What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

Funny XD

But the point is still there. It's the implication. The fear of the unknown. That's what Bloodborne gets so right compared to other media that tries to do Lovecraft. They might get the design down, but it always ends up "LOOK IT'S CTHULHU *Ten minutes of exposition* HE"S CRAWLING TOWARDS US SO FUCKING SCARY!!!! And the "LOOK AT THAT SCARY MONSTER BE AFRAID" versus "These people have been brutally killed...what did this to them?" 

But with BB it's the perfect blend of the horror behind the implication, and knowing stuff. It dosen't throw you a random monster, and is like "LOOK AT HIM, WE WON"T SAY A DAMN THING BUT ISN'T IT SCARY" BB gives plenty of information, but leaves just enough holes for you to come up with your own answers.  And heaps and heaps of environmental storytelling. 

It's probably the best horror game ever made in my opinion.

• Haha 1

Indeed, I can’t stroke it enough tbh. The Hypogean Gaol/Yahar’gul is my favorite level for that reason. Creepiest by far and gets even crazier later on and makes you forget you (sort of?) backtracked. Doesn’t count tho since you only see it if you suck lol and get killed by Duffle Bag Boi early on.

Very happy I did that authentically though. I sucked all on my own, no help.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Which reminds me, you ever see Birdbox?

Yes XD It's decent, but weird movie. Best part were the Lovecraftian elements though. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, Cthulhu’s a bitch he’d get dragged by Orphan of Kos.

Cthulhu got canonically run over by a Swedish fisher and ran back to Ryleah like a bitch, he's one of the weaker gods ironically XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Very happy I did that authentically though. I sucked all on my own, no help.

Lol, I bet most of us managed to suck on our own. They purposefully made it so that the enemy who takes you doesn’t look too tough but then turns out to have a really unpredictable attack pattern and hits hard enough to two-shot us at that level. That fucking kick... XD 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Lol, I bet most of us managed to suck on our own. They purposefully made it so that the enemy who takes you doesn’t look too tough but then turns out to have a really unpredictable attack pattern and hits hard enough to two-shot us at that level. That fucking kick... XD 

What’s funny is I actually killed it the first time and died later, came back and had no idea it did so much damage and bit the dust.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What’s funny is I actually killed it the first time and died later, came back and had no idea it did so much damage and bit the dust.

I missed the one in the Cathedral Ward entirely on my first go. The one who got me was near a cliffside over near those annoying hunters with the blunderbuss and shock mace. I thought he was just a random heavy mob and attacked him while getting shot at by a sniper. Bad move. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Call me simple, but one of my favorite mechanics is the trick weapons. You could make a build for every single one of them and they’d all feel distinct and satisfying.

Creatively, though, the insight thing is definitely one of the best. It’s such a crazy moment when you figure it out. 

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The amygdala and insight mechanic is my favorite thing about the game. Ballsy.

I just wish they did more with it. It's basically a sanity meter. There's a few cool unique events (like being able to see the Amygdala or the baby crying), but they could have cut out the stupid Chalice Dungeons and just add a whole heap of unique interactions with it. Cant complain though, since what's there is so good, and accurately shows the player going crazy.  The day and night cycle is pretty sweet too with all the interactions with NPC's changing.

It's a shame Dark Souls 3 ended up cutting away that feature, since from what the data mined content says about it, it would have been fucking crazy and even more detailed then Bloodbornes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Call me simple, but one of my favorite mechanics is the trick weapons. You could make a build for every single one of them and they’d all feel distinct and satisfying.

Creatively, though, the insight thing is definitely one of the best. It’s such a crazy moment when you figure it out. 

The truck weapons are indeed fun though I’m surprised you like it with how incredibly anime it is XD as well as the concept of blood infused weapons.