Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #4

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD Not literally, lol. But the theme of consumption is imo the most horrifying theme ever constructed. Nothing is more terrifying than the act of consuming a living thing.

With the extra context I agree it is horrifying, for a second there I was starting to judge. XD

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not really tbh, I didn't have the same drive to beat the game as I did DS3 and BB. It just didn't feel like my skill was being tested, it felt like I was battling poor mechanics and shitty hitboxes... XD 

I probably could get through it but I just wasn't having fun doing it so I said fuck it. BB was so much better that I don't think I could ever go back to that.

Ah kk I understand then.  I guess the refiments to 3 and BB have spoiled you a bit? Thought what do you mean by bad hit boxes? I don't quite remember 1 having offensive ones like 2.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh fuck naw. You can't say shit about the hitboxes. When I complained you were poking fun (as you should have ;)), now it's your turn to experience it.

:rofl: Only because you bitched about it so much lol. 

I didn't disagree with your complaints at all, actually XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't quite remember 1 having offensive ones like 2.

Me neither. I’ve played 1 more recently than 3 and recall the hit boxes being stellar. 2’s are indeed really bad though. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Ah kk I understand then.  I guess the refiments to 3 and BB have spoiled you a bit? Thought what do you mean by bad hit boxes? I don't quite remember 1 having offensive ones like 2.

This exactly.

I was getting hit from distances that shouldn't have been possible when fighting most bosses. I was just so used to everything in 3 being pretty much spot on, so the older more clunky DS1 gameplay was just really annoying.

Though at the time I hadn't played BB, just DS3. It just felt like a chore so I lost interest. There was no dramatic "I quit" moment, I just didn't feel like continuing the game so I never did.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

And Balrog bitches about my boy Ulysses and I bitch about taxes. So everything’s square. 

*Courier levels up his tax evasion skills*

Uylsses: "SEE COURIER?! NOW THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T PAY FOR IT'S ROAD! DO YOUU SEE HOW MUCH OF A MONSTER YOU ARE DOOOOO YOUUUUUU SEEEEE?!"

• Haha 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Looking back, of all the armors and weapon from Ds2 that went into 3 I'm actually really disappointed that Velstadt didn't get that love.

I still wish those stupid but awesome Darth Maul twin blade things were in 3. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Courier levels up his tax evasion skills*

Uylsses: "SEE COURIER?! NOW THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T PAY FOR IT'S ROAD! DO YOUU SEE HOW MUCH OF A MONSTER YOU ARE DOOOOO YOUUUUUU SEEEEE?!"

Where is the lie tho XD 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You think Ulysses thinks we need the government to build roads?! 

*triggered*

• Haha 1

You think Ulysses thinks we need the government to build roads?! 

*triggered*

No the thing is he bitches regardless XD

*Level guns*

You are a little bitch who kills from a distance!"

*Levels melee*

"So you like killing from close up? YOU ARE A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think he's annoying 

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No the thing is he bitches regardless XD

*Level guns*

You are a little bitch who kills from a distance!"

*Levels melee*

"So you like killing from close up? YOU ARE A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think he's annoying 

More like:

“You are weak because you rely on guns.” Which is something any gun-only character can feel once they enter Dead Money and are forced to fight with kitchen knives.

and

“You are a sick fuck because you choose to stab and strangle people to death even though you’re from civilized lands.” XD Which is true. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I like that Ulysses serves to actually call you out for essentially being an RPG protagonist. lol It is rarely acknowledged in games how fucked up those guys are.

I think if I start DS1 again, I'll make a new character, put beginning points into strength to wield the Zweihander as fast as possible and go from there.

Just tell me when you do, me and Doc can help you out, and I can recommend some mods too :D

I think if I start DS1 again, I'll make a new character, put beginning points into strength to wield the Zweihander as fast as possible and go from there.

Best part is that you can get it in the first ten minutes of the game. 

In DS1 I like the Claymore even better. Unless I’m going Giantdad. Lol

• Like 1

Best part is that you can get it in the first ten minutes of the game. 

In DS1 I like the Claymore even better. Unless I’m going Giantdad. Lol

When I fight a Giantdad I always go halberd and keep a good distance, punish every swing of their Zweihander with a one handed thrust (or two handed if I have enough poise to withstand a swing). Only times I really lose are when they backstab fish with lag.