What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

25 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I decided to wait till I got some impressions from the internet and stuff since this isn’t your typical souls game.

I’ve got a backlog as it is with Metro and RE2, so unless I suddenly see a flood of people I trust saying “9/10 play this game now!” I’m probably gonna hold off for a while.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

jd3852fwton21.png

Games number 1 on twitch and steam right now. I'll give some impressions. Gameplay only.

A warning. The game is fucking brutal. FUCKING BRUTAL. As in PS2 Japanese action game levels of fucking hard, the game has no mercy....but I haven't felt cheatrd.

I say that as a soulsborne vet. I'm getting my ass whopped by some of the bosses....but it's so rewarding. The combat's never been this good. It's a clash/rythem of blades it often feels like a dance. There's no honor in this combat though, you fight fucking dirty and the foes does as well. You incoprate a mixture of blade, stealth, techniques, and ninja tools to win. There's a ton of vaiety in the options you get.

The atmosphere though. Good lord it's fucking fantastic. The game makes you feel like your in Feudal Japan. The lore and world design is also great (people who were worried about a lack of item descriptions were needless cause there's still tons of them) honestly From's best so far, level design is very BB and Dark Souls 1-esque, super interconnected and filled with secrets. And the main story is both dark and mysterious. It's quite a bit more direct then past Soulsborne games. (Wolf is a voiced protagainst) 

GET IT.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wolf is a voiced protagainst

I did not expect that. Interesting.

Is the stealth OP? That’s one thing I have wondered about for a while. It didn’t exist in previous From games for a reason. Sneaking past the combat would make a lot of the games trivial. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I did not expect that. Interesting.

Is the stealth OP? That’s one thing I have wondered about for a while. It didn’t exist in previous From games for a reason. Sneaking past the combat would make a lot of the games trivial. 

Awww hell no. The enemies are super oberservant. Stealth is mainly for thinning the enemeies ranks before you engage or exploring. You can use it to depelete a single bar of a mid boss (bosses who exist in the world, almost always who have two bars. Meaning you have to break their posture bars twice if you dont use stealth) but you still have to engage to finish them off. And stealth does nothing against the stage bosses.

With stealth though you can eavesdrop on certain pairs of enemies who often reveal the location of useful items and boss weaknesses. So despite being powerful if you master it, it sure as hell dosen't make things easier.

• Thanks 1

I second that. The combat is the hardest it's ever been.

Game mechanic spoilers below.

Won't lie, this game made me rage but I persisted and enjoy it greatly. English voices are good but out of place for certain things...

Dragonrot is terrifying and makes every death feel like a slap in the face, I rarely use resurrection for that reason to try and limit the decay before having to reverse it, which I don't even need to get since its in stage one(?).

You know what's awesome? Sekiro doesn't have Denuvo. It's an Anti Pirate software that's been proven to mess alot with settings (can slow down games), prevent modding, and requires always online. I understand why devs put it in, but it's pretty anti consumer.  But Fromsoft refused to put it on Sekiro knowing it might have a negative impact on players, really sweet of them.

By now, they know their games will sell enough that a few pirating asshats won't hurt them too bad.

One thing I noticed when looking at it in the store is that the file size is downright tiny. Only 12 gigs where Dark Souls 3 was closer to 50. Did removing classes and online systems really cut out that much fat, or has Fromsoft learned some dark optimization magic that lets them compress to a ridiculous degree?