Civil War Aftermath OOC #1

I laughed again when solangel popped in just to join in on the roast.

“ Your right, @colonelkillabee saying he’s a lore master compared to you doesn’t mean anything!

Because there is no comparison. Your knowledge of lore is laughable at best. “

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That is kinda weird lol, sure you didn’t provoke him for more laughs? :P 

Like, that post he responded to was super old. I was still slaving in my old work area.

He must have felt me laughing through the screen, I never commented on his stuff.

I read his tumblr post and hot damn you know he's coming back to whine more about how he won.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And normally I get the idea of using popularity to defend a point being weak in a debate but this ain’t a debate, it’s just one guy yelling at the internet that he won.

Even then the Empire is still more popular, I've noticed more people shifting over to the Stormcloaks in the last year or two though.

I’m curious by what metric he considers what he did “winning”. He says that a lot. Like, a whole fucking lot. But it’s not like there is some sort of judge or moderator awarding points for the best arguments. It’s just his words vs yours, and it’s for the reader to decide which is better. And from what I’ve seen, every damn reader seems to think his arguments are worse and that he’s acting obnoxious.

He’s not even wrong about popularity not making someone right. But he’s literally just one guy alone going after you and telling you and everyone who agrees with you that we’re all wrong. Because he says so. That doesn’t make him right, either. 

• Like 2

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

14 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If I recall word for word he called you "That stupid admiral" XD

Wasn't it "the promiscuous admiral"? LOL, leave it to a Thalmor lover to hate sex.

14 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thalmor lover

The funniest was that he proclaimed himself some great expert on the subject, but didn't know even basic stuff about the Altmer. Whatever dude.

• Like 2

Can I please get an admin approval :)

Menel Rivas

Race: Bosmer
Faction: Stormcloak
Birthsign: The Shadow

Physical appearance: 5’3”, stout; green eyes; dark greasy hair that sticks up in whatever direction he slept on it the night before; generally wears fur armor or fur-lined chainmail, no robes (“Have you ever felt a Skyrim draft up your skirt?”) and black war paint; wears the finger bones of a powerful ancestor around his neck; missing a toe and two fingers on his right hand and has numerous frostbite and battle scars

Equipment: Fryse hag staff, dragonbone dagger, orcish war axe with Fear enchantment

Skills: Illusion (master), Destruction, Restoration and Alteration (expert), Conjuration and One Handed (journeyman)

Motivations: pursuit of pleasure, loyalty to Veleda, grudging wish for Bosmer independence

Hedonist sorcerer turned assassin turned Stormcloak battlemage trainer, Menel Rivas fled to Skyrim in the company of Veleda Fire Hand with the Thalmor on their heels.

Born in Leyawiin, Menel had family on both sides of the border with Valenwood. The family moved to the Imperial City during his youth, but after his apprenticeship at the Arcane University, his parents returned to Valenwood to care for their aging parents. The elder Rivas’ had left the College of Whispers to stay out of its politics, and sought to stay neutral in imperial politics as well. They were secretly and cautiously hopeful that the Aldmeri Dominion would be an improvement over imperial rule. Menel mostly shared this opinion until he heard about Valenwood battlemages being used as cannon fodder in the Great War. The only chance Bosmer had of any kind of dignity, he realized, was if both the Cyrodiilic empire and Alinor threw themselves at each other with no clear winner.

It was Thalmor repression in the Imperial City after the White Gold Concordat that forced Menel to spend less time fondling apprentices and more on expressing his annoyance. During the Great War, he had lost contact with his parents and they were presumed dead. With little to lose, the illusionist helped to form the underground resistance group The Night Watchmen. Some wanted to resist peacefully, but Menel and Veleda Fire Hand were among those who chose a bloodier path. These were responsible for the murders of dozens of Thalmor collaborators in the city before treachery forced them to flee. During the brutal crossing of the Valus Mountains, he suffered frostbite and Veleda was forced to remove a toe and two of his fingers with her fire-enchanted dagger.

These experiences forged a close friendship between the two. Since he was always under suspicion as an elf mage anyway, Menel was content to let his fierce Nord friend take a leadership role in the Stormcloaks. All the better to pursue his love of drink, smoked meats, magical gadgetry and spell writing. As Veleda’s Second, Menel toured Skyrim helping to select and train battlemage apprentices, and accompanied her to Windhelm when she became the new Queen of Skyrim, and to the Moot where she relinquished the same.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Celan said:

"The fierce, rugged Nord, subdued by no army but tamed by a lover’s hand, trembling at her very touch..."

Looking back at some of these lines I can't help but to wonder if the foreshadowing was planned or just happened by chance to fit with some of the things that played out. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

19 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Looking back at some of these lines I can't help but to wonder if the foreshadowing was planned or just happened by chance to fit with some of the things that played out. 

:evil:

No, not planned. She was just selling her book.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Even so, that line along with her publisher asking if she's going to get a real lover certainly gives the feeling of everything being planned. 

I was trying to give a sense of the character's humanity despite her being a powerful figure and a vampire.

• Like 1