Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

This is gonna sound stupid at first but the art style of CE Remastered doesn't really fit. Graphically it's better but I play in classic graphics myself.

Halo 2 on the other hand is fucking lit on remastered graphics!

Nah I agree, it's kind of annoying because I like most of the changes. They're pretty drastic lol and some of the differences are hilarious because of how old original Halo CE was. But I hate how light certain areas in the game are that are supposed to be dark as fuck, it's what kills the flood sequence for me.

Ah well. 343 just isn't Bungie.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nah I agree, it's kind of annoying because I like most of the changes. They're pretty drastic lol and some of the differences are hilarious because of how old original Halo CE was. But I hate how light certain areas in the game are that are supposed to be dark as fuck, it's what kills the flood sequence for me.

Ah well. 343 just isn't Bungie.

The lighting was a complete joke in CE remastered. Definitely didn't do justice to the flood missions.

You gotta watch this some time, seeing how the old designer devs talk about Halo CE (and 2) is not only really entertaining but shows how good old bungie was.

Ignore the remaster image, they made those before Halo 3's launch.

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Even the Halo 2 one?

That the one where they constantly make digs at their own game and laugh about the Gravemind cutscene because it’s like 20 minutes long when paired with the ones before and after? XD 

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Even the Halo 2 one?

My negus, I’ve played all the halos except five since halo ce was conceived XD of course I did. 

Im staring at my halo reach statue right now lol. Read the books and everything. I am an ultimate fan.

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My negus, I’ve played all the halos except five since halo ce was conceived XD of course I did. 

Im staring at my halo reach statue right now lol. Read the books and everything. I am an ultimate fan.

:rofl:

The difference between me and you is that I never got a Reach statue but a really cool ass CE Master Chief toy as a kid.

You got a favorite halo book?

That’s hard, but probably the Flood and Evolutions, along with the Fall of Reach.

Contact Harvest is really good too and Tijhan’s favorite. He prefers books dealing with humans and covenant, my favorites are stuff with the flood and the Gravemind/Inferi Sententia/ the Primordial.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s hard, but probably the Flood and Evolutions, along with the Fall of Reach.

Contact Harvest is really good too and Tijhan’s favorite. He prefers books dealing with humans and covenant, my favorites are stuff with the flood and the Gravemind/Inferi Sententia/ the Primordial.

I never got into the forerunners books, wasn't for me. I know Ghosts of Onyx was amazing but it's been so long since I read it that I hardly remember what its about.

Contact Harvest was lit though.

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Contact Harvest is really good too and Tijhan’s favorite.

This is like the most hated one and I’ll never understand why. I liked it. I guess it was the lack of Spartans maybe? The ODST and Tartarus made up for it to me.  

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I had no idea it was hated? I don’t hate any of them, I’m like czar in that the forerunner stuff simply doesn’t interest me unless it’s in relation to the flood, and it often is

Yeah, apparently Contact Harvest and Cole Protocol are widely considered the weakest of the lot. Which is funny because they were the first two I ever read. XD 

I’m like you, though. I like them both. Contact Harvest is probably the better book of the two, but I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t enjoy Cole Protocol more and that it was almost entirely thanks to the badass three Spartan action and my boy Thel Vadam getting featured.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

From what I’ve seen, probably Fall of Reach. 

Makes sense, shits a classic.

I actually just bought evolutions not that long ago just to read the convo between cortana and Gravemind.

of course the meaty parts are online but I wanted to get all the details. The mind tricks logic corruption thing is my favorite concept of flood infection, the idea that they could turn you by hacking your mind, but only don’t with organic matter simply because it’s easier to just do it physically.