Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

Mass Effect is still my favorite space drama as far as games are concerned, which is saying a lot since Halo is on my top games list.

So yea it hurts. Dragon Age was up there too for fantasy, even with the disappointing aspects of DA 2, and how mind numbing most of Inquisition was. The one thing they still managed to do well was characters and lore.

Now I don't think that's gonna be enough to carry them except for their most die hard fans, which I no longer count myself as such.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

If they dont stop with this games as a service shit, that's a wrap for dragon age as well. I am not buying that shit if I find out it's super bare bones and they're gonna patch shit in later or release dlc to make up for the shitastic launch like Destiny.

Y'all can fill me in on the lore bits, but I'll live. 

And beware because I know there's gonna be so much good marketing for it just like there always is, and lol they're gonna have Solas in the forefront but be careful. They're gonna use Solas to catfish yo ass when you least expect it. 

I don't think they should be commended for that, not in principle anyway. Maybe if it wasn't their fault, like their publishers forced their deadlines but the company as a whole really shouldn't be. It's why I refuse to play no man's sky despite how good my boi claims it is. I'm just not doin it, fuck that guy and his punk ass snicker.

I'd like to blame new generation gamers and it is mostly them, but there's also a looot of apologists out there who will defend a game company to the death because they're worried about their fucking feelings. Like Bethesda and their fan bases Todd Worship.

I don't care how much you like nerd boys, or his sob story about being one and wanting to make games. Fuck him, lol, and seventy dicks. And fallout 4. And whatever the fuck Starfield is.

Theres actually memes online making fun of people who say 76 is a bad game. Imagine that shit

• Like 1

Man even naps aren’t safe apparently. My dreams straight up attack me now. The short and simple is, I’m in the military, I meet a girl, we hit off really well, things are going really great and some genuine feelings develop, then out of nowhere she decides to walk out of the relationship for whatever reason, and I’m crushed. I just woke up from a nap and my face hurts because apparently I had my jaw clenched in anger/saddness/pain the whole time I was asleep. And for the people who don’t know, this has happened to me in real life 3 times already :down:

Fuck:dntknw:

Nah fuck all that, you’re starting to sound like me XD that’s not what that means, shes just not compatible for whatever reason

People come and go in our lives and it means nuthin about yourself unless you make it. Women are fickle anyway. If I had a character flaw for each chick that passed me up and came to regret it later, I’d be a Bethesda npc.

I've felt for a while now like Joe's reviews and his final scores don't really match up. That review did not feel like it matched a 4/10, slightly below average game at all. It felt like a 2 or 3 at the most. The only good things he had to say were that the graphics were nice and that the flying was fun and well done but not used very creatively. The rest was just him slamming it.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I felt like it matched personally. A 2 or 3 is Fallout 76 where there's absolutely nothing redeeming about it (though if you ask me that should even be a 1 but he saves those for games he feels are so bad it's offensive... which, again, to me is Fallout 76 lol). But for a lot of players, pretty graphics and good gameplay rank high, and he did mention that the actual gameplay was almost perfect. 

What brings it down is the loading times, the enemy variation, the AI, quest design, etc etc. Which again, all matters quite a bit lol but that there was anything positive about it at all is why it got a notch or two above 76.

I think it's a fair assessment. 

There's also the stuff he mentioned about them attempting to fix character interaction and story, even if they failed. Vs Fallout 76 lol where Bethesda not only didn't try, they gutted these things out entirely.