Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That was quick. O.o

How would you rank it in comparison to the other From games?

Just after Bloodborne and tied with Dark Souls 1. (There's some...things, that the Remake especially imply it's connected to Dark Souls 1 and/or Bloodborne in terms of story too) The original Demon Souls, in my opinion, was held back by it being very experimental and unpolished compared to the later entries in the Soul's games. Most of those rough aspects were polished by Blue Point. Such as;

1. Item Burden. You had a carry limit in the OG DS. In the Remake it's still there, but the player is able to deposit items directly into your storage if you don't have enough carry weight, which makes grinding/exploration WAY less tedious. 

2. Demon Souls had shortcuts, but they were way less consistent then later titles. Blue Point added shortcuts to the areas in the original game that dragged on.

3. Movement was super weird. Not only did it have four rolling, you couldn't jump, and there were two places you could vault over. Not only is there omni rolling, which makes it way less static, they add a bunch more things that you can vault over, so it's a more present mechanioc. 

4. In the original there was a huge lack of variety in terms of equipment, rings, and weapons. The Remake adds a ton more of these into the game world that don't clash (Including quite a few rings from Dark Souls) 

5. Quality of LIfe galore. They backported a ton of quality of life stuff from the newer Soul titles. Using multiple Souls at a time, giving the option to change your appearance after the Character Creator, being able to make NPC's forgive you if you accidentally aggro them, a WAY easier to understand world tendency system. 

I could go on and on about the changes, cause there's ton's, but the biggest is how much they polished the art direction and music. Demon Soul's, due to budget restraints and all that, had a very barren-looking art-style that clashed heavily with the Dark Fantasy and Gothic masterpieces the later Souls games were. Blue Point adapted FROM's style from the later games and did it perfectly. So Demon Soul's kept it's ethereal emptiness, but got a huge upgrade in visual fidelity.  And they also hired the localisation team that did Dark Souls, so the translation and localisation was put up to par in the story department! 

demons-souls-new-screenshots-2.jpg

demons-souls-3.jpeg?itok=d7-8bGDk

Demon_s_Souls_20201112154750.0.jpg

Demons-Souls_20201112175803-1.jpg?ssl=1

Demon_s_Souls_Church.jpg

Blue Point took FROM's vision and polished it to a mirror sheen, while keeping what made Demon Souls such a unique game intact. 

That's the highest praise I can give them. 

Oh yeah, and they made Fist Builds super awesome XD And the combat super heavy and meaty in general. 

p1nnwtpcxceizrc1ts3b.gif?auto=format&fit

atodp2jkt4fxhiqnhaxv.gif?auto=format&fit

f43edf36aca8b413c2a2bb5e7e11bddd043f13ae

• Like 2
  • Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like that’s saying anything.  If I knew GRRM’s phone number, I could probably get him to help write the RPs. As long as it’s not Winds.

Just tell him about Colonel's foot fetish and he'll be all there 

So I've spent about seven months replaying all of the FROMSOFT Souls games from release order (Alas, i'm not like Czar in that I can do a Souls binge and play all of them in a couple of weeks ) Why? B

Posted Images