll probably pick this up on your own, but the terminals that give you Relic points make a pretty faint peeping sound when you get close and the controller shakes a bit. It's maddening to then try to find them.

Just spent 5 minutes looking for one myself. What’s worse is Dog City is sometimes so noisy that it’s very easy for the beeping to get drowned out. 

Loving the DLC so far, by the way. 

One thing I'm glad of in the new patch is rebalancing the courier quests. It's almost impossible to do the timed ones if you've got a tail too. The reward isn't that much smaller, you just have to listen to Capitan bitch.

Oh, also, the loot drops with the red smoke will make a pulsing noise. Have to hustle there because if the gangoons crack the case, the loot starts disappearing, which is kind of cool. They also have story shards so they're not totally random.

• Like 1

@The Good Doctor I don't know  if you noticed, but after you complete the nomad quests, you see more Militech patrols in the Badlands. Shards say they're staking out the Aldecaldos. So in addition to my recreational wastage of the Wraiths, I eliminate every patrol I see. Waste their peeps, blow their trucks.

There's this one gig where you break a prisoner out of Militech jail in the Badlands and Dakota wants you to resolve it "peacefully." I just wait til I get my bonus, then go back and reduce that place to smoking ruins.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

@The Good Doctor I don't know  if you noticed, but after you complete the nomad quests, you see more Militech patrols in the Badlands. Shards say they're staking out the Aldecaldos. So in addition to my recreational wastage of the Wraiths, I eliminate every patrol I see. Waste their peeps, blow their trucks.

There's this one gig where you break a prisoner out of Militech jail in the Badlands and Dakota wants you to resolve it "peacefully." I just wait til I get my bonus, then go back and reduce that place to smoking ruins.

I have noticed. Wasn’t sure if it the numbers increased after the quest or if I just hadn’t noticed so many beforehand. That’s really cool.

Much as I like Panam being around, the Aldecaldos really need to hurry up and get outa dodge. Situation around NC is getting way too hot for them. 

True that. 

I also love the car stealing quests in the Badlands since you're generally stealing from Wraiths. I just found one where a bunch of them were hanging around after shooting up a truck and Capitan wanted you to steal their car. I hit them with the Contagion + Overheat combo, hid behind the car, and all I saw were limbs and weapons flying straight up in the air, it was hilarious.

They are the hardest car combat opponents, as you might expect. They're actually pretty fierce. Makes it all the more fun to grab and dash. Maybe I have a little GTA in me.

Just another day in the Badlands. XD 

photomode_21102023_210116.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ima probably just run around as a cyberpunk cowboy with a badass revolver shotgun and explosives. That possible?

and as many cybernetics as I can without looking like a freak lol

Absolutely. I usually am wearing the cowboy hat and AK bolero.

Most of the cybernetics for V aren't cosmetically noticeable. The most noticeable are the gorilla arms but still pretty subtle. "Minimalist" like that one Maelstrom gangoon calls them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ima probably just run around as a cyberpunk cowboy with a badass revolver shotgun and explosives. That possible?

and as many cybernetics as I can without looking like a freak lol

It is very possible. It’s pretty near how I play too. :lol: Go all-in on Reflex, Tech, and Cool. Grab the Gunslinger perks. Then get the Sandevistan implant so you can slow time and quickdraw mofos with your revolver. 

• Like 1

@Celan

El Capitán has definitely jumped the ranks for me. Probably the most altruistic fixer, and just and all round likable dude.

Do you have a similar problem to myself of being unable to ignore his random car jacking gigs? XD Things are addictingly fun. 

Plus his rewards are absurdly good. Forget money; that guy absolutely showers you in skill shards, vehicle discounts, and legendary weapons like there’s no tomorrow. Thanks to him, I got a an armored Militech truck with homing missile barrages for half the price of a decent rifle. 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Celan

El Capitán has definitely jumped the ranks for me. Probably the most altruistic fixer, and just and all round likable dude.

Do you have a similar problem to myself of being unable to ignore his random car jacking gigs? XD Things are addictingly fun. 

Plus his rewards are absurdly good. Forget money; that guy absolutely showers you in skill shards, vehicle discounts, and legendary weapons like there’s no tomorrow. Thanks to him, I got a an armored Militech truck with homing missile barrages for half the price of a decent rifle. 

The wages of car theft in NC are pretty good. And yes, I find the rush pleasantly addictive.

The only problem I have with Capitan's car theft quests is that I wish the ones in the Badlands came from Dakota and benefitted the Aldecaldos. It makes sense since these are Wraith cars and could just be repainted with Caldo sigs. Shit, I'd do that for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

The only problem I have with Capitan's car theft quests is that I wish the ones in the Badlands came from Dakota and benefitted the Aldecaldos. It makes sense since these are Wraith cars and could just be repainted with Caldo sigs. Shit, I'd do that for free.

I like to think that’s who El Capitan is selling them to. But yeah, some more Dakota/Aldecaldos content would’ve been nice.

• 2 weeks later...