Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

"Encumbrance is still in and better grasses weigh more - grass system is otherwise intact

They fixed most bugs but kept minor "meme-worthy" bugs and quirks

Locked 4k at 30fps or variable 4k 60 at fps

Plenty of filters, inc. one for the original's aesthetic

Can switch camera perspective back to original

Photo mode included - which pauses the game until you're invaded/otherwise playing with other players online

Higher drop rate for pure bladestone

Confirmed no 6th archstone: "it was discussed, and then we backed off - it wasn't our right to create that extra world"

World tendency and character tendency unchanged aside from improved UI

Most of the original cast re-recorded their dialogue

3 invaders and 2 allies for 6 players total in multiplayer

Fractured world - confirmed as a mirror mode

Significantly improved character creation

No difficulty settings - focus on staying true to the original vision

Levels apparently load close to instantly after dying

The game makes use of the PS5's controller's new haptic features e.g. you can feel the trigger tightening as you draw an arrow, and the controller gives feedback when you successfully parry

Omnidirectional rolling (eight directions) is confirmed in

"Once you've chosen a character, what you can do is after you've paid a number of souls for it--in the Nexus--you can actually store your character and then go in and change your character in the Nexus."

Re-recorded soundtrack with full orchestra

All animations redone with motion capture

All boss and enemy logic/AI same as original game

No changes to Old Monk" 

New info about Demon Souls.

• Like 1

Fighting Ornstein and Smough again made me realize why they never really did such a combo again. The problem is that Smough's fat ass can easily obscure several attacks from Ornstein. All bosses in DS3 with multiple opponents always have them being of roughly the same size so neither can obscure the other.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

19 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Fighting Ornstein and Smough again made me realize why they never really did such a combo again. The problem is that Smough's fat ass can easily obscure several attacks from Ornstein. All bosses in DS3 with multiple opponents always have them being of roughly the same size so neither can obscure the other.

I really like that fight, myself, but you’re right about the vision obstruction. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I really like that fight, myself, but you’re right about the vision obstruction. 

Well it was the one of the few fights that I didn't pretty much beat first try this time around. The other being the Capra Demon, and fuck that guy and his dogs.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

My biggest problem is how Ornstein can glitch out and get stuck behind Smough or the pillars and then suddenly go twice as fast out if nowhere.

It's hard to dodge when that happens 

That happened to me once during the fight. Pretty much instantly killed me.

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

That happened to me once during the fight. Pretty much instantly killed me.

I must be unlucky, it happens every time I fight them XD

I'm normally aight though since I like to complete everything else before going to Anor Londo, gives me plenty of levels for health 

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I must be unlucky, it happens every time I fight them XD

I'm normally aight though since I like to complete everything else before going to Anor Londo, gives me plenty of levels for health 

I was just at low health when that attack hit me. I thought I had time to run across the room to hide behind another pillar when Ornstein got stuck.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think Capra Demon is a very difficult fight, but I do think it is the cheapest in the game.

And that's why I dislike it. No other boss has you attacked from more than one direction before you can even get a decent look at what you're fighting.

29 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

And that's why I dislike it. No other boss has you attacked from more than one direction before you can even get a decent look at what you're fighting.

I agree totally. And you’re given virtually no room to maneuver.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I beat the remake twice. It's fucking A plus material. If ya'll have questions ask me. Such an amazing experience.

That was quick. O.o

How would you rank it in comparison to the other From games?