Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

22 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

You've been tasked by Vault-Tec to decide and construct the human experiment of vault 31. 

Option #2 sounds like Vault 34 except the residents are even less likely to kill each other. Those guys did alright for a century or so, so if the goal is discovering what works, I think this one would be the most likely to provide useful data.

For pure hilarity, option #4 of course. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I’d love to see how the prudes deal with disintegrating vault suits. I could see them becoming a people whose clothing is fashioned out of bedsheets. Like a bunch of Vault-Tec togas. XD 

The noncriminal psychopaths one sounds like it would be one of the most interesting to witness. I think the ones with poor self control would get found out and killed by the more intelligent ones very quickly, and that it wouldn’t take long for many of the psychos to figure out that they’re surrounded by people who aren’t normal.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Option #2 sounds like Vault 34 except the residents are even less likely to kill each other. Those guys did alright for a century or so, so if the goal is discovering what works, I think this one would be the most likely to provide useful data.

For pure hilarity, option #4 of course. XD 

I noticed that one when I looked up unclaimed vault numbers. Though I was thinking this one wouldn't even have an armory and instead have the weapons laying around. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

17 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I noticed that one when I looked up unclaimed vault numbers. Though I was thinking this one wouldn't even have an armory and instead have the weapons laying around. 

I think it’s pretty likely they’d make an armory anyway. A bunch of legitimate pacifists wouldn’t be quick to use them and the majority would probably agree that the weapons need to be organized somehow.

How it turns out would probably depend on if this is a vault full of hardcore “never hurt anyone no matter what” type pacifists or if it’s more the “non agression but you can defend yourself” types. If it’s the former, then all it would take is one small group abandoning their philosophy to take over as tyrants with ease. If it’s the latter, then I think the vault community would turn out pretty well.

35 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The noncriminal psychopaths one sounds like it would be one of the most interesting to witness. I think the ones with poor self control would get found out and killed by the more intelligent ones very quickly, and that it wouldn’t take long for many of the psychos to figure out that they’re surrounded by people who aren’t normal.

Well one of the core traits of psychopaths is narcissism. Along with a manipulative behavior and lack of empathy. It would definitely be interesting to see if they would be able to cooperate enough to keep the vault together or if they'd devolve into constantly backstabbing each other. 

20 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It would definitely be interesting to see if they would be able to cooperate enough to keep the vault together

I think the smartest ones might be able to work together and make this happen. For purely selfish reasons, of course. And once enough people realize that nobody in the vault has any empathy at all, it might even keep the more deranged among them from acting on violent impulses. They’d know that literally nobody will feel remotely bad about killing them if they act out of line.

I feel bad for any kids born in this vault. Though I kinda doubt the population would last through two generations.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think the smartest ones might be able to work together and make this happen. For purely selfish reasons, of course. And once enough people realize that nobody in the vault has any empathy at all, it might even keep the more deranged among them from acting on violent impulses. They’d know that literally nobody will feel remotely bad about killing them if they act out of line.

I feel bad for any kids born in this vault. Though I kinda doubt the population would last through two generations.

That's provided they figure it out. Smarter ones are generally smart in that they can also fake empathy and emotions. And with none of them really knowing what kind of people they are surrounded by, they will most likely continue to act and pretend to be normal. So it could just end up like a form of masquerade with everyone holding daggers behind their backs. 

Big fan of the Color Out of Space though. It's one of H.P's best works in my opinion. Love the concept of the color, and how it's "not of this world", and hence it's dosen't obey our laws of physics. Pretty stroked were finally getting a real Cthulhu Mythos film that actually seems to have good production. 

Really worried how their going to handle Yog Sothoth's cameo at the end. I don't think, no matter how high the movie's budget, they can do the Lurker at the Threshold justice. 

dbx7pcp-626cc000-00d0-4265-9c59-d22b0fbc

That’s the problem with making movies like that at all, but it’s not gonna be the same of course. Hopefully they leave stuff like that to the imagination,

But then, Nicholas Cage is in it. XD if you’re expecting a faithful adaptation of anything with him in it, prepare to be disappointed.

If the movie actually comes out im going in expecting something cheesy but hopefully fun.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

If y’all wanna see what Cage is up to nowadays y’all should watch Mandy because it is absolutely batshit in the best possible way and the style is like a 2 hour long trip on drugs

Edited by BTC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BTC said:

If y’all wanna see what Cage is up to nowadays y’all should watch Mandy because it is absolutely batshit in the best possible way and the style is like a 2 hour long trip. As in, a drug trip 

Do I need to be high to enjoy it?

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee