What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ve seen the vid but didn’t hear something about actual insight.

OH I wasn't talking about that, just a very indepth Day and Night cycle.

Insight, as much as I love it in BB, I don't think it quite matches Dark Souls medieval Gothic setting. 

Though honestly the horrors of the Abyss could probaly drive someone crtazy.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m surprised you like it with how incredibly anime it is XD as well as the concept of blood infused weapons.

I still don’t like or use the gigantic weapons. And blood-related weapons might be a thing in anime, but it’s in other stuff too. Though even if they weren’t, that’s not really something that would bother me.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

What's funny about Bloodborne is the first time I play Dark Souls, I was like, "You know what would be really awesome, if they made a Dark Souls game but with Lovecraft stuff."

And that crazy bastard Miyisaki did it XD

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea I think insanity works pretty well for Souls. Though I guess it’s less about going crazy and more about despair and losing purpose.

In Dark Souls 1 there was originally a system were if you went hollow too much, your character would fall into despair, and the game would delete your save XD They cut it out for obvious reasons. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I still don’t like or use the gigantic weapons. And blood-related weapons might be a thing in anime, but it’s in other stuff too. Though even if they weren’t, that’s not really something that would bother me.

You got examples? I actually don’t as far as anime or anything goes, it just seems like a gimmicky concept that I’d expect from an anime.

Honestly I thought it was one detail that seemed unnecessary. Like, if they kept that out and the weapons were just weapons it wouldn’t change much, unless the blood is responsible for how these weapons can transform partially and gives them power. 

Which, I think is somewhat the case actually, now that I think about it. Specifically against monsters and Great Ones.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Yea I think insanity works pretty well for Souls. Though I guess it’s less about going crazy and more about despair and losing purpose.

That’s what I think too. I wouldn’t go with insight or insanity as a mechanic, but maybe something like willpower or drive. Maybe by making moving towards turning hollow have a more extreme long-term effect rather than being mostly negligible. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s what I think too. I wouldn’t go with insight or insanity as a mechanic, but maybe something like willpower or drive. Maybe by making moving towards turning hollow have a more extreme long-term effect rather than being mostly negligible. 

Dark Souls 2 I think ironically did it the best. As you go hollow, you keep losing a portion of you're health bar (and goes downward to 40 percent) and you become more and more like a zombie at each stage.  Wasn't as hardcore as Dark Souls 1 intended permadeath thing, but going hollow was a meaningful gameplay detriment. 

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You got examples? I actually don’t as far as anime or anything goes, it just seems like a gimmicky concept that I’d expect from an anime.

Vampiric weapons are a thing in DnD, which I‘d bet drew inspiration from some fantasy or another. 

As for trick weapons, it’s just a thing that the Hunters did to make their weapons more versatile against different types of beasts. It may not be necessary, but it still fits and makes for fun gameplay.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Vampiric weapons are a thing in DnD, which I‘d bet drew inspiration from some fantasy or another. 

As for trick weapons, it’s just a thing that the Hunters did to make their weapons more versatile against different types of beasts. It may not be necessary, but it still fits and makes for fun gameplay.

I just meant the blood infusion aspect specifically, not the transforming.

I just meant the blood infusion aspect specifically, not the transforming.

I was only talking about the transforming in the second paragraph. I believe that the DnD vampiric weapons are similar to what a blood infused one would be. Although I’m not big on tabletop games so I can’t really say for certain.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I’m suddenly reminded why I’ll never touch two.

Humanity (Human effigies in this) are way more common, you can get a ring that migrates it by fifty percent, and there's certain weapons/armor that get more powerful as you become more hollowed, it's balanced XD (One of the few fair things in 2)

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was only talking about the transforming in the second paragraph. I believe that the DnD vampiric weapons are similar to what a blood infused one would be. Although I’m not big on tabletop games so I can’t really say for certain.

I actually do have one example, Zabuza in Naruto, his blade repaired itself with the iron in blood.

I actually do have one example, Zabuza in Naruto, his blade repaired itself with the iron in blood.

In ASoIaF the sword Lightbringer was said to have been tempered in the blood of Azor Ahai’s wife, if that counts.

It's a Japanese concept, not an anime one.  There's cursed Japanese swords in folklore whose power is only activated by being fed blood. And sometimes they even have a sentience of their ownm surpassing it's will onto the owner, and turning them into a blood crazed fiend. 

Sir Alonne's bewitched blade in the Iron King DLC's is one such blade, a cursed sword. 

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Which would realistically be really crappy way to temper a sword. 

Everyone loves the ancient heroes for their deeds, but history forgets what shoddy blacksmiths they were. XD 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You mean the akaviri.

The blades are just literal weebs.

The Imperials, literally Roman’s with a weeb complex. No wonder you like them so much XD both of your fetishes rolled into one

I ain't weeb. Blood of the East flows within me. What's your excuse for being a Dragonball fanboy XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Beth really likes Eastern influence in small dosages (Look at the Blades) so it isn't surprising, but yeah, Umbra is basically an evil Japanese sword. 

Evil and cursed weapons are hardly an exclusively eastern concept. Even the Viking sagas have some stuff like that.

Tbh, Umbra feels very Tolkien-esque to me. It’s basically a weaker version of the One Ring in the form of a sword. And we know how much of a hard-on Bethesda had for LotR at the time.