Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Okay, then am I the only one who struggled so much on Manus?!

yes

@Witchking of Angmar If you hadn't already beaten the boss, so long as you aren't over 100% equip load a very effective counter for the boss is to wear either full havel or full stone armor and the grass crest shield.

Sure you will fat roll but you'll also poise through any of their non grab attacks enough times to be fairly safe. By the time your poise is broken, you'll regenerate your poise before they hit you again. In a race against time, it's better not wasting stamina on rolling.

Regardless of your build, this strat is effective.

@The Good Doctor Logarius is probably the most annoying trek back to a boss in Bloodborne. Also a tiny part of me OCD's at the mandatory damage fall to reach him. Artorias isn't that bad when you get the elevator, keeping to the far right after the sanctuary bonfire you'll only encounter two garden tenders and nothing else. Well aside from the rare invader XD

I don't know about you Doc, but I think you haven't played Ds2?

Me and Balrog are the only ones here then that experienced the absolute hell that is a certain DLC's reskin of a boss. Said boss is a bit harder and has different timings but it's the trek to him that's so infamous....

And....

F r o z n  O u t s k i r t s

11 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think DS1 was okay. As far as I remember, the longest essential bonfire to boss run in the game is the Capra Demon, which was a little longer than I’m willing to put up with, but otherwise I don’t think most of them were excessive. I like having a bit of a run exist so that discovering shortcuts feels more rewarding.

Capra Demon was bad. But the worst has to be the Scaleless Dragon. I still remember having to run across a large field and then down a huge pit where several bridges were invisible unless you went slowly and payed enough attention to the particle effects.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Half of the Souls modding community just announced Dark Souls Nightfall, it's a fan-sequel to the first game XD I've been aware of it for a few months now, but didn't know it was so big. All the big names are attached to it. Sounds super ambitious and cool. 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-remastered/nightfall-mod

"Takes place "seconds" after the Darklord ending of 1. Takes place during the "Dawn" of the Age of Dark.
-Main character is not the Chosen Undead.
-Unlike Daughters of Ash, will not drastically change 1's lore, it is a sequel to it, not Daughters of Ash. Will not overwrite Dark Souls 2 and 3, "interquel" to those games.
-Will have fully voiced NPC's, with professional level of quality. New cast of NPC's.
-Map is a "twisted' disturbing reflection of Lordran, with completely altered paths and areas, with new assets, backgrounds, scenery, and secrets.
-Combat has been heavily altered, playing more similar to Dark Souls 3 then the vanilla game.
-Tons of completely new sets of armor, weapons, and items.
-New enemies and bosses (though due to limitations, they are being reserved to remodels and reskins). All returning enemies from the base game will have heavily modified behavior and new abilities.
-Eta on the first release of the mod is mid next year. A ton of work had already been put into it."

"Takes place "seconds" after the Darklord ending of 1. Takes place during the "Dawn" of the Age of Dark." 

Favorite part XD That and the fact the combat is being modified and chanced to play like Dark Souls 3. 

What also is cool is apparently the mod already half done (release will be mid next year) and the head of the project is the Daughters of Ash creator, who already released one massive total conversion mod. Unlike alot of these big projects. 

EkIx5nMWAAIyNId?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EkO8_GnWsAodEmE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EfgNjWfXkAMrDk_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Half of the Souls modding community just announced Dark Souls Nightfall, it's a fan-sequel to the first game XD I've been aware of it for a few months now, but didn't know it was so big. All the big names are attached to it. Sounds super ambitious and cool. 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-remastered/nightfall-mod

"Takes place "seconds" after the Darklord ending of 1. Takes place during the "Dawn" of the Age of Dark.
-Main character is not the Chosen Undead.
-Unlike Daughters of Ash, will not drastically change 1's lore, it is a sequel to it, not Daughters of Ash. Will not overwrite Dark Souls 2 and 3, "interquel" to those games.
-Will have fully voiced NPC's, with professional level of quality. New cast of NPC's.
-Map is a "twisted' disturbing reflection of Lordran, with completely altered paths and areas, with new assets, backgrounds, scenery, and secrets.
-Combat has been heavily altered, playing more similar to Dark Souls 3 then the vanilla game.
-Tons of completely new sets of armor, weapons, and items.
-New enemies and bosses (though due to limitations, they are being reserved to remodels and reskins). All returning enemies from the base game will have heavily modified behavior and new abilities.
-Eta on the first release of the mod is mid next year. A ton of work had already been put into it."

"Takes place "seconds" after the Darklord ending of 1. Takes place during the "Dawn" of the Age of Dark." 

Favorite part XD That and the fact the combat is being modified and chanced to play like Dark Souls 3. 

What also is cool is apparently the mod already half done (release will be mid next year) and the head of the project is the Daughters of Ash creator, who already released one massive total conversion mod. Unlike alot of these big projects. 

EkIx5nMWAAIyNId?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EkO8_GnWsAodEmE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EfgNjWfXkAMrDk_?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Those azure knights still edgy af :P

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The Age of Dark is edgy af, have you seen what the Dark Wraiths dress like XD

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of it being armor actually. They were much cooler back when I first played, thinking that their bodies had decayed so much and been twisted by the abyss. Not fucking knights wearing spoopy skeleton armor.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of it being armor actually. They were much cooler back when I first played, thinking that their bodies had decayed so much and been twisted by the abyss. Not fucking knights wearing spoopy skeleton armor.

I actually prefer the armor explanation cause with the Ringed City you realize they based their armor off the Ringed Knights, and it's a cool lore detail.

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of it being armor actually. They were much cooler back when I first played, thinking that their bodies had decayed so much and been twisted by the abyss.

Wait, are you sure that’s not the case? Cause I still think it is. 

Why the heck would there be roots and shit?

Darkwraith_sides.png

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wait, are you sure that’s not the case? Cause I still think it is. 

Hide contents

Why the heck would there be roots and shit?

Darkwraith_sides.png

I think it's decoration? 

That's another cool thing, apparently the Darkwraith armor in 3 mentions it and it's wearer being so ancient that the armor looks like it's about to fall apart and is covered in dust.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think it's decoration? 

That's another cool thing, apparently the Darkwraith armor in 3 mentions it and it's wearer being so ancient that the armor looks like it's about to fall apart and is covered in dust.

Could’ve guessed that from the giant hole in the front. XD 

To me it looks more warped and corrupted than just some weird decoration. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I see the bad moon arising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today!

Literally just attaching Bad Moon Rising to a game trailer makes me want to play it. XD 

I mean the lyrics are fitting, but maybe they should have used it for BB instead XD But yeah you should, it's an amazing game. Update's next week.