Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

I'll say this, at least Andromeda is a...bioware game. A really bad one, but still tried to do there formula.  Anthem is a literal disaster that feels like it was made by a low budget euro jank, not the king of story RPG's. 

And remember Andromeda was not made by Bioware proper, but an inexperienced dev team,  Anthem was THERE A TEAM.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hope it’s true

There's was a massive leak a few weeks ago that said as much (from very reliable sources)...and before that a month ago Microsoft said they were planning to support Halo on the PC as much as they can...all this happening when they tease a massive announcement for the MCC. It's basically all but confirmed. I'm hoping for Reach and Firefight being added too it, but that's just being greedy. 

Amazon has been teasing their Lord of the Rings series. It will apparently be set in the Second Age, so well before the events of LOTR. I was surprised and pretty excited about that, assuming they don't fuck it up by making the elves girly men or whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Celan said:

Amazon has been teasing their Lord of the Rings series. It will apparently be set in the Second Age, so well before the events of LOTR. I was surprised and pretty excited about that, assuming they don't fuck it up by making the elves girly men or whatever.

I am very glad to hear that, actually. I don’t think I’ve met anyone who actually wants a series about the main trilogy. The movies weren’t perfect, but they did it well enough and I wouldn’t bet on Amazon’s take being better.

Going back to previous Ages will save them from dealing with constant scene-by-scene comparisons. Here’s hoping Tom Bombadil appears in it. :lol: 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Asian Boldir. Dude went to work for the whole movie. Picked up a police baton and riot shield and went straight medieval, threw motherfuckers over his head into the roof of the train n shit.

Then dropped all that, taped his arms up and pieces up all the zombies to protect his wife and this other niggas kid with straight hands son.

Wasnt even the protagonist but he should’ve been.

Guy is a boss

F30932BC-0CA9-49D8-AC1A-004851A2567A.jpeg

41356C7B-DA3E-4F66-B40D-060049D028D9.jpeg

1DEC2DBD-90DC-497C-AB2C-90BE4055A711.gif

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I always wonder why more people don’t do this in zombie shit. Good luck biting through layers of duct tape. 

Because if people did smart or even sensible things the writers would have to put more effort into writing the plot to create tension. 

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Because if people did smart or even sensible things the writers would have to put more effort into writing the plot to create tension. 

I remember when the guy in World War Z (the meh movie not the decent book) did it at the beginning. I was like “yeah, this is the first not stupid zombie movie protagonist ever” and then he only kept it on for that part and never did it again. Even though I’m pretty sure he got bit on the arm during that part and the tape saved him. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I remember when the guy in World War Z (the meh movie not the decent book) did it at the beginning. I was like “yeah, this is the first not stupid zombie movie protagonist ever” and then he only kept it on for that part and never did it again. Even though I’m pretty sure he got bit on the arm during that part and the tape saved him. 

There's always exceptions to the rule. And the rule is that when in doubt, hand someone the idiot ball. Though I feel this isn't exclusive to zombie media. I think it's just a bit more noticeable when someone does something stupid that lets zombies in. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

If y’all dislike all that and wanna see some good zombie content, watch Kingdom, very short Netflix show but super good, and watch Train to Busan. Never got so emotional over a zombie movie before.

Closest was Zombieland when we almost lost Tallahassee.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Closest was Zombieland when we almost lost Tallahassee.

I’m usually not big on sequels, but Zombieland is one of those movies that I really would’ve liked to get one for.