Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Here's a game, list the times John did a skill check

Science check to hack the terminal [SUCCESS]

Speech check to convince the Wild Man that mole people rule the world [FAILED]

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dude has an amazing quick draw XD Perception 8 and agility 7.

Yeah but my highest stat in real life is Luck so he’ll probably have a bloody coughing fit the moment he goes for it, giving me time to lightly shove him over.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I finished Witch's and BT's Halloween posts, good stuff :YesMan:

I'm a little confused though, when Doc told me we were doing a Halloween themed series of post, I thought he meant horror, not literally Halloween, which is why I themed mine around some aspect of horror (classic fifties "fish people" kind of thing) XD But it's refreshing to see some Halloween stuff that isn't necessarily horror. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The closest connection to Halloween I can think of for my posts (including some stuff that’s not up yet) is they sorta revolve around the theme of masks, of people hiding their identities, motives, etc. Which fits with a celebration where people are pretending to be other people or hiding who they are 

@BTC Only just now got around to reading the full Lawrence post.

Your writing was on point, as always. :) I like how Lawrence is completely no nonsense, no bullshit with everyone he interacts with. Even when he’s lying, it almost feels like he’s being honest because he won’t even sugar coat his made up story with Van Silver and left her unsatisfied. XD 

• Thanks 1

@The Good Doctor just finished your post

You bastard! I should've guessed that Big Max was Julie. I mean you had already let slip Max was a woman but I somehow never suspected she was Julie. Clever, Doc, very clever

It's awesome seeing all the rebels together finally. With all the firepower Max has stored away the Brotherhood is in for a very rude awakening. I'm extremely curious about who this mysterious group in the east is. I can see it being the Columbians, wanting to fund the rebels so the Brotherhood doesn't retake the Lost Lands, but the fact this group is connected to the MLA has me curious if it's someone else involved. 

Felix scaring the General was funny. I'm still really curious about Felix, though. Same with Gregory. I can't help but wonder what drove them to side with the rebels even after the defeat of the MLA. And I'm curious to see how this plan of theirs will unfold. I feel like the wheels are about to come off of Wellstone and things are going to ramp up in a big way. 

Edited by BTC
  • Thanks 1

Y’all know in RPGs when you enter a new town for the first time and talk to everyone and your quest log suddenly goes from nice and tidy to overwhelmingly bloated?

That’t exactly what I feel like just happened for the rebels. XD 

• Haha 1

For Lawrence the Pastimes of the Rich and Famous quest just ended, and the New Digs quest he got is one of those short connective quests that basically only says "Go to your new home in the Market District." Of course, the note "Find out what you can about your new boss" on the No-Tell Hotel quest suddenly seems much more ominous...

Edited by BTC
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTC said:

You bastard! I should've guessed that Big Max was Julie. I mean you had already let slip Max was a woman but I somehow never suspected she was Julie. Clever, Doc, very clever

At this point, there are too many damn redheads in the RP for some of them not to turn out to be the same person. XD 

Not that lots of redheads is ever a problem, am I right @ColonelKillaBee? :P 

1 hour ago, BTC said:

Felix scaring the General was funny. I'm still really curious about Felix, though.

Fe=Iron. He’s just Boldir after he invents transuniversal flight in chapter 5 of the TES RP. That’s why he’s so scary.

• Haha 1