Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

Im feeling awfully close to hollowing. Been farming for a cursed bolt abyssal that adds percentage and flat bolt increase for nearly three hours, save scumming only makes it barely tolerable.

Statistically speaking I should have gotten one by now, its gotten so bad I've not even died to Abhorrent Beast in so many attempts. Fuck you From, you've made me trivialize mt most hated Bloodborne boss XD

Edit: I wanna fucking cry XD it was the wrong version of said boss.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Been playing one of those so called "Souls-like" games, Mortal Shell. It's...pretty good. It isn't anything amazing, but for something that takes so much from FROM's games...they took a healthy heaping of the good stuff. The mechanics make it more like a Surivval Horror game then the Souls series. Art direction, atmosphere, and sound design is top tier for an Indie game. 

Combat is a little janky, but it's fun. And they have a really REALLY unique system for armor/class (It's put into one, there called "Shells", you posses the dead body of a dead hero. Each one has a unique mechanic involved, a skill tree,  in it, and each shell has a side quest.) 

3b2e1f79823bfcab7085609f0dc845b857eb4847

anton-gonzalez-c-01.gif?1585395511

DefiniteMediumGrayreefshark-size_restric

Steam_Gif_1.gif?t=1597684277

AnnualColdIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.g

43 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Cover Art...blegh. But let's be real, North American covers for games are always inferior to what the Europeans and Jap's get. Just look at this. 

Not always. Our DS3 cover beats all of these. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The NA ones are generic fantasy heroes about to kick ass scenes, while the others are sad, lonely forlorn Knights about to go on a harrowing journey through darkness XD

That’s such a biased description. XD Only the new Demon Souls is like that. 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Pthumerian Elder is the best boss in the Chalice Dungeon change my mind.

An undead pyromancer-noble that teleports with a tap of his cane and pulls a Gundyr at half health, putting everything he has into the fight. Fucking flying into the air with flaming scythes, saying "I can do that shit too Logarius."

Ironically I'd actually put Elder in my top five non-DLC bosses in terms of pure badass and enjoyable boss.

On 9/9/2020 at 10:24 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Some modders spent a few months polishing the cut Great One Beast; and the shore of mud, the cut boss from BB and the cut area. It looks fantastic. XD

Besides it being janky as fuck, I don't like the design of the boss. It's a damn japanese mythological fox with some dark hair and lightning. It even walks like a fox, that's just janky as hell to watch. 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Besides it being janky as fuck, I don't like the design of the boss. It's a damn japanese mythological fox with some dark hair and lightning. It even walks like a fox, that's just janky as hell to watch. 

Ludwig is a stand in for the Buddhist horse demon guarding the river of blood into hell XD The game has huge eastern elements; they are just mostly hidden. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Ludwig is a stand in for the Buddhist horse demon guarding the river of blood into hell XD The game has huge eastern elements; they are just mostly hidden. 

Aye but his design isn't 100% recognizable as that. With the Great One Beast, all I see in the design and movements is a Japanese fox. It's not that the design is bad, hell with some touch ups it'd be cool in Sekiro, but it's awkward and janky in Bloodborne; in this one's most humble opinion.