Soulsborne Thread #7 (And Sekiro and Elden Ring and other shiet)

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Whenever he does his wombo combo I just freak out and I hide behind my shield like a bitch XD It's just the utterly alien combination of being a monster, having powerful spellcasting, and being lighting quick, as well as having alot of health that makes me queasy. 

My advice for his hollow spam attack? Stay mid range at all times unless punishing, long range will often make him do his stretch Armstrong attack which is hard for me to punish, mid range makes him do his jump attack somewhat often, best time to punish.

And if he charges up, just spam roll backwards, if you have fast roll you'll make it.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Good job Balrog, now fight Colonel.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

I’ve run the numbers, and -in this order- Colonel is more likely to get killed by

-a lightning strike
-Kobe Bryant’s helicopter
-corona virus

than he is to be killed by Balrog in Dark Souls.

• Haha 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

I’ve run the numbers, and -in this order- Colonel is more likely to get killed by

-a lightning strike
-Kobe Bryant’s helicopter
-corona virus

than he is to be killed by Balrog in Dark Souls.

I think I killed him by mistake once in coop XD

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fume Knight, Sinn, Kalmeet, Gywn (I don't really parry in these games) Flame Lurker, and the False King. 

Fume Knight was my bane back in the day, took me so many attempts to perfectly time my rolls and chugs. It wasn't so much he roll caught me a lot, but punishing my heels and one shotting me.

Fuck Sinn, cunt broke my weapons. Other then that, eh?

Kalameet certainly is in my opinion the second best dragon fight. Midir is my favorite. I never really found him that difficult, there was a time when Nick couldn't beat him solo but eventually he did it.

Gwyn, parry ez. Without parry, still ez with a fast weapon.

Flame Lurker still haunts my nightmares... oh wait never mind I have my water spell and/or flame resistant shield.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Fume Knight was my bane back in the day, took me so many attempts to perfectly time my rolls and chugs. It wasn't so much he roll caught me a lot, but punishing my heels and one shotting me.

Fuck Sinn, cunt broke my weapons. Other then that, eh?

Kalameet certainly is in my opinion the second best dragon fight. Midir is my favorite. I never really found him that difficult, there was a time when Nick couldn't beat him solo but eventually he did it.

Gwyn, parry ez. Without parry, still ez with a fast weapon.

Flame Lurker still haunts my nightmares... oh wait never mind I have my water spell and/or flame resistant shield.

CHEESE CHEESE! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Bruh I died to Horsefuck Valley plenty more times then Maria. By the time I got to her, took me around four or five attempts (without parries, fuck yall for that :P) to beat her. Fist of Gratia hits her out of most animations.

We know lol we all remember your thing with animal farm XD he’s a toughy tho when I ironically came at him with the weapon everyone says eviscerates him. But with my Ludwig sword, the ripoff one, he caved like a drunk prom date.

It was about five times for me to kill Maria the first time too, second time took me I dunno how many times.

Moral of the story, play style affects a lot.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

For the record, I've never used the water spell against flamelurker. Nobody under the sun can claim it cheese to use the shield though, that's like whining about using the fire buff consumable against Phalanx.

If I remember, the way most people cheese him is through poison cloud XD

Funny thing about Demon Souls is most of the bosses are gimmick fights that are super easy once you learn the gimmick, but the ones that aren't are even harder as a result. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If I remember, the way most people cheese him is through poison cloud XD

Funny thing about Demon Souls is most of the bosses are gimmick fights that are super easy once you learn the gimmick, but the ones that aren't are even harder as a result. 

You know I dont think in my two playthroughs that I attacked Ancient Hero without using stealth. Is he actually hard if you go balls to the wall?

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You know I dont think in my two playthroughs that I attacked Ancient Hero without using stealth. Is he actually hard if you go balls to the wall?

That's the blind dude in the tomb right? Haven't fought him that way so I wouldn't know. 

The biggest sin of Bloodborne is how horrible the phantom range is, like damn bruh did y'all see those dash attacks of his? They hit me from meters away.

It's hard enough for me to do Bloodborne pvp, but it's so much worse when all that's left are no life tryhards that two-three shot me with dex weapons XD