1. 1. Which name is your favorite?

• Yornar
    • Witch-King
    • Witchie
    • Skjari Snow-Strider
    • Krojun Draconus

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I feel this election has been rigged and I refuse to participate :ranger:

Well this isn't an election of character but more of poll of which of the names of a character that has many you like the most. Or dislike the least depending on your disposition.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

If I wanted to rig a poll, I’d rig it in favor of my own characters. XD 

By the way, I voted Skjari Snow-Strider. That is one of the more badass Nordic names I’ve read. Yornar comes next, though, mostly because it’s his true name and I feel like that gives it some weight, storywise.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, Celan said:

I picked Skjari because it's what Maggie calls him. And it's Nord, not some Latin perversion. XD

I guess I should’ve given a “that damn wizard” option for what Rebec probably calls him. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

More seriously, I’d love it if we got an RPG somewhat akin to what their original plans were for Witcher 1, with a new protagonist and new conflict, and then some crossover with OG characters and locations here and there.

Hopefully we’ll get to play as a witcher from the School of the Bear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yeeeeeeesss

Or, choose your own schools. How fucking fun would that be, with gear specific to the groups and your own personal Witcher? 

I’m torn on this. Because CDPR wrote Geralt so well that I almost wonder if they shouldn’t stick to that formula and write us an incredible fixed main protagonist who we have control over (probably even more so than we did with Geralt, since he’a pretty fixed by the books), rather than follow him up with a total blank slate. 

Voiceless blank slates are usually my preference in RPGs, but CDPR is a huge exception.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So Balrog can be in his weeb viper school, the men/jocks will be in the bear school, Celan can go to the griffin school with the other nerds, etc etc.

If the Bear school have access to silver axes, I don’t know if I could ever play anything else. :P 

Maybe Manticore. Maybe. A school specializing in poisons and alchemy would be fun in Witcher. But dat fur doe. ^

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m torn on this. Because CDPR wrote Geralt so well that I almost wonder if they shouldn’t stick to that formula and write us an incredible fixed main protagonist who we have control over (probably even more so than we did with Geralt, since he’a pretty fixed by the books), rather than follow him up with a total blank slate. 

Voiceless blank slates are usually my preference in RPGs, but CDPR is a huge exception.

I doubt I’ll get as attached to anyone else anyway but I wasn’t thinking it’d be voiceless, they could use the mass effect formula.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

36 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So Balrog can be in his weeb viper school, the men/jocks will be in the bear school, Celan can go to the griffin school with the other nerds, etc etc.

School of the Cat and School of the Wolf are the best

• Sad 1

It says AAA RPG, so... 

I envision an Origins- style game where you can pick a background and have a different prologue somewhere in the Witcher universe, diverse locations so we see more of the world, then have a main story you follow. Would love to play a sorceress, or a Mahakam dwarf or Zerrikanian sorcerer or something.

• Like 1

Meanwhile whatever hype I had for VtMB2 cooled a bit when I saw the lead writer dissing the first game as a "male power fantasy" and saying they're getting away from that. What the fuck is even wrong with these new writers that they feel they have to alienate the fans that allow them to do a sequel in the first place? And in the meantime they so often write a shit story because they're trying so hard to be hip and woke.

How is my female vampire trying to survive and avert the apocalypse, the same as any male Kindred, a "male power fantasy"?

• Like 1