Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #4

It would be strange for this to be random though. I’m sure there’s some reason for it. 

Shes the only one we know of that is a natural Great One and has this connection, and is also the only one that is connected to a specific celestial body. She’s the closest one to humanity possibly if you consider the whole cosmos thing and how even the moon, as close as it is, is a part of it.

Theres indeed a connection to the sea with Kos and space itself, in fact we’ve explored more of space than we have our seas, and we can’t ignore that the moon has ties to both.... the tides and the cosmos.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Maybe Flora is just being territorial. Even her name shows just how “earthly” she is. She’s the closest presence to us, that we know of, before the others descended. As is represented by the moon and it’s varying distances.

And that would go along with the whole bestial thing.

Something else I noticed... has anyone else realized how bullshit the grant us eyes thing really is? Unless it’s just purely metaphorical and shows us just how far from true great ones we are, because we can only manifest ourselves as great ones in this lesser literal form rather than having many eyes in a figurative sense.

Because Kos, her child, moon presence, oedon and mergo who are of course formless, none of them are covered in eyes.

Only Amygdala, the artificially created Mensis Brain, and kin are covered in eyes or have many.

So, maybe that was the wrong idea from the start. Wouldn’t be surprised if it were the case, was way too literal. Terrifyingly literal and would be a great metaphor for just how far from Eldritch thinking we really are. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I will say this, Dark Souls had the more memorable music. 

Not that BB didn't utilize music exceptionally well, like the first time I found Yahar'ghul O.o Holy shit my anxiety went through the fucking roof.

But the use of leitmotifs in souls is so good, and they're done so well.

Agreed. Bloodborne’s use of music in those scary areas was awesome, and the Maria boss fight+music is still my all time favorite. But I’m a sucker for leitmotifs and Dark Souls probably uses those more effectively than any game I’ve played. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Honestly I was a little bit disappointed with BB's soundtrack overall quality first time I played it. It's generally good, but there's only a few standouts (Gherman's theme and Hail the Nightmare fucking amazing) It's like you said, it does it's job well enough, and is there to build up atmosphere.

Old Hunters though, holy fuck, it's all amazing (Ludwig and Maria the standouts) in that so no complaints there.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Old Hunters though, holy fuck, it's all amazing (Ludwig and Maria the standouts) in that so no complaints there

In my opinion, Old Hunters is the best of Bloodborne in every area. Music, bosses, regions and atmosphere, story. I wish there was a way to save right before entering and just replay it over and over without starting new playthroughs.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

In my opinion, Old Hunters is the best of Bloodborne in every area. Music, bosses, regions and atmosphere, story. I wish there was a way to save right before entering and just replay it over and over without starting new playthroughs.

Not that the base games aren't awesome, but really this is always the case with Souls stuff, the DLC's are often the best areas. I think it's because the developers are used to working on the game now,  the DLC is shorter and so they can focus their time on quality for a single part of the game, and it's aimed solely as end game content.  

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Upload your Bloodborne save game data to the cloud from local storage.

Beat the DLC and then go to online storage then download and overwrite the local save data.

;)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Upload your Bloodborne save game data to the cloud from local storage.

Beat the DLC and then go to online storage then download and overwrite the local save data.

;)

I know about this. I meant as a feature. I don’t like having to dick around with saves and whatnot. I ain’t about that life. But thanks anyway. 

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know about this. I meant as a feature. I don’t like having to dick around with saves and whatnot. I ain’t about that life. But thanks anyway. 

You know what sucks Dark Souls 2 had that feature :( If you burned a certain item (bonfire asctetic) at a bonfire it would respawn the enemies and bosses of said area (with the caveat they now have new game plus stats). I never knew why they didnt include it in later games cause its a super niffy mechanic.

18 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0700-CUSA03388_00-DS3THEME00000004 So me and @TheCzarsHussar were talking and I was going through themes on the playstation and found this little gem. 

That used to be the one I used. :lol: Until I found one for The Last of Us that I liked even better. 

1 hour ago, Daddy Solaire said:

Not gonna say much about because not the right thread, but I actually didn't like the last of us.

Nah, I get it. It’s not really the kind of game I would expect everyone to be into. 

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Wait for reviews. There's nothing that forces you to get it day one. It'll also let you know if you should wait for patches. 

The previews were all super growing. And it's Fromsoft, and Miyisaki. They've earned my faith and trust in their last five games. 

2 minutes ago, Daddy Solaire said:

@BigBossBalrog also from what I know you are to scared to fight @ColonelKillaBee in pvp so be quiet.

I refuse to lower myself to the standards of dickwraiths. Besides me and Colonel's dual of skill will not be settled there...but another battleground. *Ominous music* 

There's still alot of customization skill trees, leveling is infact still in (but you can only increase three stats), movesets for the blade, special ninja techniques, prosthetic that act as trick weapons, and you can choose a bunch of weapon arts for the katanna.  The fact there cutting the bloat of multiplayer, and cheesy shit like magic makes me super excited. And finally dedicated stealth. 

1 minute ago, Daddy Solaire said:

I wonder have they said if there is a penalty for resurrecting at the spot you died like in a boss fight.

I could be wrong as I’ve been avoiding lots of info, but I think it’s very limited and you can only do it once per “life” so to speak. Hence “shadows die twice”.