Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

ticket booth XD

What the hell kind of elections do y’all have in Canada? XD 

Anyway, I don’t work the elections. I just set up all the voting locations in the county. 16 towns in one day. It’s a long one. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

20 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Wasn't the BoS still just in the process of becoming a thing on the west coast around the time 76 takes place?

They already existed, but you wouldn’t be the first person to point out how absurd the idea is that their influence would’ve extended to West Virginia so quickly. At this point they should still be a bunch of Army deserters with power armor fighting bandits and surviving as best they can.

But there’s more money in butchering a pre established popular faction than there is in making up new ones. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They already existed, but you wouldn’t be the first person to point out how absurd the idea is that their influence would’ve extended to West Virginia so quickly. At this point they should still be a bunch of Army deserters with power armor fighting bandits and surviving as best they can.

But there’s more money in butchering a pre established popular faction than there is in making up new ones. 

The fact Bethesdas raped there previously described description of Cyrodiil in Oblivion was kinda foreshadowing to there treatment of the "Any canon goes" for the Fallout IP. There's some real retconning stinkers in TES, but it's not nearly as bad, and it's kinda even worse if you think Fallout didn't originally belong to them.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

it's kinda even worse if you think Fallout didn't originally belong to them.

I agree. Makes it feel like Fallout is the redheaded stepchild and they don’t care what happens to it.

52 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Like damn bruh, you won't even play Total War with me if I don't vote for Trump?

I won’t play Total War with you if you don’t vote Trump either. 

I mean, I’m also not playing Total War if you do vote Trump. :P 

• Haha 1

I think you should adopt the Swedish voting system. At least for the parliament. We got no local representatives. Everyone just votes for a party and if a party gets more than 4% nationwide they get seats in the parliament proportional to their percentage. Would eliminate the two party system and allow people to vote for rather than against.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I was telling Doctor last night, I was hoping for your boy to win cause I think Biden is a tool, and I wanted to see a salt mine. You guys had me convinced it was going to be a landslide victory, but now i'm hearing everywhere Biden is likely to win now? What happened?!

The mail in ballots, no one really knows who is gonna win now. Joe was leading by 20k, now its only 10k in michigan. If Trump loses michigan, he likely loses period unless he somehow gets wisconsin or nevada, but who knows...

No one knows shit, if it weren't for the huge surge of mail in ballots, trump would have indeed won easily.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee