Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

I would have no problem if they just added Epic as an alternate storefront. Hell, use the extra 18% that Epic supposedly gives them over Steam to lower the game price by say- 10%- and I bet a lot of people would do it willingly. Win and win.

But to force exclusivity, no.

This is the kind of suck-ass anti-consumer shit that Epic has pulled before. At least this time it didn't involve a Kickstarter game where people had already bought in based on the idea of getting the game on Steam or GOG.

I'm actually a backer on that project. Was super angry. 

4 minutes ago, Celan said:

They were bought out by Microsoft this year, as well. I hadn't heard that before now.

And yet instead of struggling to survive, as Fargo himself put it, inXile is making Wasteland 3 with more resources than ever and releasing it on Steam, GOG, and other platforms. So what’s the issue here?

He also said that they are keeping to prior commitments, much like Obsidian did. He talks in here about how he’s aware of how badly things have been for bought-out companies and he feels it’s not the case for them. They seem to be doing well.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He also said that they are keeping to prior commitments, much like Obsidian did. He talks in here about how he’s aware of how badly things have been for bought-out companies and he feels it’s not the case for them. They seem to be doing well.

Since Obsidian advertised Outer Worlds on Steam, they're not.

We'll see.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Chris Avellone says he’s worked on it, and that it “makes his fangs happy” lol so hopefully it’s indeed still an rpg.

Interesting. I'm starting to think he was right in his criticisms of Obsidian, too.