Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #4

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

While Gael is the most epic point of the series, you are fighting the fucking closest thing to a whole Dark Soul and god it feels like it. Peek badass. 

He’s like Hulk meets Yoda.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Andre is in the first game...the same Andre.

Ah yea, I forgot... that's confusing then since the curse shouldn't have been going on all this time. Wasn't it a special thing that you were cursed in DS2?

I guess that just means humans that are cursed always remain cursed.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

But Andre I don't think is human...originally he was supposed to be Gywn's exiled firstborn in early renditions of the game.

XiUzTLv.png

He's also used to live in Anor Londo (which apparently had a sizable human population too though) 

And he gets extremely uncomfortable when you hand him a dark ember, 

Just speculation on my part, but I think he's half giant

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah yea, I forgot... that's confusing then since the curse shouldn't have been going on all this time. Wasn't it a special thing that you were cursed in DS2?

When the unofficial patch releases you should really beat Dark Souls 1 XD I remember you're reaction to Bloodborne's world "OMG THIS LORE AND WORLD IS SO FUCKING AMAZING" while with 3 you were like "Pretty great, but not amazing", I think it has something to do with 3 relies SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much on concept and lore stuff from 1. So you'll never have the full picture till you beat it. 

It's a double edged sword. It's great because we finally got the sequel 1 deserved. It's bad because it relies so heavily on 1 to fill it's blanks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

From what I gathered in Ds2 the curse only came about when the first flame waned, like normal. But by Vendrick's time he refused to set stop the Throne of Want and the curse ran rampant through his kingdom.

I agree with Balrog that its fucking heartbreaking finding this once great figure you sought after for so long as a mindless hollow.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

If the curse ended after your actions, he should've died naturally, no?

We don’t know the exact repercussions of usurping the flame. Maybe the curse ended. Maybe it changed.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wasn't it a special thing that you were cursed in DS2?

Nope. The curse predates DS1 and you were nothing special in DS2. The thing that made your cursed undead stand out in that game is that he actually sought out a way to cure himself. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I dont think its gonna happen lol, It's just too old for me.

I mean it's from 2011 XD It's not Morrowind levels of old. You can spruce it up with mods. You were still having fun playing it right? Get omni rolling, a few texture stuff, some fixes and you're good to go XD

I dont think my reaction had anything to do with not playing DS1, since DS3 only loosely relies on stuff from 1 and is mostly standalone by design.

The only thing it spoils would be the SoC fight, and Aldritch, but even so, I got the desired reaction in hindsight and Aldritch is honestly my fav lol, kinda like the lore surrounding the One Reborn and Yahar'gul is pretty much my fav on BB, lol vore shit fascinates me XD 

Dark Souls 3 though was telling too many stories at the same time. BB was much more focused and better crafted, probably because of all the development issues midway they had.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dark Souls 3 though was telling too many stories at the same time. BB was much more focused and better crafted, probably because of all the development issues midway they had.

In this regard, DS1 > DS3. Its story was much more focused. Though BB is the king imo. Every little detail ties into the larger narrative so perfectly. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean it's from 2011 XD It's not Morrowind levels of old. You can spruce it up with mods. You were still having fun playing it right? Get omni rolling, a few texture stuff, some fixes and you're good to go XD

Not really tbh, I didn't have the same drive to beat the game as I did DS3 and BB. It just didn't feel like my skill was being tested, it felt like I was battling poor mechanics and shitty hitboxes... XD 

I probably could get through it but I just wasn't having fun doing it so I said fuck it. BB was so much better that I don't think I could ever go back to that.