Shattered Steel OOC #1

The Good Doctor

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

His nine was cucked by Sully's ten XD

Though if depth perception was a stat, Sully would have a firm NO

Depth perception seems like it would fall handily under the category of perception. His good eye must be very good. XD 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 1 month later...

I propose a law that makes it illegal to end a post mid-scene in order to create suspense. All posts must end on finished scenes that don't leave my curiosity too tickled. 

In all serious though, it was an interesting post. Curious to see who this Inquisitor was and what he was up to. As well as what the General will propose. Though I'm more interested in the Inquisitor as we've so far only seen and known about one Inquisitor in town and it makes me curious on there being more and how they'll play into things. 

I also see you managed to fit in that argument you wanted. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

There are a fixed number of Inquisitors in town currently. BT has the number, but I remember that it’s not a lot. 

And yeah, I felt like it was about time I gave Tristan and Felix some attention, so I really didn’t want to omit that argument, as I feel like it does a better job of introducing what kind of person Tristan is than just having Josey or Gregory reflect on it. Especially the way he returns to Sinbad afterwards as if nothing happened.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 months later...

Been running the RP circuit in real life today. XD Traveled through Shinbone first, all the way to Gateway City. I didn’t want to get jumped by mutants, so I didn’t stop.

Then I headed on into the Lost Lands, where I finally stopped in Columbia to barter for fuel with a lady who I can only assume was a slaver.

I drove late into the night in search of a safe place to sleep and eventually reached Concordia and Brotherhood territory. Knowing I was now in well-guarded lands, I opted to travel a little longer, eventually reaching Wellstone, from the heart of which the lights and buildings stretched as far as I could see in every direction. It was a little busy for my tastes, though, so I continued on a little longer, and eventually found a nice inn a little west of town.

Tomorrow I will continue my trek across the Brotherhood lands, and into the Legion territory beyond. Wish me luck. :disguise:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Been running the RP circuit in real life today. XD Traveled through Shinbone first, all the way to Gateway City. I didn’t want to get jumped by mutants, so I didn’t stop.

Then I headed on into the Lost Lands, where I finally stopped in Columbia to barter for fuel with a lady who I can only assume was a slaver.

I drove late into the night in search of a safe place to sleep and eventually reached Concordia and Brotherhood territory. Knowing I was now in well-guarded lands, I opted to travel a little longer, eventually reaching Wellstone, from the heart of which the lights and buildings stretched as far as I could see in every direction. It was a little busy for my tastes, though, so I co tinies on a little longer, and eventually found a nice inn a little west of town.

Tomorrow I will continue my trek across the Brotherhood lands, and into the Legion territory beyond. Wish me luck. :disguise:

Find any Ironclads?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Spoilers for Witch’s new post.

I feel that John has a more cautious mindset than most of the POV characters, and this post highlighted it quite a lot. Cautious in the sense that he avoids danger and conflict to a greater degree. I like this and feel like it mixes things up a bit. That said, his final thoughts clearly showed that he was displeased with himself for not going all the way in his search for Mark, and suggests that he might be willing to take more risks to get this next job done. I‘d definitely love it if this + his brushing shoulders with rebels and the idea of possibly freeing his brother causes some development on his end that results in him becoming a little more proactive and motivated.

I also still think Mark will end up being a problem akin to Taylor Simon.

I always pictured John's older brother being very protective and always telling John to avoid danger and if things go bad that he should run. Of course Chris isn't around anymore so now John will have to figure things out for himself.

And Mark is most likely going to be trouble. But I hope he will be the fun kind of trouble. :P

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Of course Chris isn't around anymore so now John will have to figure things out for himself.

That’s not-so-low-key what I was hoping to spark in him a bit when I had Ben Fisher mention Paradise. Course it wasn’t just a meta thing. It’s a pretty natural thing for him to bring up considering Chris is the thing that links them. If they ever get a decent chance, it would be nice to one day include a scene where they go more in-depth on the matter.

On another note, it occurs to me that John doesn’t seem to have any friends. At least not outside these rebel sorts he’s starting to run around with, and Mark who’s been gone for some time. With characters like Patton and Sinbad having no friends makes total sense because they’re new in town, but John is a local born and raised, and thinking on it, I wonder if losing his brother was more traumatic for him than I gave it credit for, and possibly a reason behind his extreme loner mentality. Or maybe I’m overthinking it and we just never see his friends because they’re not relevant. :P 

Speaking of Sinbad, @TheCzarsHussar are you down to participate in an upcoming post with him in it? 

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

He has friends. Just not any real close ones. I figure pretty much everyone he used to be good friends with either joined the gangs (something John never found that enticing) or are serving time.

Reminds me a little of the Street Kid life path in Cyberpunk.

26 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Aye certainly! But I gotta finish a post with Witch and Centurion with him too, I've slacked off of it and you've reminded me. I can still work with ya though

Great! I imagine you’ll enjoy it. You’ll get  a chance to show that tough SOB in action (and this time not as his tribe is being massacred XD).

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

OH WAIT, you said Sinbad. Yeah man he's completely free, for some reason I thought you were talking about Zodiac

Yeah, Sinbad. I can’t go having too many ideas for Zodiac because he’s still completely hypothetical. XD 

• 2 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar

Remind me, why was Sinbad's Reaver tribe considered "the Third Tribe" again? 

Also, have any of you seen The Boys? There is a character in that whose story, situation, and motives reminded me a lot of Gregory. But RP connection aside, I’d recommend it. It was an awesome show and season 2 comes out this week.

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, have any of you seen The Boys? There is a character in that whose story, situation, and motives reminded me a lot of Gregory. But RP connection aside, I’d recommend it. It was an awesome show and season 2 comes out this week.

I haven't heard of it before, but Ill certainly look into it!