Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

4 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

What did you think about the opening post?

Like I said to Doc, it’s kinda intimidating because it reminds me that I’ve been writing in fantasy settings for longer than I’ve been in High School XD Its gonna take me a mindset swipe to get into the grove of things properly.

Aside from that it was sick, like the start of a movie. Hope Duane doesn’t die, I like him already. It says he’d be joining big Max “soon” but you never know.

Oh and I like the redhead ;) 

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Like I said to Doc, it’s kinda intimidating because it reminds me that I’ve been writing in fantasy settings for longer than I’ve been in High School XD Its gonna take me a mindset swipe to get into the grove of things properly

I was thinking about my writing style recently, and it’s weird but I feel like my style fits better in the sci-fi or at least a more modern setting. I’m not quite sure why, maybe it’s just I’m more comfortable writing that sort of stuff. 

Anyway, I’m sure you’ll be fine. You’re writing with the same people after all, and we don’t bite (usually).

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

On the Josey post

XD I did not expect a Good Burger reference in this post, but it certainly fit. And I love the comment about Josey only trying the yellow nuka cola once. The inclusion of Richard was a surprise. Good to see he found work. I thought the flirting and Josey’s comments to Aly were funny as well.

Coupd you remind me Aly and Eli’s ages? I have a guess, early 20’s and mid 20’s respectively, but I couldn’t quite remember.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how this rebel group unfolds, with Walter and Ben, the Thatches, and Cynthia off attacking people in the city. They could do a lot of damage, though I worry about the conflict between Ben and Walter, and wonder if Cynthia is a dog on the loose now

Good post Doc!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I did not expect a Good Burger reference in this post,

I haven’t seen that movie in years. I legitimately have no idea why it’s the first thing that popped into my head when I wondered what the protectron should say. XD 

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Coupd you remind me Aly and Eli’s ages?

21 and 23, respectively.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Reveal hidden contents

I feel we didn't learn much more than we had already guessed us to given Lawrence previous post. Still a nice post.

But most importantly, I think we should now take bets on who will not survive the Lost Lands. :P

Probably Kim or Guillermo. Because this is Fallout and we can’t have nice things. 

Good post, BT. It was nice to see Lawrence finally cut through all the secretive bullshit openly. He makes for a good sheriff. :lol: 

The revelation of Maxine’s relationship with Emmy really endeared her me, where before she was one of my least favorites (probably by your design, given how she was so standoffish and dishonest). I’m pumped for this “rescue” mission. You nailed the dangerous frontier vibe, BT. Makes the Lost Lands feel as dangerous as they ought to from a BoS perspective.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Thanks y’all!

Lol so hasty. Who says anyone has to die? It could be a nice, easy stroll to Columbia and back out again. A walk in the park :P

And yeah, that was totally by design. I especially wanted her to go from unsympathetic to sympathetic once we learned about her, since that would mirror how Lawrence felt about her once he learned the secret as well.

I actually hadn’t planned to have Linda’s secret revealed in this post originally. But I realized he was gonna get everything out in the open he could, so it didn’t make sense to wait for that secret. 

• Like 1

On Doc's request (and honestly something I should've done from the beginning) I've edited into my CS post a quasi-CS for the members of the caravan. Hopefully that way people can have a better idea of who looks like what. I want y'all to appreciate them a bit before they all die in the next post :P

• Thanks 1

Alan also quickly noticed a military grade assualtron robot in a suit jacket standing a few feet from Rose against the waist high wall. It was holding a couple of large coats on its arms as if it was a simple coat-hanger.

:rofl: 

I’m still reading but I wanted to say that this image got a good chuckle out of me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Alan also quickly noticed a military grade assualtron robot in a suit jacket standing a few feet from Rose against the waist high wall. It was holding a couple of large coats on its arms as if it was a simple coat-hanger.

:rofl: 

I’m still reading but I wanted to say that this image got a good chuckle out of me.

If one is going to bring a military grade assaultron to a high class party, one should at least dress it up a little. :P 

• Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Fun post, y’all. I was surprisingly into that poker game, and the result was pretty hilarious. It’s not hard to see how Rose has become so prominent in the city. She takes big risks but knows how to hedge things in her favor.

I still am having trouble getting a bead on Sterling. Alan hates him, and there are clearly some mutual bad feelings between them, but he is so secretive that without a POV it’s impossible to tell how deep they go on the Inquisitor’s end. He’s got this auora about him that makes him low-key one of the most intimidating characters in the RP.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Fun post, y’all. I was surprisingly into that poker game, and the result was pretty hilarious. It’s not hard to see how Rose has become so prominent in the city. She takes big risks but knows how to hedge things in her favor.

Also if you payed attention to the fact that Laura had mirror bracelets, Rose may not have played entirely fair herself. :whistling:

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!