Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

32 minutes ago, BTC said:

But it got me thinking again about something I've occasionally wondered about. I don't expect this to happen, but were we ever to start a third roleplay, what theme or setting would y'all want? I've thought something sci-fi or space themed, like Star Wars, would fit well in with everyone's interests. But I'm curious if y'all have given it any thought before

I don't have the energy even for the Elder Scrolls rp any longer, but the one thing that could probably get me would be Dune. Always wanted a good rpg in that world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

You know we never stay in one spot

We managed to keep the first two chapters of the TES RP in and around Falkreath of all places. And Fallout’s mostly been in Wellstone. 

Granted, once we start branching out, we branch out far. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, Celan said:

I don't have the energy even for the Elder Scrolls rp any longer, but the one thing that could probably get me would be Dune. Always wanted a good rpg in that world.

Dune would be fun for sure. Though I’d definitely want to read up before tackling something like that.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And then there would be the unbearable nightmare of trying to decide what era we set it in XD I would want Clone Wars, just cause I want a Republic Commando. 

I’d say somewhere between 10BBY and 1BBY because the rebellion is starting to form, but players like Luke aren’t present yet. Plus it leaves room for characters like former clones, imperials questioning their loyalty, normal people deciding to rise up against the oppression, surviving Jedi, etc

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, BTC said:

I was thinking Old Republic, so you could have Jedi and Sith without it being as extremely powerful and special as they are closer to the movies

That’s a good one as well because there’s a lot of information on the time period as well as a lot of time space where nothing known happened with is basically just waiting to be turned into a Star Wars sand box

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, BTC said:

I was thinking Old Republic, so you could have Jedi and Sith without them being as extremely powerful and special as they are closer to the movies

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’d say somewhere between 10BBY and 1BBY because the rebellion is starting to form, but players like Luke aren’t present yet. Plus it leaves room for characters like former clones, imperials questioning their loyalty, normal people deciding to rise up against the oppression, surviving Jedi, etc

Those are all rich eras too. Old Republic since it would allow us to actual make Sith characters without the whole Rule of Two getting in the way. Though if we with Centurion's, I guess you could make an Imperial Inquisitor, which is kinda a Sith...

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

That’s a good one as well because there’s a lot of information on the time period as well as a lot of time space where nothing known happened with is basically just waiting to be turned into a Star Wars sand box

That’s what I was thinking. It has just enough info to not be a total blank slate but we could do whatever we wanted without messing with the lore or encountering major characters and having to deal with that. Plus, lots of Sith and Jedi

• Like 1

Cyberpunk or something Cyberpunk lol, like Altered Carbon or just Scifi like the Expanse. I already was playing with the idea of writing a short story with Cyberpunk/Expanse Rebbabo, lol.

Rebec would be the captain of a quick military cruiser repurposed as a merchant ship that she got from pirates trying to raid her, and Baldur and Boldir are in the space marines.

Baldur and Boldir just escaped from a ship that got destroyed and are being chased by dog fighters.

Theyre both in fighters, and Boldir covers Baldur’s escape by crashing his ship into another, ejecting at the last second and barely catches onto another fighter, then takes him out. Now he’s stranded in space, and instead of retreating, Baldur doubles back and takes on the remaining dog fighters alone to save his life. He manages to take out most of them and pick up an unconscious Boldir but his ship takes a hit from the remaining fighters. There’s only two left, and just when they’re about to bite the dust, Rebec rides in, and blows them up before giving the two a pickup and saving their asses.

And that’s how Rebba meets in my sci-fi fantasy.

Also since this is in the future Baldur does his fighting while listening to heavy metal and trap music.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee