Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Ds2 lately (intermixed with Ds3, getting real boring) and I'm so annoyed. Half of all my invasions end with the host alt-f4ing before I ever even find him. Most of the time within ten seconds of spawning in their world.

It's much worse than anything I experienced with 3.

Those I do find 9/10 times do die to my extremely scummy poison build, it's nearly unwinnable against so I guess it's fair XD

@BigBossBalrog That being just enough dex to use Manslayer katana and some shield piercing dex weapons but mainly using a very fine tuned sanctum great mace build. Plus the moonlight butterfly hat so their poison buildup never goes down when I'm near. Evil build aint it? Only ganks have a chance against it

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog I started playing Sekiro again today and holy FUCK, just beat Inner Genichiro. Fromsoft turned a early game difficulty boss into a terrifying enemy.

Have you beat him yet?

I beat all the Inner bosses; Genichiro's a nightmare, but his sword moves are honestly beautiful.  And fucking bullshit, cause they changed all the timings of his attacks and animations to intentionally fuck with the player 

40 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I beat all the Inner bosses; Genichiro's a nightmare, but his sword moves are honestly beautiful.  And fucking bullshit, cause they changed all the timings of his attacks and animations to intentionally fuck with the player 

I was one hit away from killing Inner Isshin on my F I R S T A T T E M P T!

I'm the opposite of Salty, I'm so fucking hyped.

I finally decided to finish the Chalice Dungeons after spending three year literally saying I'll do them and stopping midway through XD Not going to lie, I have new respect for them; I think the problem is people thought they were going to be something they aren't, rather there basically the "phemerian" area of the game; the area has that theme and when people ocmplain the game didn't do anything with them, it's cause they didn't do the chalice dungeons XD

Been playing DND every week with a group, and I kinda love the dungeon delving dive the Chalice Dungeons give; something the other souls games kind of lack cause the "dungeon" so to speak, is the entire game. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I finally decided to finish the Chalice Dungeons after spending three year literally saying I'll do them and stopping midway through XD Not going to lie, I have new respect for them; I think the problem is people thought they were going to be something they aren't, rather there basically the "phemerian" area of the game; the area has that theme and when people ocmplain the game didn't do anything with them, it's cause they didn't do the chalice dungeons XD

Been playing DND every week with a group, and I kinda love the dungeon delving dive the Chalice Dungeons give; something the other souls games kind of lack cause the "dungeon" so to speak, is the entire game. 

You were playing chalice dungeons and didn't even invite me? ;-;

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

It doesn't have cross play?

I don't know, after I beat Demon for the first time, I cancelled my PSN subscription so I wouldn't be able to play if I could XD

That's not even getting into my beliefs that I believe coop in Souls game is almost heretical. 

I dunno Balrog, the lot of us is really anal about your first playthrough but me, Doc and Colonel don't feel that way about the Chalice Dungeons.

It's a slog by yourself but really fun with friends, and the constant knowledge that a super buffed invader is able to drop in at any time is equally awesome. 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I dunno Balrog, the lot of us is really anal about your first playthrough but me, Doc and Colonel don't feel that way about the Chalice Dungeons.

It's a slog by yourself but really fun with friends, and the constant knowledge that a super buffed invader is able to drop in at any time is equally awesome. 

I beat the coop zones in Dark Souls 2 by myself, i'll but the Chalice Dungeons too!

25 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Ya'll there's some things you need to do youself XD

Chalice Dungeons are literally the last thing you need to do for yourself. XD 

Like, they’re only fun with friends. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 weeks later...