Civil War Aftermath OOC #1

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

When you admin types are at the old site, could you pin the rp threads so they're easier to find? 

I can’t. Colonel is the only admin there. Do you mean the RP threads from the older chapters and early 3? I just skip back to the oldest page and scroll down to them.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Yeah,  3 is scattered everywhere.

That won’t be how we copy it over here, at least. It’ll still be split between threads, but not like ten of them. XD Probably just two or three. 

Been rereading a lot of chapter 2 lately as I’m bringing it over. I miss Witch saying “Alduin’s fire” a lot. :lol: 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Boldir,

Just wanted to tell you that mercenary work is treating me well.

~Eduard   (attached to Jodun's corpse outside Falkreath)

:realmad: 

And this:

Under his hood, Lorgar smirked revealing his fang-like teeth, he poked the raven in its head, before whispering,

"Wolves eat ravens, remember that..."

The raven croaked, bit his nose and then flew off into the woods. 

:rofl: Gotta love Karsh.

• Like 3

I had forgotten about this conversation between Gracchus and Tullius, which I shouldn’t have since I remember I liked it a lot at the time. It’s short but I think captures who Gracchus was at the time better than anything else.

"Lorgar tells me here you want to arrange a meeting between you, Princess Dales, and General Red-Snow?" Tullius said.

"That wouldn't happen, even if I wanted it to. Red-Snow could just turn and slaughter my men while we attack the Thalmor," Gracchus said.

"I know General Red-snow" Interrupted Lorgar, "If anything, he's a man of honor and reason, he wouldn't do that unless he had sufficient motivation."

Gracchus looked at Lorgar, and shook his head. "What more motivation does he need? We are an invading army, and if we attack the Thalmor, the winner will be weak and easily destroyed by his forces."

Tullius merely said. "You're paranoid."

"It is better to be paranoid than to be wrong. I will not meet him, not with the threat of my army's destruction. If you want to talk about something else, we can, but this particular discussion is over," Gracchus replied forcibly.

Tullius laughed, "Marius would be disappointed and disgusted with you. A true general has to take risks, it appears your willingly to take none."

And with that, Tullius pulled up his hood, and walked out of the tent.

Tullius was walking away, but Gracchus yelled at him, "I will not needlessly risk my men's lives for some fanciful dream of peace and hand holding! WE ARE AT WAR!"

"So you'd rather continue this meaningless conflict, then take the fight to the dominion? Or maybe you like being the whore to the colonel inquisitor, does he ask you for favors Legate?"

"Meaningless? You fought this war just as I did, but I have yet to lose. And I take no orders from Thalmor colonels. I am in command of this legion, and I will do what is best for it, which is to not present the Stormcloaks with an opportunity to rid themselves of both us and the Thalmor. Once this siege is over, then we take on the Thalmor, but not any sooner."

"You are blinded by your fear and pride, you had the chance to make a difference, and you didn't take it, for fear. Your a disgrace to the Legion, and Marius was an idiot to trust you. We're done talking" 

Tullius then left.

"And yet, I continue to fight, because I, unlike you and Marius, have not yet ABANDONED the LEGION!" Gracchus yelled.

"I am no traitor, nor do I fear anyone! I command my men with the courage needed to win this war, while you prance around in the forest, hiding from war."

Gracchus was only talking to himself now, Tullius having left.

• Like 1

"Meaningless? You fought this war just as I did, but I have yet to lose"

Holy shit, what a fucking burn! :lmao: Gracchus may have been hitting the milk harder back then than he does now, but damn if him saying that to Tullius isn't savage enough to make me think there was some mead in that shit.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Meaningless? You fought this war just as I did, but I have yet to lose"

Holy shit, what a fucking burn! :lmao: Gracchus may have been hitting the milk harder back then than he does now, but damn if him saying that to Tullius isn't savage enough to make me think there was some mead in that shit.

He was hitting the milk, but when talking about Marius and Tullius specifically, I think he had some reasonably grievances. 

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

If Rebec had her way, Gracchus would have been proved right. :lol:

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Boldir too, lol. Baldur might be the Imperials' biggest gift in that war. XD 

Ha! Yeah, I think his paranoia was well founded in that situation. I mean, he didn't really know Baldur well enough to know what would happen if he turned the Legion on the Thalmor without Nordic cooperation. Plus, weakening yourself like that just outside the gates of Falkreath is just asking to get killed. Even Baldur might not have been able to resist the Legion weakened like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

He was hitting the milk, but when talking about Marius and Tullius specifically, I think he had some reasonably grievances

Oh for sure. It was pretty damn hypocritical to call him out for fighting Stormcloaks instead of Thalmor. Especially when unlike Tullius, Gracchus was essentially sandwiched between two armies. And he was basically being asked to betray the one on his side in the hopes that the one who hated him wouldn't capitalize on that.

I mean, the Stormcloaks hate the Thalmor, but their grievances with the Empire go beyond them serving the elves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh for sure. It was pretty damn hypocritical to call him out for fighting Stormcloaks instead of Thalmor. Especially when unlike Tullius, Gracchus was essentially sandwiched between two armies. And he was basically being asked to betray the one on his side in the hopes that the one who hated him wouldn't capitalize on that.

I mean, the Stormcloaks hate the Thalmor, but their grievances with the Empire go beyond them serving the elves.

Was the plan for Chapter 2 always to have the Nords and Imperials end up in an alliance? Because it was definitely an unlikely partnership, facilitated by some luck that Gracchus is who he is and Baldur is who he is, and that Dales and Skjari had the plan to kill Amaud. It could've gone a lot differently.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You sure are easy to please. If only war was as easy, Gracchus thought, as he stroked the horse's mane.

:rofl: Good times.

THE INNUENDO. WITH STROKED IN THERE AND EVERYTHING :facepalm:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Was the plan for Chapter 2 always to have the Nords and Imperials end up in an alliance? Because it was definitely an unlikely partnership, facilitated by some luck that Gracchus is who he is and Baldur is who he is, and that Dales and Skjari had the plan to kill Amaud. It could've gone a lot differently.

Nope. I remember spending a lot of time in our PMs talking about how we were gonna beat y'all. XD  We did toss the idea around a bit, but early on it was more of a "what if" scenario and things just played out really well. I don't believe much of anything in chapter 2 was planned from the start, besides that there would be a conflict and battle at Pale Pass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Boldir,

Just wanted to tell you that mercenary work is treating me well.

~Eduard   (attached to Jodun's corpse outside Falkreath)

:realmad: 

And this:

Under his hood, Lorgar smirked revealing his fang-like teeth, he poked the raven in its head, before whispering,

"Wolves eat ravens, remember that..."

The raven croaked, bit his nose and then flew off into the woods. 

:rofl: Gotta love Karsh.

I should have Lorgar make a Raven pie this chapter. I wonder what it would taste like...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nope. I remember spending a lot of time in our PMs talking about how we were gonna beat y'all. XD  We did toss the idea around a bit, but early on it was more of a "what if" scenario and things just played out really well. I don't believe much of anything in chapter 2 was planned from the start, besides that there would be a conflict and battle at Pale Pass.

It's funny looking back that the "what if" scenario now was the way more likely scenario then. Things would be a lot different in the roleplay if they hadn't allied, or if the Imperials had turned on the Thalmor and then the Nords killed the Imperials. I think in either case Dales and Skjari take over. But if the Nords kill the Imperials, there would be some generals even more openly calling to attack the Nords, plus Gracchus would seriously distrust Baldur and the Nords. And if the Imperials hadn't betrayed the Thalmor, Gracchus would probably be looking at some sort of demotion and redemption arc, plus the Nords would resent the Imperials even more. 

• Like 1