Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The episode, SO LIT.

Predictable, but lit.

Reveal hidden contents

I thought he was gonna let him keep the gear tbh, thought he was goin soft but nah

I loved the Sand Worm Dragon. And it was filled with prequel fan service. (A podracer, BOBA BEING PLAYED BY JANGO'S ACTOR! 

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

6jj3mfxu08w51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Ah so I was right then

My brother didnt think that was him, because he said it didnt look like him, but he's even the same complexion, plus the weaponry, and it just fits, his armor was in possession of the jawas, so he's missing it, etc etc, and you have a bald dude with mando weapons... and Din is lookin for a mysterious mando...

Obviously its Boba

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah so I was right then

Hide contents

My brother didnt think that was him, because he said it didnt look like him, but he's even the same complexion, plus the weaponry, and it just fits, his armor was in possession of the jawas, so he's missing it, etc etc, and you have a bald dude with mando weapons... and Din is lookin for a mysterious mando...

Obviously its Boba

It the same actor. I think he looks so different because in real life this is like fifteen years since he played Jango and in the Star Wars universe he was in the stomach of the Sarlack (which explains why he looks so scarred), which is why he looks so different. 

Finished Amnesia Rebirth. Gotta say I’m not impressed. I’ve already complained about the horror and the gameplay, which are the worst parts, so I’ll leave them alone in this post. Story spoilers below.

They dropped the ball with this one. The story wasn’t awful, but considering how meh the rest of the game was, it needed to be damn good in order to pick up the slack. It didn’t even get close. 

So many of the main mysteries and puzzle pieces either never get solved, make no sense, or have nothing to do with each other. You don’t even get a real explanation for why the protagonist has amnesia. She just does. You don’t find out how your plane crashed -the entire cause of the game- it just crashed. You don’t learn how the protagonist started out in the place she did.

The main villain’s motivation is weird as hell. You’ve got this super interesting alien world from another dimension with a queen or goddess type figure who lives forever by feeding off of vitae (a substance extracted from people under extreme fear, pain, or duress), which the denizens of this world have built systems to farm in mass from humans that they collected from earth (where they are believed by the humans to be djinn and other spirits). All this crazy shit going on, and the queen’s sole motivation is to kidnap the (pregnant) protagonist’s baby because she is lonely and can’t have a kid of her own.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

My country's media seriously got an unhealthy obsession with US politics. Heaps upon heaps of articles about your stupid presidential election. Almost never anything about elections in EU countries. Only real exception I can remember being the presidential election in France when Macron went up against the far right's candidate.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Wasn't the BoS still just in the process of becoming a thing on the west coast around the time 76 takes place?

Do you think they care at this point about "little" things like that? XD

It sucks cause they could have had a "Not-Brotherhood of Steel" in the game, maybe a particularly large army remneant no problem but they didn't. 

22 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor @ColonelKillaBee

How y'alls towns/cities looking? My family stocked up like hell on non-perishables and canned goods, considering how Macon has been thus far we dont know if shit will hit the fan, but we're not taking chances. 

Are things that bad because of the election?! 

46 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor @ColonelKillaBee

How y'alls towns/cities looking? My family stocked up like hell on non-perishables and canned goods, considering how Macon has been thus far we dont know if shit will hit the fan, but we're not taking chances. 

Those kinda of things don’t happen here. I’ve been working to set up the election. It’s been normal.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.