• Tyrion rules alone
    • Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

Or he just plays it safe and never even gives the good guys a chance by entering the battlefield. That’s how he’s operated so far, always hanging back and letting his forces do the dirty work while he watches from afar.

Only exception was the 3 Eyed Raven’s Weirwood cave. And that seemed personal, like he wanted Bloodraven for himself. Hopefully it’ll be the same with Bran so their trap (if you can really call it that) can work.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Honestly if he does fall for that “trap” he’s dumb as fuck. Going after him before when there wasn’t an army was one thing, but now? With dragons and dragon glass aplenty? I’d fuck up their forces with my dragon and draw them out and when they’re crushed, go after Bran at my leisure.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It really feels like they are going hinge the conflict on stupid miscommunication rather than outright handing someone the idiot ball. 

Also I managed to figure out and put my finger on one of the things that bothered me this episode. They had multiple scenes where they talk about how clever and intelligent Tyrion is despite repeatedly handing him the idiot ball. The fact that they need to tell the audience how clever Tyrion is instead of showing it. Besides, why even hand him the idiot ball? Instead of saying Cersei would help and be tricked by her, why not say that she cannot attack them in the rear. Dany got the Twins (she must have since she got no fleet to carry her troops and so they must have crossed the Twins to reach the North) so any attack from the south is out of the question. Attacking the North when winter has arrived is also suicide under normal circumstances as Stannis nearly found out. Attacking the North during an ice zombie invasion is just stupid and would just add men to the undead army. Why isn't Cersei just fortifying the south and waiting out winter? 

Cersei stated her strategy was to let the Northmen and Dany throw themselves against the dead so that they would be too weak to challenge her. I highly doubt she will invade the north, back in early seasons she lectured Joffrey against this idea. Though if it's depopulated, she might change her mind, and she could threaten the Riverlands as the Lannisters did before.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t remind me. ¬¬

Because Tyrion was dumb and thought Cersie might actually help them, and Jon probably just didn’t want Dany wasting any more time or resources fighting the living, which turned out to be a good call seeing as how they only got her armies to Winterfell like three days before the White Walkers arrived.

And while the dragons are certainly a trump card, it’s worth noting that they nearly managed to kill Drogon with a single scorpion while being ambushed and not at all prepared to use it. In a pitched or defensive battle with more of those at play, they might have a better chance. Though I’m sure Cersie is hoping that both dragons die in the North.

The scorpion didn't hurt him much, I'm more worried about the Night King's ice spears. We could see the dragons taken out of the picture then the playing field becomes much more level for the human conflict.

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I do hope the Crannogmen eventually make some kind of appearance. Bran did Meera dirty and Howland is one of the few remaining loose ends.

I doubt they'll introduce new characters but it would be awesome if the Northmen have to retreat south, to see some crannogmen/ Children of the Forest magic stop them at the Neck. Hammer of the Waters is what did it before.

17 minutes ago, Celan said:

The scorpion didn't hurt him much,

It brought him down. Imagine what three more could do if they took aim while he was grounded.

17 minutes ago, Celan said:

doubt they'll introduce new characters but it would be awesome if the Northmen have to retreat south, to see some crannogmen/ Children of the Forest magic stop them at the Neck. Hammer of the Waters is what did it before.

No need for new characters. Meera and Howland are established, so it could just be them and a bunch of nameless Crannogmen. I wanna see some swamp people.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

40 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That whole episode was bullshit. By the time it happened I was pretty much just like “whatever”. 

For me it was like the Battle of the Bastards; Jon runs into a stupid situation and is bailed out by someone riding in to save the day. But with the added aspect of "why the fuck are they doing this to begin with?" 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

31 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

For me it was like the Battle of the Bastards; Jon runs into a stupid situation and is bailed out by someone riding in to save the day. But with the added aspect of "why the fuck are they doing this to begin with?" 

It was way worse to me. The Battle of the Bastards was a result of multiple characters being stupid. But the wight hunt was that plus the universe bending over backwards to make sure the heroes don’t die for their stupid decisions. The way that everything worked out shouldn’t have been physically possible.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

GRRM would’ve killed Jon snows ass a second time

The first time was bad enough in the books. It wasn’t in the middle of the night while he was out for a stroll. It was in broad daylight five minutes after he gave a rousing speech to rally the Free Folk to fight with him against the Boltons. 

Went from highest high to lowest low just like *that*. XD 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably more out of concern than anything weird. That girl was like 11 when the show began. 

Of course lol that’s exactly why I did too XD I told you man I felt super weird through that whole scene

Just now, Centurion said:

She’s 22 now tho :evil: if I ever had a way of talking to her you KNOW I’d try to get in them pants

Have at it lol, me, ima pass. Can’t bang any chick I remember being small enough to pick up like a toddler.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Of course lol that’s exactly why I did too XD I told you man I felt super weird through that whole scene

Yeah, same here. All these characters in a castle, thinking it’s their last day to live, half of them with the hots for someone else who’s there, and the one sex scene is dedicated to Arya?! 

No. No no no no. No!

Shoulda been Tormund and Brienne. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1