Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #14

Declare your House.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Stark or Lannister?

• Lannister
    • Stark

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Death of the Outsider had the best level design in the series, heavily expanded the lore, and the abilities we're experimental and awesome

Though a Dishonored game without the Outsider feels somehow wrong. He was such a core of the games.

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Since I never played the others, who should Geralt romance that makes sense.

To your difficulty question imo, either death march or the one under that. Games too easy otherwise.

As for romance, for Geralt, Yen always. For the player’s satisfaction, probably Triss unless you’re a freak like me and love bad bitches.

In that case it’s still Yen.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Death of the Outsider had the best level design in the series, heavily expanded the lore, and the abilities we're experimental and awesome...

...but they still managed to overshadow that by fucking up the concept of the outsider.

I've used to never like the Romance in the Witcher, but I really prefer Triss's personality so go with her in my opinion. I felt it was very cheesy, and clashed with the dark tone of the games (which is overwhelming dark), but after doing that shit in Dank Souls 3 and various VN's...lol, I have had enough of "dark romances".

You can always just focus on finding Ciri and not even engage in any romance. 

I wouldn’t call Geralt and Yennifer “dark”, in fact their ending was surprisingly sweet. Hell, retiring in a wine orchard alone with one another sounds much lighter than life at court, though there’s also the detail about their home always smelling like baked goods so that’s nice. 

Geralt and Yen are complicated and it’s even more so under stress of Ciri missing. Which is realistic. 

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What should I focus on leveling up? I noticed some soldiers using sexy polearms, could I use them as well?

You’re a witcher, use your sword!

You can use others in the game too but the swords are best

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

As for tips on leveling up? I can't really tell which witcher rune power thing so the best yet.

You mean the places of power? Those upgrades are temporary except the skillpoint you get. My advice would be to try everything, save your skill points until you’ve tried all the powers and know which ones you like and don’t.

That said, my bread and butter are Axii and Quen. The other skills work decently enough to be useful without ever needing to put a point in them, especially if you go the potion route later down the line.

I personally focus mainly on combat, with the potion tree as my secondary and only put points in quen and axii after that, and only the first branch for axii since those points effect dialogue, and only the second for quen so you get the very useful mutated version of that which basically spawns a bubble shield.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:50 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

The old ones look like they got gangbanged by a bunch of sea sponges and left to die.

In her defense, she is dead in that picture. And we never see her alive so I guess we can’t rule out sea sponges as the culprits.

17 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Holy shit. 40 dollars. They want 40 dollars for outfit motifs. 

Naaaaaaaaah

Some of the houses are in the hundreds if you buy them with furnishings. The Crown Store is ridiculous.

Luckily, you can find, craft, or unlock almost all of the outfits and motifs by playing once you’re far enough. No need to spend cash.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I wouldn’t call Geralt and Yennifer “dark”, in fact their ending was surprisingly sweet. 

But dude, she wears black!

@TheCzarsHussar

Just experiment and do what feels right in your first playthrough. Both in gameplay and story decisions. Don’t look things up or ask us for help that might spoil you or change what you’d do.

As for difficulty, I think Death March is the most fun, but I run a glass cannon alchemy build that more than makes up for the spike in enemy health. Alchemy is hard to get into early on, and the one I use is impossible without the Blood and Wine DLC -which should be the last thing you do, so you might wanna try something else and save that for a NG+ run or something. 

Respecs are super cheap and easy too.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

In her defense, she is dead in that picture. And we never see her alive so I guess we can’t rule out sea sponges as the culprits.

Some of the houses are in the hundreds if you buy them with furnishings. The Crown Store is ridiculous.

Luckily, you can find, craft, or unlock almost all of the outfits and motifs by playing once you’re far enough. No need to spend cash.

Yea I’m gonna make my way to that Bloodforge dlc eventually with this Nord for that outfit.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think she died in childbirth (It's a major theme)? I shudder to think of anything that could fight and kill a Greater Old One.

I find her super creepy, even though Kos is supposed to be one of the more benevolent Old Ones. 

mother_kos_by_putridcheese-dawvuw0.jpg

@TheCzarsHussar I’d say put points in alchemy once you’ve comfortably upgraded combat or magic skills enough to fight decently with just those. By then you should have some of the better decoctions in the game where alchemy becomes worthwhile to invest in. Otherwise you can just use alchemy without putting points in it just fine.

Maybe increase your toxicity, and your max toxicity threshold before you start taking damage from it.

Bombs to look out for, northern wind, dimuritium,  moon dust. Those are the best ones in my opinion. Northern wind freezes people which is great for crowd control, dimuritium stops magic abilities, moon dust stops transformation effects like invisibility. 

Also, random but good tip, don’t try blowing up or setting on fire poison fog in caves and marshes, just blow it away with Aard.

I only played on Normal, but an alchemy build was really fun and I didn't invest in anything else but Axii, and early on in Sun and Stars for survivability.

If you invest in bombs, they're all deadly. I most often used the Dancing Dragon combo (Dragon's Dream + Dancing Star) and finished them off with Grapeshot which can chop a man in half.

• Like 1