Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

Lol Sullivan’s stat block is hilarious, just the extremes of it. He’s a really unique character and has a great personality too. I’m really interested to see what he gets up to.

Richard’s line about Sully looking for a job as a “drunk, old storyteller” was pretty funny. I enjoyed their back and forth, y’all did a good job with the dialogue. They make an interesting pair, and I think it’d be fun if they ran into each other again. Though it seems like Richard has other ideas in mind. Aly having a friend in the Brotherhood should be awkward and make for good drama, if Richard goes that route. Good post y’all, I’m excited to see how Sullivan fits into the story going forward

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BTC said:

Lol Sullivan’s stat block is hilarious, just the extremes of it. He’s a really unique character and has a great personality too. I’m really interested to see what he gets up to.

Thank you! He's the evolution of an idea I had since the beginning of the Fallout rp, it took many different turns but I'm very satisfied with the end product.

11 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

Richard’s line about Sully looking for a job as a “drunk, old storyteller” was pretty funny. I enjoyed their back and forth, y’all did a good job with the dialogue. They make an interesting pair, and I think it’d be fun if they ran into each other again. Though it seems like Richard has other ideas in mind. Aly having a friend in the Brotherhood should be awkward and make for good drama, if Richard goes that route. Good post y’all, I’m excited to see how Sullivan fits into the story going forward

Sullivan's background post is way too long (I'm sorry, I have a problem making huge background posts XD) but if you do ever read it, you'll heavily dislike him as a character.

I was somewhat teasing Witch by seemingly having Sullivan catch on to what Richard was, but then throwing out a completely wrong answer :P. I think Sullivan is going to have some really hard times finding work, who would want to have a one eyed old waster?

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Thank you! He's the evolution of an idea I had since the beginning of the Fallout rp, it took many different turns but I'm very satisfied with the end product.

Hide contents

Sullivan's background post is way too long (I'm sorry, I have a problem making huge background posts XD) but if you do ever read it, you'll heavily dislike him as a character.

I was somewhat teasing Witch by seemingly having Sullivan catch on to what Richard was, but then throwing out a completely wrong answer :P. I think Sullivan is going to have some really hard times finding work, who would want to have a one eyed old waster?

I read it, and you're right, he is a pretty low-down character. Thought that only makes him more interesting, seeing as it will be a bit unnatural for him to fit into 'civilized' society. 

And I also like the thematic symmetry between this post and my Texans one, about Wellstone looking real pretty but it being more gilded than anything. 

As for work, him being a scout might mean he could find some work at the Lodge. Maybe not consistently, but that seems like something that would be up his alley. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

Hide contents

I read it, and you're right, he is a pretty low-down character. Thought that only makes him more interesting, seeing as it will be a bit unnatural for him to fit into 'civilized' society. 

And I also like the thematic symmetry between this post and my Texans one, about Wellstone looking real pretty but it being more gilded than anything. 

As for work, him being a scout might mean he could find some work at the Lodge. Maybe not consistently, but that seems like something that would be up his alley. 

Sullivan is probably one of the few characters that even seeing the rotten aspects of Wellstone, that disgust or unnerve other characters, he wouldn't be phased by it. Been through so much shit that all the wonderful aspects of the city, which might be taken for granted by it's citizens will overtake anything horrible.

Funny enough, Sully never gave Richard his actual name. So if they ever meet again, Sully will be introduced as Mr Sun-burnt Brahmin-shit. 

I was actually thinking on the Lodge as something Richard could suggest. But with it being so far from the city I figured it was something Richard would happen to have little to no knowledge of. 

• Haha 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

@BTC

Of all the remaining caravaners, Kim’s struggle definitely hits me the hardest. Besides having the most to lose back home, she seems to have been the least emotionally prepared for the chance that things would go badly, and boy did they. Still, she’s handling these developments well, all things considered, and Ezekiel being there for her is sweet and definitely helps, but man it’s sad to see her POV as she comes to grips with the possibility that she’ll never see her family again, and that this whole expedition isn’t the discovery-filled adventure that she thought it would be.

Less emotion on the Abbey and Reyna front, but I still thought it was pretty nice to know that they’ve developed enough as a group that the idea of eventually going seperate ways up upsets Reyna. It was great finally getting to see the Lodge firsthand, and the snapper trapper gang was fun to follow. Particularly at the end when Abbey came in so clutch. She was pretty badass in this post.

Lawrence’s second segment was my favorite of the bunch. Besides proving beyond a doubt what a righteous man he is, it was also incredibly badass. The ruins and what was going on in them felt so perfectly “Fallout” and the Sheriff responded in kind. I wonder if anyone died in the fire, and if so, how that will affect Wellstone given how powerful some of them were. I suspect they will cover things up as much as possible, but those photographs he took are pretty damning. This could really help the rebels depending on what Alan does next and what Lawrence ends up doing with those extra copies.

Guillermo is my favorite of the bunch after Lawrence. Music, food, and a good attitude. I maintain that he would be the best traveling companion in either RP.

All in all, I loved this little anthology you put together, and the ending tied things up very nicely.

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

@BTC @Witchking of Angmar

Any post with Rose in it feels like something from Game of Thrones. Even more so when Clara gets thrown in the mix. It’s like a bunch of post-nuclear Lannister, Tyrell, Perry Baelish type stuff. I enjoy their banter and how it tells us what’s going on.

“Patricia's coming after what happened to her husband? I know there was little love lost between them, but it's only been a few days since he killed himself."

:rofl: Awesome. I wonder if he really offed himself or the Brotherhood made it happen. My guess is the former, since that doesn’t sound like Alan’s style (Sterling maybe, but he didn’t receive any photos). Either way, it sounds like the whole thing was covered up pretty effectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BTC

Hide contents

Of all the remaining caravaners, Kim’s struggle definitely hits me the hardest. Besides having the most to lose back home, she seems to have been the least emotionally prepared for the chance that things would go badly, and boy did they. Still, she’s handling these developments well, all things considered, and Ezekiel being there for her is sweet and definitely helps, but man it’s sad to see her POV as she comes to grips with the possibility that she’ll never see her family again, and that this whole expedition isn’t the discovery-filled adventure that she thought it would be.

Less emotion on the Abbey and Reyna front, but I still thought it was pretty nice to know that they’ve developed enough as a group that the idea of eventually going seperate ways up upsets Reyna. It was great finally getting to see the Lodge firsthand, and the snapper trapper gang was fun to follow. Particularly at the end when Abbey came in so clutch. She was pretty badass in this post.

Lawrence’s second segment was my favorite of the bunch. Besides proving beyond a doubt what a righteous man he is, it was also incredibly badass. The ruins and what was going on in them felt so perfectly “Fallout” and the Sheriff responded in kind. I wonder if anyone died in the fire, and if so, how that will affect Wellstone given how powerful some of them were. I suspect they will cover things up as much as possible, but those photographs he took are pretty damning. This could really help the rebels depending on what Alan does next and what Lawrence ends up doing with those extra copies.

Guillermo is my favorite of the bunch after Lawrence. Music, food, and a good attitude. I maintain that he would be the best traveling companion in either RP.

All in all, I loved this little anthology you put together, and the ending tied things up very nicely.

We've talked before about the similarities with Demara in TES and Kim here, and one of my main reasons for wanting to do this post was to differentiate them. They're both excitable scholars, but whereas Demara stepped up when the sea ghosts attacked and was prepared for things to go poorly, Kim really wasn't. She can dive into her work to distract herself, and having friends and Ezekiel helps, but yeah, she wasn't really prepared for what's happened, so that's going to be an ongoing struggle for her

Hopefully this fleshed out Reyna and Abbey more. They were the two that, up until now, I was most worried about seeming sorta flat. Hopefully now they're more three dimensional. And it helped me to get inside their heads and really think through what staying means for them

I didn't originally plan on his part being so long but I couldn't help myself once I got the idea for the fight club in my head. Plus, it sets up some fun stuff down the road. 

I'm glad you liked it! I certainly had fun writing it, especially since each story had a different tone, even if they were all connected by how everyone is dealing with being stuck in Wellstone for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Any post with Rose in it feels like something from Game of Thrones. Even more so when Clara gets thrown in the mix. It’s like a bunch of post-nuclear Lannister, Tyrell, Perry Baelish type stuff. I enjoy their banter and how it tells us what’s going on.

“Patricia's coming after what happened to her husband? I know there was little love lost between them, but it's only been a few days since he killed himself."

:rofl: Awesome. I wonder if he really offed himself or the Brotherhood made it happen. My guess is the former, since that doesn’t sound like Alan’s style (Sterling maybe, but he didn’t receive any photos). Either way, it sounds like the whole thing was covered up pretty effectively.

I enjoy their gossip because it's so at odds with some of the other stories. Like, Sullivan or Richard's stories are really grounded in just trying to survive, while Rose and Clara are sitting in the lap of luxury talking about parties and outfits. It's so ridiculous, which makes it fun

That thread isn't quite finished yet, and the next part about that should explain what's gone on with that coverup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTC said:

I'm glad you liked it! I certainly had fun writing it, especially since each story had a different tone, even if they were all connected by how everyone is dealing with being stuck in Wellstone for the foreseeable future

I think the tone differences was one of the best parts of how you laid these posts out. Kinda like the first season of Stranger Things, where it feels like a different genre depending on which characters’ story you are following.

Kim and Ezekiel’s was really sad and did the best job of showing off the downsides of Yellow Rose gang’s situation. But there were silver linings, and it did feel like it got more hopeful towards the end.

The Snapper Trapper gals’ part was a more classic monster hunting romp. 

Lawrence continues to be a cowboy detective with heavy noir vibes and some western heroics thrown in.

Guillermo was perfect to finish with since everything about his POV was upbeat and positive about the future. The song choices were really good too, btw.

4 minutes ago, BTC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoy their gossip because it's so at odds with some of the other stories. Like, Sullivan or Richard's stories are really grounded in just trying to survive, while Rose and Clara are sitting in the lap of luxury talking about parties and outfits. It's so ridiculous, which makes it fun

That thread isn't quite finished yet, and the next part about that should explain what's gone on with that coverup. 

Exactly. XD We’ve got most of the cast struggling hard to get by, waging brutal wars, or hunting monsters for coin, and then these women are sitting on a fucking luxury riverboat gossiping about parties and husbands.

That’s why it reminds me of certain characters in GoT who sit around in flower gardens drinking wine and discussing politics while characters like Arya literally have to eat beetles to keep from starving.

I guess a more relevant example would be the denizens of New Vegas or Tenpenny Tower living similarly well in the same rough world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The song choices were really good too, btw.

I'm planning on laying out what his full set might be, just because I enjoy diving into the music of the Fallout universe and thinking about Guillermo's persona and what he would sing. As someone who is not at all musically inclined, getting to step into that for a little is fun

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Game of Thrones? I never really thought of it like that. Though I kinda see it now that you've pointed it out. All that's really missing is the inter-family politics. 

One of the main reasons I like these posts is not only because of the contrast but how simply sitting around talking can go a lot of ways. Unlike most fights where you kinda already know (or at least safely assume 99% of the time) that the protagonist will survive and the bad guy will in some way be defeated. 

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Game of Thrones? I never really thought of it like that. Though I kinda see it now that you've pointed it out. All that's really missing is the inter-family politics. 

One of the main reasons I like these posts is not only because of the contrast but how simply sitting around talking can go a lot of ways. Unlike most fights where you kinda already know (or at least safely assume 99% of the time) that the protagonist will survive and the bad guy will in some way be defeated. 

This most recent one did a good job of highlighting what I like about them. These characters know so much about the city’s goings on that conversations between them provide some really good exposition without it feeling forced. I loved so casually finding out that what Lawrence did in his last post led to the guy killing himself and his wife taking over the business. 

@TheCzarsHussar @Witchking of Angmar

Very fun post with very fun interactions, y’all.

There is no doubt in my mind. Sully is easily my favorite character of yours, Czar. By far. His mannerisms, his backstory, his personality. It’s all so great and this was a great introduction to him.

The line about Richard’s “mind salt” got a legitimate laugh out of me, but honestly a lot of it had me grinning. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar @Witchking of Angmar

Hide contents

Very fun post with very fun interactions, y’all.

There is no doubt in my mind. Sully is easily my favorite character of yours, Czar. By far. His mannerisms, his backstory, his personality. It’s all so great and this was a great introduction to him.

The line about Richard’s “mind salt” got a legitimate laugh out of me, but honestly a lot of it had me grinning. 

No shit, really? My favorite Fallout character, or in the entire Rp? By the way like I told Witch, I imagine he sounds like an older

Charlie Utter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

No shit, really? My favorite Fallout character, or in the entire Rp? By the way like I told Witch, I imagine he sounds like an older

Charlie Utter.

Either RP. I liked Sully’s concept to begin with, but seeing it firsthand, he was even better and more enjoyable than I expected. 

• Thanks 1

@Centurion

Fun post, man! I really get a kick out of these short and sweet bounty posts. 

“The Ravager” sounded like such a badass villain and then *pop* :rofl: Patton wasted NO time thinking about taking her alive. 

Anyway, dude’s a fucking savage. He and Ubbe would get along well. XD 

I wondered if he would eventually set his sights on Gregory since it became known he was back in the area. Shame it’s gotta be that way but I get it. Luckily Team Thatch has got some savages of their own.

One little issue, Wellstone is actually a pretty good distance from what would be considered the Lost Lands. This is my fault for not finishing the world map yet, but BT’s failed expedition post did a good job of showing roughly how far one would have to go to leave BoS territory. It would take a couple days. What Patton did was probably in the outer ruins of Kansas City or its suburbs, which Wellstone doesn’t encompass completely. Those are still BoS lands, but they’re spread out enough with a low enough population that particularly brave and stupid raider gangs could occasionally crop up. Granted, this lot was particularly brave and stupid. :lol: 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion

Hide contents

Fun post, man! I really get a kick out of these short and sweet bounty posts. 

“The Ravager” sounded like such a badass villain and then *pop* :rofl: Patton wasted NO time thinking about taking her alive. 

Anyway, dude’s a fucking savage. He and Ubbe would get along well. XD 

I wondered if he would eventually set his sights on Gregory since it became known he was back in the area. Shame it’s gotta be that way but I get it. Luckily Team Thatch has got some savages of their own.

One little issue, Wellstone is actually a pretty good distance from what would be considered the Lost Lands. This is my fault for not finishing the world map yet, but BT’s failed expedition post did a good job of showing roughly how far one would have to go to leave BoS territory. It would take a couple days. What Patton did was probably in the outer ruins of Kansas City or its suburbs, which Wellstone doesn’t encompass completely. Those are still BoS lands, but they’re spread out enough with a low enough population that particularly brave and stupid raider gangs could occasionally crop up. Granted, this lot was particularly brave and stupid. :lol: 

lol original The Ravager was a dude and him and Patton were gonna have knife fight, but then I was like “nahhh that doesn’t really fit the character. How about a crazy bitch that mutilates her victims dicks and Patton see’s and is like ‘OH FUCK NO’” lol 

And I fixed the lost lands stuff 

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

The “OH FUCK NO” message was definitely conveyed. XD There was no question that her fear tactics worked like a charm on Patton. Which is where she fucked up. Lol

Now I’m betting that some time in the future a character who ends up in the southern KC ruins will walk past a roadside with some old genitals nailed to it or something. Ew. This might go down as the Fallout RP’s “never regions” bit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion

Honestly I don’t know how any interaction between the pair will go or is there will ever be one. It’s up in the air at this point because Boone Patton is my kind of rogue element. He has no commitment to one side or the other. In a way he is the Ace of Diamonds he carries in hat. An Ace in the Hole for whoever gets him to play

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Honestly I don’t know how any interaction between the pair will go or is there will ever be one.

Patton: *Points to old Brotherhood poster of young Gregory* "Have you seen this man?"

Old Man Gregory: "... He went that way." *points west*

And they never interact again.

Though to be honest, now that Patton is gonna be looking for Gregory, my mind is swimming with possible ways for that to happen. It couldn't be too easy or soon, given that even the Brotherhood hasn't made much headway with locating him. That bounty wouldn't be so high if it were easy.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Patton: *Points to old Brotherhood poster of young Gregory* "Have you seen this man?"

Old Man Gregory: "... He went that way." *points west*

And they never interact again.

Though to be honest, now that Patton is gonna be looking for Gregory, my mind is swimming with possible ways for that to happen. It couldn't be too easy or soon, given that even the Brotherhood hasn't made much headway with locating him. That bounty wouldn't be so high if it were easy.

its gonna be a slow build up arc definitely. Hell Patton will probably have some interactions with the Thatch children and neither party realize what’s happening etc. You know follow ghost stories and here say. Some of them factual, some of them fictional, but he’s not sure which is true

Just now, Centurion said:

Hide contents

its gonna be a slow build up arc definitely. Hell Patton will probably have some interactions with the Thatch children and neither party realize what’s happening etc. You know follow ghost stories and here say. Some of them factual, some of them fictional, but he’s not sure which is true

Basically every interaction with the Thatch children so far. XD 

• Haha 1