Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

You'll like this, FNV related:

https://gwynbleidd892.tumblr.com/post/620453516668010496/spacerist-but-did-you-see-the-flying-legate-that

They didn't use it in this vid but I assume the dialogue is if you used the satellite orbiting laser gun thing on the Legate. Never even thought to do that before tbh lol, the courier is fucking awesome XD 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They didn't use it in this vid but I assume the dialogue is if you used the satellite orbiting laser gun thing on the Legate. Never even thought to do that before tbh lol, the courier is fucking awesome

That line is if you side with House and he blows up the Fort. Always felt like it was originally meant for the Archimedes laser, though, because of his reaction.

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Chills, in certain spots anyway lol. Skyrim and classic Nerevar Rising is the best.

Oblivions version is a nostalgia blast too.

Agreed. Though I really loved how they weaved Redguard’s theme in there since it’s so different but they made it work well anyway. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

aWWW That would've been amazing if using that gun had scripted dialogue.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. Though I really loved how they weaved Redguard’s theme in there since it’s so different but they made it work well anyway. 

I was surprised actually since most fans don't know that game exists. Understandably. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I NEEEEED A Fallout NV remake. I NEEEEEEED ITTTTT

For me Fallout 3 and NV are just north of the line where age makes games hard to revisit. I love Morrowind and Oblivion, but those can be a little tough to jump back into sometimes. But with NV I can pick it up and play just fine.

That said, I would kill for a remake. Unfortunately it might be the least likely game Bethesda owns to get that treatment. Since they didn’t work on it.

If they did do a remake, and assuming they actually kept everything intact and did it justice, would you be happy just to get new graphics/smoother gameplay or would you want actual design changes?

Personally, I’d prefer to leave it alone. If Obsidian ain’t the ones adding it, I’d rather it stay out. Only exception might be NPC spawn numbers and stuff like that that they only left out due to engine limitations. I’d like to see more troops at Hoover Dam for instance. And of course better AI. 

And honestly, I don't trust them to remake it without Obsidian anyway, they'd change something stupid, or throw shit in like fucking 343 Industries with motherfucking Locke and his big dumb milk dud head and turning Halo 2 into a Halo 5 flashback :stare: Fuck. Locke.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

If they did do a remake, and assuming they actually kept everything intact and did it justice, would you be happy just to get new graphics/smoother gameplay or would you want actual design changes?

Personally, I’d prefer to leave it alone. If Obsidian ain’t the ones adding it, I’d rather it stay out. Only exception might be NPC spawn numbers and stuff like that that they only left out due to engine limitations. I’d like to see more troops at Hoover Dam for instance. And of course better AI. 

^That should answer your question XD If it is a remake, then I want it exactly the same. I feel like smoother gameplay a la Fallout 4 might change too much. That said, animation smoothness would go along with graphics changes if you ask me, and if they could manage to make the gunplay smoother without ruining the balance of the gameplay, then I'd be ok with it. 

But again, I don't think it necessary, most of the guns people used were single fire or bolt action type guns anyway, with some exceptions and I never went through Fallout 3 or NV thinking the gunplay needed to be more like call of duty lol. Just make the game run smooth on 60 fps and it'll be fine out the box.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And honestly, I don't trust them to remake it without Obsidian anyway, they'd change something stupid, or throw shit in like fucking 343 Industries with motherfucking Locke and his big dumb milk dud head and turning Halo 2 into a Halo 5 flashback :stare: Fuck. Locke.

No that was for the Master Chief Collection, since it was made around the time before Halo 5 came out (and turned out far better lol) XD It was a new two cut scenes for it's introduction and epilogue. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No that was for the Master Chief Collection, since it was made around the time before Halo 5 came out (and turned out far better lol) XD It was a new two cut scenes for it's introduction and epilogue. 

I know, lol.

edit: I'm saying it's a halo 5 flashback because it shows locke and the arbiter at the beginning reminiscing.